Coopers Community

New Site Feedback

PB2

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This website needs a lot of work.

- Others have mentioned "remember me button" I keep dropping out looking for things which used to be there.

- Where do you change password?

- Cant upload image to label

- I tried to start a brew and clicked "Coopers" None of the normal recipes you get with the kits come up. I wanted European Lager and Draught. Surely these should be there? Also I seem to keep going around in circles and cant save my Brew.

Hope it can be fixed soon.

Hi PB2

It would be good if forum members were able to specify their location , as in the old site,

so as everyone knows where they are writing from.

I know there are many readers from continental Europe, UK, North America, NZ as well as from all the states of Australia.

Having this knowledge would enable contributors to craft their replies by knowing where the queries originated from.

Just flicked through the posts on this thread, and agree with pretty much everything.

I'm not good at adjusting to changes, and don't like how different this forum and website is, but I understand it was overdue for an update and makeover.

I'll most likely just pop in from time to time until I feel more familiar, rather than post so often.

It's more about me than the site though, a fairly recent diagnosis of HF ASD at least explains why I now find this site problematic, along with some of the other quirks I am learning how to deal with; but this is a home brewers forum, so I won't go on about that.

Happy New Year everyone.

The site looks good. But looks are not always practical. I've had experience with web site development and have been in discussions with my company headquarters in Germany ever since they changed the company website 4 years ago....

The company website is meant to be for your customers to easily find things, not for your management to think it looks pretty.

Has a usability study been done on the site? This involves getting someone who doesn't necessarily know what your "product" is to find certain things on the site. You record how long it takes them. If it takes too long, you know there is a problem.

I spent 10 minutes trying to find the recipes section the other day. Then I went looking before and I had to remember where it was. alien

I'm sure there will be improvements as anything must start somewhere. The site had potential, and like I said earlier, it looks good.

This one is only a trifling matter. When the new site came back up, I had a good look around and one of the things that immediately caught my eye was the picture next to the Blushing Blonde recipe here.

I know you can use any berries you want, but mine looked nothing like the image provided. :)

Overall, I really like the look of the new site, but suspect there's some fine-tuning still to come.

Hey PB2, can we get the issue with peoples' real names being shown in the 'View all of so-and-so's posts' under our fellow users' profiles?

Some are probably okay with this, but I know myself and some others on the forum would prefer a wee bit of cyber-safety.

I've changed mine to something stoopid for the time being, and I suggest others suffering from web paranoia like me do the same.

Cheers!

Phil Upmybeer

I'm impressed with how quickly the IT team is getting on fixing up the issues people are reporting. Well done to the back office guys and gals!

I'm sure this one is just a typo. On the recipe page for Hefeweizen, it lists in ingredients "1 kg Wheat Malt Extract". Since Coopers only sell it in 1.5 kg cans, I suspect it should be 1.5 kg (but then again, I could well be wrong).

Cheers

Yes' date=' I miss the signature and a[b'] like[/b] button for each post would be nice :)

Please keep Facebook related jargon out of this forum. It is totally unnecessary. I can understand the need for the Brewery to involve itself in these mediums, including Facebook & Twitter etc. but this is a closed forum, & the information discussed & presented on it should not be directly linked to outside sources without the individual's permission.

The whole idea of having a personal login is to provide a level of privacy, and a level of protection for the user/member against outside sources, not to open US up to the world for comment, critique, & some of the malicious hacking & negative things that do go on over the WWW.

Just my 2 cents,

Anthony.

I don't think Muleyinoz is talking about linking it to Facebook, just having a feature where you can like a post.

At the bottom it would say "Hairy, Beerlust and Ben 10 like this post".

It is like my endorsement only I don't get paid for it.

It also now seems if you click anyone's name and then show all posts' date=' it will show the posters real name. Admin's may want to fix this.[/quote']

The site should really be taken offline until at the very least these privacy issues be addressed. I for one will be consulting my lawyers...by lawyers I mean beer...and by consulting I mean cold.

But joking aside it really is despicable that these issues are not addressed before making the site live. It really does open a privacy can of worms that I would be quite disgusted about if I wasn't on holidays and on dial up speeds.

Looks like the privacy issue has been fixed.

I for one don't really care, as I'm not listed in the phone books, no longer use Facebook (having deactivated my account and blocked it on my browser), and even if someone bothered to look me up on Twitter I follow maybe 2 people, have posted about half a dozen times, have no followers, and there is nothing interesting there, no photos of me, and no interesting personal details.

I also have a fairly common first and surname, and there are one or two more famous people that share my surname, and even both my given and surname!

Worrying about people finding out your name is one thing, but if you live your life online you should probably be equally or more concerned about what personal info you put up, such as your address, phone number, where you work, what your hobbies are (if they include group participation), and who can see it; you also have to be careful that your "friends" are really your friends, and not people looking to exploit you.

In a previous life I was a public servant, and our security section would tell us stories of people who were stalked in real life by people who had found their info on Facebook and the like; these were folks that freely shared stuff that most sensible people would keep to themselves, but of course you can't always trust websites to keep your personal stuff private; so just don't put it up for others to see!

I would generally refer to anyone I communicate with online that I haven't met, or have only met once as an online friend and a real life acquaintance, and they'd need to share equal personal info before I'd share much with them.

Better to have a few trusted friends, than to think everyone is your BFF, only to be disappointed when reality kicks in.

Obviously the site is still a bit how's your father, but so far as privacy, if you look at someone's profile, all you get is their handle and an oversized pic which blocks all their usually available info.

It could be my browser, but the only person's real name I can see is mine when I'm logged in.

The new site is more colourful and presentable, but much less functional and user friendly.

I'd go for function over looks any time, but clearly it has to be a delicate balancing act for Coopers and other commercial websites; I'd say the current one is a failure on that count.

Hi Beebs.

Go into any thread and click one of your fellow users' names above their avatar.

This will take you to the 'Member details' page. From there, click 'View all 's posts'

There you will see the user's full name (unless they have since changed it).

I understand that many of us won't mind their name being available. But some of us work in areas where we are supposed to constantly be representing our employer, and behaviour and reputation are important. Employers DO check this stuff out. I am not generally an offensive person online (not that I am offensive offline), but that doesn't mean that I want people I work for/with seeing the crap that I talk to you guys about.

Archived