Coopers Community

New Site Feedback

PB2

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I return to the forum I need to login.

I am asked for my age everytime.

A way of staying signed in would be handy.

Yes, this would be good. It would be perfect to just click on my bookmark for the forum page and I was in.

And is there a way to tell which posts are unread? Please don't tell me it is colour coded or I am stuffed (I would have inserted a smiley face here if they were working (insert winky emoticon)).

Is there a way to go to the last post in a thread? When I click on the last post thread it takes me to the start of the thread. I don't want to go through a whole thread; then in end up seeing all the crap I have posted previously (insert cringe emoticon here).

I like the avatar availability.

Hey PB2, first impressions are really good, but its a bit like getting a new girlfriend, you have to do a bit of exploring to find where all the good bits are. Hey, is there a way of showing who's online and who isnt? Its good to know when so you can bail out if ya need too (was going to put a few devils in, but emoticons are on strike)

Cheers,

Thanks Ben, Hairy and Nick - I'm just pushing them up the food-chain.

Keep ‘em coming!!

How do you feel about losing your signature block? One benefit, I guess, you don’t have to look at the BREWING TRIANGLE anymore…

Hey gang

Good to be back, took forever to find the forum. The original page I navigated to wanted me to join and wouldn't let me past that page. surfed around a bit and found a better home page with a forum link that worked. I will post the URL of the first page when I find it again. Also it looks like the forum has given me an old handle from my previous forum identity.

Hi Paul' date=' how do we access our member details to change things like pictures etc?

Forget the above.....i found it[/quote']

You need to jump out of the forum (you can open it on another tab) and go to “Coopers Club”, “My Brewery Dashboard” then click on “Edit my Profile”. Make sure to save once you have made the alts.

Scottie, assuming you are happy with your former login, you can change your alias as per the above. Oh, I see you've worked it out while I was still typing a reply with my elbows.....

Thanks Ben' date=' Hairy and Nick - I'm just pushing them up the food-chain.

Keep ‘em coming!!

How do you feel about losing your signature block? One benefit, I guess, you don’t have to look at the BREWING TRIANGLE anymore…[/quote']

Personally I don't mind the absence of signatures. Some of the really large ones were annoying but generally they were pretty good.

But some guys liked to list and link their brews so they may miss it.

As for the Brewing Triangle, that was so 2013. Time to get with present (even though it is still 2013) and modernise it. The octagon seems quite popular with the UFC crowd so you may need to come up with an extra 5 variables.

As for the Brewing Triangle' date=' that was so 2013. Time to get with present (even though it is still 2013) and modernise it. The octagon seems quite popular with the UFC crowd so you may need to come up with an extra 5 variables. [/quote'] How do you feel about moving back toward minimalism - perhaps, the "Brewing Line"??

Please don't give us a line; there are too many of us on this forum that would be tempted to cross it.

Plus a line has an ending. Perhaps a circle would be better. The cycle of beer; from brewing to drinking and then brewing again and then drinking again and then .... You get the point.

Plus I think we currently have the minimalist signature.

.... You get the point.
Ah yes, that would be a minimalist circle!!

I'm really missing emoticons...

0 0

.(.

---

Also, starting to wonder how large the "Active Discussions" can grow?? Very different to the old site...

Have moved from "wondering" to "worrying" that the "Active Discussions" might take up so much space that they push the older posts out of the bottom of my computer screen!!

This post, has reminded me that the "edit note" has been removed...there has been an original post and two edits but you wouldn't know it without me pointing out the fact.

It seems that the 'search' function actually works now. Will this change the personality of the forum. Maybe not so many noob ??? Who will Hairy chat with?

It's all good Chad. I found a friend during the downtime. It's an imaginary friend but still a friend. We have the odd argument occasionally but we are working through it.

Don't worry. Santa helps spread the home brewing word and we get a few new members after Christmas.

I figured out how to go back and add my recipes (at least for 2013). But I noticed after they are "completed" and I go back and look at the recipes, all the stuff I added to Step 1, Step 2, etc.

just show:

Brew step brew step brew step brew step brew step brew step brew step brew step brew step brew step brew step

You can't see the contents of the Steps until you select Brew Now. Only then can you see the true content of the Steps. This is also the case for the other recipes (e.g. those from Coopers Admin)

Also, it seems to drop Step 1 to the bottom in some of my recipes

How do you delete items from your "MY TO BREW LIST" in the dashboard? Whenever I click on a recipe and either hit Brew Now or Brew Later (so I can see the steps details), it adds it to MY TO BREW LIST and there doesn't appear to be a way to clear it.

(btw... that problem with the Step order from my previous post isn't limited to my recipes. I've seen it from recipes from Admin as well).

Thanks

Keep ‘em coming!!!

Now that I’ve been on the live site for a couple of days, I'm finding the text within posts to be a challenge to read.

Anyone else having this issue (I'm using Google Chrome) or is it just my old eyes?…

Oh, and Chad - your avatar is LEGEND, don't change it!!

Keep ‘em coming!!!

Now that I’ve been on the live site for a couple of days' date=' I'm finding the text within posts to be a challenge to read.

Anyone else having this issue (I'm using Google Chrome) or is it just my old eyes?…

Oh, and Chad - your avatar is LEGEND, don't change it!![/quote']

I have no problems with the text using Safari and Internet Explorer. It must be the old eyes.

And I too like Chad's avatar of the Yeti.

I agree with Chad on knowing the names of members who are online at the time. I think that is a good thing. Simply listing them at the bottom of the forum homepage when active is acceptable.

Reversing the order of replied posts when offering a new post is definitely something that needs to change.

When entering a thread, the user should arrive at the most recent post in that thread, not the first post of that thread.

Cheers,

Anthony.

Archived