Coopers Community

New Site Feedback

PB2

I want to Edit my brews and add tasting notes as the brew ages' date=' but there is no way I can do this. I would also like to Edit some labels, but still no way. I don't want to actually delete any labels, but I do want to delete some brews that I've never made, but they show up because I was trying various ways of getting rid of them. I've only made one of the Coopers Celebration Ale, but My Completed Brews shows four, therefore I want to rid of the first three labels shown (blue).[/quote']

I'm in the same boat Beaver. This problem has been raised previously. It's a shame the issue is taking so long to correct given it is a relatively simple bit of coding required to fix the problem.

Given that Coopers have incorporated this as part of the new website, it would seem they would like the public to use it.

I'm led to believe the wheels are turning. Slowly, but they are turning. wink

Cheers,

Anthony.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad to hear that I'm not doing something stupid Beerlust. It's just happened again, I've just started a new brew and put all of the steps and directions in, when I clicked on "Save My Brew" it has vanished from the "Now Brewing" section and gone in to the"Completed Brews", even though there's more information to come when the brew is complete e.g, Final Gravity, number of brewing days, etc,etc. Frustrating because I can't remove it from "Completed Brews" or edit it and under the "Now Brewing" section at the top it just shows "0" and in the "Now Brewing" section it says "You have no current brews".

Cheers

Beaver

• 1 month later...

Top o' the morning to ya (or afternoon or evening or night or wherever you are in the world)

Normally this isn't a problem for me since NSW adheres to daylight saving times when necessary. Here in Qld, however, the displayed forum posting times are different (an hour ahead) of the actual local time zone when posted. I'd be interested to know whether people in other time zones (SA, NT, WA, Canada) also have this showing up to rule out whether it's just me or a general issue.

If the latter, the coding geeks need to sit in a room full of mirrors and take a long hard look at the themselves for hard coding times into the application. It's so super easy (about two lines of an intro javascript) to call the time in UTC, call for the PC set time zome, and show the true local timestamps on the forum for that user.

Although, it's such a basic error that I have to assume it's only happening to me. And just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there isn't people out there trying to get me.

Aloha my Hawaiian home brewing friend.

The site time appears to be based on AEDT (or AEDST for this time of year). I'm in SA & the posting times are always listed 30mins ahead of the actual time here in SA. It's been that way since day dot once the new forum was put up. I just accept it.

Strange that it was overlooked though. With most forums a timezone option is usually offered as a preference as part of creating a user profile for the site. whistling

Good luck with that one Phil. wink

Cheers,

Anthony.

Yeah, I get the same issue with the timestamp living in WA, where it's always 2 hours ahead. Up until now though, I wasn't 100% sure if the forum was currently working on daylight savings time or not, so I guess now I'm 3 hours behind the timestamps.

It's inconvenient, but you get used to it.

Aloha my Hawaiian home brewing friend.

The site time appears to be based on AEDT (or AEDST for this time of year). I'm in SA & the posting times are always listed 30mins ahead of the actual time here in SA. It's been that way since day dot once the new forum was put up. I just accept it.

Strange that it was overlooked though. With most forums a timezone option is usually offered as a preference as part of creating a user profile for the site. whistling

Good luck with that one Phil. wink

Cheers' date='

Anthony.[/quote']

OK, my Czechoslovakian mate, pivo chtí?, and gang

I think we should start a movement; I'll give Arlo Guthrie a call 'cos he can be pretty persuasive with his guitar. We geographically-challenged people should not be called upon to use our brains to determine the proper time.

And at exactly 9 pm tonight, I wan't you to all muster the totality of your anger, open up your window, poke your head out, and at the top of your voice scream "I'm mad as hell! And I won't put up with this any more!"*

Thank you for your cooperation.

* For those that have seen that film, I really am mad. Totally crazy.

Sorry for the delay; I've just got back from visiting hours.

King and CanCanMan have just done my head in -- and you both know I'm smart-challenged. For my Baldrick-like cunning plan to work, we need to determine the speed of sound in air, our respective distances from PB2's house, the variations in atmospheric pressure over the shortest vector, and whether we want fries with that. Maybe it wasn't such a good plan. sad

• 1 month later...

Quite a while ago (and if I had to guess I'd say 8 to 10 months), someone commented on the member ratings. Don't get me wrong, because I'm very happy to be rated a Brewginner/Taster (which is more than I deserve) on my dashboard, but I'm beginning to think the rating is probably based on the number of brews placed by someone on their My Brews facility on the website. Yes, I know some will think I'm a bit slow to only hypothesise this now, but I prefer to think it is "very well considered". innocent

Perhaps some of the members who regularly use the My Brew function might be able to confirm or deny this. I don't ever recall this being announced following the publication of the new web site if it is the case.

To truly reflect the knowledge and skill of the very regular posters (myself excluded), perhaps it may be time to change the strategy and categorise skill and experience on the number of posts a person has had. This would immediately allow a reader to make a decision on how much value to place on a particular response more easily. (I'm also aware that the number of posts by an individual may not be a true reflection on the value of their advice [management types call this goal "displacement"], but given there is currently a reticence by most in using the My Brew feature, perhaps it might be more useful than the situation now.)

Cheers, Phil

Hey Phil

I am not 100% sure on the number of posts being positively related to brewing knowledge. I have over 2000 posts (***** & Scottie) and probably the most constructive post was when I burned my previous identity and stopped posting for a period.

Cheers

Scottie

Valley Brew

Has anyone else not been able to log in to the forum for the last week or so?

I've been trying every day on multiple computers, and today is the first time that I've been able to log in since last week.

The forum's been pretty quiet for a while, so I'm assuming that a lot of others have had the same problem.

Has anyone else not been able to log in to the forum for the last week or so?

I've been trying every day on multiple computers' date=' and today is the first time that I've been able to log in since last week.

The forum's been pretty quiet for a while, so I'm assuming that a lot of others have had the same problem.[/quote']

G'day Chuznut,

I had the same issue was only able to log in last night after I think around 5 days it was.

Cheers Nathan

I too was unable to login for about that period of time. I figured the web geeks were up to something with the site, & just had to be patient. wink

See I knew I hadn't done anything wrong this time! biggrin

What I couldn't understand at the time was that others were still posting, so I contacted Coopers who kindly verified my initial thoughts.

It may have had something to do with the various platforms/operating systems that the site/DIY App is being presented on. unsure

Cheers,

Anthony.

Anthony is correct, our developers had been working on the login and it appears we have resolved the issue so we apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

If you have any further difficulties please email customerservice@coopers.com.au

Happy festive season

Comment: Hello everybody

Response: Hello Dr Nick

Comment: It's really Hairy here and I'm using my antiphile alias 'cos I couldn't be bothered logging out and in again. devilalienbandit

If it means BeerLust can log in and post now, then it's still not fixed. Tell the team to keep working on it.

Cheers

Phil. Oops. I mean Hairy sideways

Archived