Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What are you drinking in 2016

Scottie

Congrats on the brews Dave.

I have some of the MJ54 yeast stored myself for re-use. A very malt friendly yeast that I plan to play around with again soon.

I rarely drink cider, & have never made one myself. Interesting little recipe there though that looked fairly simple to make, so glad it's turned out well. happy

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NGrvJNT.jpg

Had a couple of these this arvo. This spin on the old brown dog recipe has been in the keg for about 2 months now and is drinking beautifully. I subbed the dark ale can for a Morgan's dark ale kit that was gifted to me and the Amber LME for Light LME. This one was dry hopped with Mosaic.

Cheers,

Dave

version 2 of my smoked bock. first beer i've ever tried to directly replicate, because the original was so damned good. it's pretty close!

1mLNmn5.png

i also had a sneaky taster of my next one still carbing (though it's pretty close). classic eastern european bock at around 7% ABV. it's gonna be a good oktober...

You might as well bathe in it lol, it's not my greatest ever beer, I think the yeast is ready to be moved on in favour of some new stuff.

But yeah, thanks mate. The beers went well yesterday for my birthday BBQ. The pilsner was the most popular, but the ESB was flowing as well. I didn't want people to drink the other one because it isn't that great although I did have a couple myself.

And the good news is that none of the kegs was emptied, so I still have plenty on hand for myself while I get the next three filled, the first of which will be filled this week sometime.

Cheers

Kelsey

Brew fridge = best investment to this hobby to date! And I'm just referring to the cold crashing ability.

All of the kit and extract brews that I have done to date have been tasty... but cloudy. I did a Dr Smurtos Golden Ale and threw some bottles in the fridge while cold crashing my Stone & Wood Pacific Ale clone. Well 1 week at 0.5C made a huge difference. Beer poured the clearest I've ever made, nice compact sediment in the bottle.

Looking forward to adding cold crashing to every brew that I do from now on and should hopefully reduce the amount of sediment in the bottles and get some clearer brews as a result

99BB2372-4FA1-4903-A9F2-3ADB8BA3982B.jpg

On tap at the moment I have the blandest of beers, Consequences Lager while the other tap still has my RIPA which isn't as bad but isn't anywhere near as good as other beers that I have brewed - especially my English Bitters. The other issue I have is that it is an IPA and therefore at 5.2% its about 30% stronger than my standard brews.

I think I'll stick to EBs and APAs in the future and reserve my IPA sampling for some of the many fine examples getting around town at the moment. Had two pints of Pirate Life APA at the Customs House yesterday and they were very nice.

Cheers & Beers

Scottie

Valley Brew

Don't have any pics to put on as I know theres some laborious process involved and I've finally collapsed on the deck with a beer and can't be naffed!

I usually like to have a light, med and dark in a session - although I'm pretty light on stock at the mo this weekend I've been enjoying my Freezer Cleaner APA....which has been a lovely drop for what is basically a 'left-overs' extract brew, some Big Island IPA (thanks Chad) which is still drinking lovely as it ages, and some Toucan Stout which has a kick on it like a mule!

Happy Days cool

Had two pints of Pirate Life APA at the Customs House yesterday and they were very nice.

Cheers & Beers

Scottie

Valley Brew

Pirate life are doing some very nice beers , there's another small craft brewer here in Radelaide called Big Shed brewing concern that makes some of my favourites

Kol Schisel - German pale ale - cloudy but very drinkable

Jetty Jumper - session IPA

Golden Stout Time is just bloody delicious and very hard to describe

there are a few bottle shops interstate that stock them

heres a link to them http://www.bigshed.beer/

Finally a bit of sunshine here in SA today & I've had the day off work. Well I've done my usual brewing chores for the day, LHBS pickup of supplies, gravity sample of the current brew, tasting of current brew sample, mixed up & began a 1½ litre starter from some stored US-05 yeast. It's a tough life, but the hard yards must be done as a home brewer. wink

After all those arduous tasks, time for a few from the keg & a few Coopers Artisan Pilsners. biggrin

Bravo_PA.jpg

Bravo hop influenced APA. cool It's got some nice stats for PA's/IPA's & offers some real punch into those types of beers across the board from bittering through to aroma. It is high alpha/low co-humulone which makes it a very cost effective & versatile hop overall.

I've done a few brews with it now in various areas of the hop schedule, & am beginning to understand it's strengths. I like Bravo.

The beer is quite enjoyable. happy

Cheers,

Lusty.

I've done a few brews with it now in various areas of the hop schedule' date=' & am beginning to understand it's strengths. I like Bravo.

The beer is quite enjoyable. [img']happy[/img]

Cheers,

Lusty.

Nice!

I have a CCCRye IPA saison thing on the go atm and it is tops.

Citra, Calypso and Comet in a Rye Saison...

Lusty - I may have to send you one and a sour...

Hiya Ben! smile

I have a CCCRye IPA saison thing on the go atm and it is tops.

Citra' date=' Calypso and Comet in a Rye Saison...

Lusty - I may have to send you one and a sour...[/quote']

Sorry I haven't sent anything up for a while. Started a new relationship a few months back & brewing took a back seat for quite a while & I scaled back to a lot of pure K&K & extract based brews. I also started brewing 21 litre batches that basically filled the kegs with little to nothing left over to bottle.

As always, I read your brew day brews with interest & your follow ups. cool

I've been loading up on Nelson Sauvin from my LHBS over the last few weeks in expectation of me brewing a lot of Pale Ales using it in various configurations over the Summer, so expect a delivery of those brews over the Summer period for sure. smile

I've got a killer PA that I brewed two years ago that I couldn't brew last year due to the shortage of NS, that I plan to brew again this year multiple times, I thought it was that good.

So expect a sample of that for sure. wink

How are your Rosella flowers coming along? That Saison you made using them was sensational to look at, & drank beautifully. It just needed a suitable hop marriage influence & WOW!! Massive winner!

Sooooo impressive. coollove

Cheers,

Lusty.

How are your Rosella flowers coming along? That Saison you made using them was sensational to look at' date=' & drank beautifully. It just needed a suitable hop marriage influence & WOW!! Massive winner!

[/quote']

Slowly slowly they are.

Can we ask Coopers for like buttons on this forum? This thread surely needs it. biggrin
I think it's a great idea' date=' but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. They still can't even be bothered to fix the threads so that when you open one it shows the latest post first instead of having to scroll all the way through a page or click the latest page etc. Same when you are replying to a thread, the latest post should be at the top, not the f'n bottom. [img']annoyed[/img]

Can we ask Coopers for like buttons on this forum? This thread surely needs it. biggrin
I think it's a great idea' date=' but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. They still can't even be bothered to fix the threads so that when you open one it shows the latest post first instead of having to scroll all the way through a page or click the latest page etc. Same when you are replying to a thread, the latest post should be at the top, not the f'n bottom. [img']annoyed[/img]

Ahh thats a pity. This forum has the potential to be a really good one with tweaks. Its nice to be able to appreciate a post with a like instead of having to quote and answer all the time.

Ahh that's a pity. This forum has the potential to be a really good one with tweaks. Its nice to be able to appreciate a post with a like instead of having to quote and answer all the time.

G'day PaleMan' date=' try Facebook. [img']wink[/img]

Cheers.

Archived