Coopers Community

New Site Feedback

PB2

I would like to be able to go to the last post in a thread and not the first. that was the case on the old forum' date=' so why not this one??

[/quote']

+1

I agree Nick, & I'm pretty sure it was mentioned early on once the new website was up. unsure

I've learned to accept & work within many different systems in life, but for those that frequent the forum, this does create an unnecessary annoyance. If you are following a thread, it is a waste of time to be sent to the first post of that thread rather than the most recent.

I hope something will be done about this soon. pouty

Cheers,

Anthony.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It would be nice to be able to stay logged on' date=' is that happening?

I still can not get by brews to show that they are finished.

[/quote']

Hi Ronald

I'm new here but I have been able to complete some brews by following these steps.

1. From "My Brewery Dashboard" select the brew you want to complete.

2. Click on the "Now Brewing" page selector near the top of the screen.

3. Choose the recipe you want to complete.

4. Go down the page to the "Directions" section and mark each step as complete using the "Click to complete step" button.

5. Go further down the page and click on an "Edit" button.

6. The page will open in Edit mode. Click a "Save and Continue" button.

7. The recipe you started on will now be marked complete and will disappear from "Now Brewing" page.

8. Click on the "My Brewery Dashboard" button at the head of the page. The completed brew will now be visible in "My Completed Views" at the bottom of the page.

NOTE - Not a particularly user friendly process but I guess it will have to do till they get more fixes/features made to the site.

Its been raised before, but who else gets pissed off when you click on a thread and it takes you to the first post, not the latest post. the old forum didnt do it and I cant think why this one should

Yes, It's a real pain.

As a web developer, I approached the developers of the forum software thet they use on this site, via their forum asking them for a solution which I planned on suggesting to this sites web guys.

Unfortunately no reply from them as yet, via their forum, which has been attacked very heavily with spam posts.

So, I guess we should be thankful that at least this forum does not suffer from such attacks, as many forums do.

I don't think it should by default go the latest post/thread page, but it should be an option, perhaps next to the thread title.

G'day Greg, I have a felling that there is more going on behind the scenes, that we the forum users are not privy to, either difficulties with the developers or lack of focus on the problems we run into as users or and I hope this is not true, design? devilbanditrightful

just what I think on the matter. wink

Cheers.

It also now seems if you click anyone's name and then show all posts' date=' it will show the posters real name. Admin's may want to fix this.[/quote']

Just for everyone's info if you do click show all post from a person, it still shows your name at the bottom... sad

• 1 month later...

Hi PB2

I can't see this is mentioned in the thread, but if a duplicate then my apologies.

If you come back and edit one of your posts, the Last Edited timestamp (at the bottom of the post) is never updated and always reads as the original posting date. Not a biggie, but thought I'd mention it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if it is a problem with my phone or whether the web-techs have been playing around with the page layouts.

Pretty much every website that makes a mobile viewing version of it, makes it compatible with both iPhone &/or Android based systems. Anyone with a Windows platform phone seems to miss out a lot of the time. I have a Windows platform mobile phone & despite never being able to login to the new Coopers website when using it (something to do with the Adobe Flash/Shockwave applets that are used), I've at least been able to view the site & "auto focus" the text columns for easier viewing. That margin width appears to have been widened, thus when attempting to auto focus, it stretches out to a very wide column leaving only very small print to read. pinched

I feel it is possibly a site related issue as I've not had any problems "auto focusing" on similar other forum sites that I visit & read from.

It only began occurring about a week ago. unsure

I hope something can be done in this area.

Cheers,

Anthony.

I realised I've never done Icelandic before. So Beerlust, here I go.

G'day losta bjór

I'm behind you on this one, though it probably affects me a lot less than many others, since if at all possible I'll use a PC/notebook keyboard (it may have been Scottie/Ben/Magna??? that rudely pointed out my fat finger handicap which means I can only mash a keypad!) On my Samsung phone (Galaxy Note 2) I can never get to the forum posts whether logged in or not - the screen doesn't scroll across or down to see any topics/posts etc etc

I know it would cost more in development fees etc, but some other websites (like Aussie Home Brewer) have a special free app for the phone and it works a treat. But, I can also navigate it without the app if needed as well.

I suppose it all comes down to priorities, the skill of the web developers, and how much money Coopers is prepared to throw at it. Maybe the owners of AHB are independantly wealthy.

Cheers

Hi Sir Les.

I realised I've never done Icelandic before. So Beerlust' date=' here I go.

G'day losta bjór

[/quote']

I tell you what, this 'Cultural Ambassador' gig has certainly given you a vast knowledge of different lingo's & languages! cool

Forgive my poor French but,...

Continuer à garder le Sir Les! biggrin

Santé,

Bièrelust.

After a "Continuer à garder", I feel I can go crazy! biggrin

I think this might have been mentioned before, but after going through the thread I could have missed it. On the login page, is it possible to get the focus automatically set to the "username" entry box? I'm a really slow learner I know, but the number of times I get that page and enter my username (email adress) thing and then hit the TAB button to put in my password and find that I didn't click the damn thing first is annoying.

I'm sure it only applies to those of us with IQ's below 50, but it's still irritating!

Cheers

Phil

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All,

I did see this raised in an earlier post, but I can't seem to be able to;

Amend a completed brew

or

Delete a "to brew".

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

SeaPea (Craig)

edit: changed "can" to "can't" - doh!

There needs to be a way to Edit both a brew or a label if a change is needed AFTER saving. My "Completed Brews" shows more brews than I have actually made so I want to delete some of them, plus some labels. How do I do that as once you've saved a brew it seems to be there for life and can't be changed.

Agreed and it has been mentioned to the geeks.

Unfortunately, completed brews can't be deleted (this has been passed to the geeks also) but labels can - go to "My Labels", click on a label and you should see options to Print, Share or Delete. smile

I want to Edit my brews and add tasting notes as the brew ages, but there is no way I can do this. I would also like to Edit some labels, but still no way. I don't want to actually delete any labels, but I do want to delete some brews that I've never made, but they show up because I was trying various ways of getting rid of them. I've only made one of the Coopers Celebration Ale, but My Completed Brews shows four, therefore I want to rid of the first three labels shown (blue).

yTyUH1G86-WApC_KewdDn6H77u3YprFPWHLaWzB4Iwtq=w388-h207-p-no

Archived