Coopers Community

New Site Feedback

PB2

Lusty, your avatar is not good on the eye. Best to be honest, yeah??

When keying in a new post, I find it a bit weird that I can't see the most recent post below. Instead, I see the first post, which I'm not likely to be replying to...

Anyone else see this or is this a Google issue again?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lusty' date=' your avatar is not good on the eye. Best to be honest, yeah??

When keying in a new post, I find it a bit weird that I can't see the most recent post below. Instead, I see the first post, which I'm not likely to be replying to...

Anyone else see this or is this a Google issue again?[/quote']

I agree with both comments Paul.

I think the posting issue may be what Lusty was referring to in his previous post. Although I'm not too sure.

Yep, same as Lusty said - I can be slow on the uptake after a full day.

I'm seeing the time of posts 1/2 hour in front of my local time. Assuming the time of the forum is set to daylight savings, eastern standard time, I would like to hear what QLD and WA people are seeing.

Chad, would be interested to know what time you are seeing?

Is there only one place to log in, the club coopers page? Or am I missing something? I have only tried the site with an iPad so far, and finding it a bit clunky to post too.

I'm finding two things in the wrong order, the jump in point from the summary page and the topic review below the posting text box.

Chad' date=' would be interested to know what time you are seeing?[/quote']

At this time, Chad is probably sleeping PB2. :P

Hairy has understood my most recent post, that pretty much agrees with your thoughts too PB2.

As far as my Avatar goes, grow some brewing ball$ you guys. That pic is of Chad's "Big Island IPA" on the day I bottled it. The 3 larger floaties are my 3 dry hop tea bags, & the other noticeable floating debris is the american oak chips.

I gave samples of a very similar brew to friend co-forum members, & each gave a very positive (understated) review of the beer.

To this day, I am still constantly amazed that no other regular forum member has brewed this beer of Chad's. It's awesome!

On this one, you really are missing out guys (you included PB2!)

Cheers,

Anthony.

I was going to ask you lusty if the little floaties were wood chips, the other 3 packages seemed obvious to me. Having said that, on first look, it does appear like you might have just taken a photo post driving the porcelain bus. (Insert lol) whoa going ot now

I was going to ask you lusty if the little floaties were wood chips' date=' the other 3 packages seemed obvious to me. Having said that, on first look, it does appear like you might have just taken a photo post driving the porcelain bus. (Insert lol) whoa going ot now[/quote']

Haha PhilbyT.

I have gathered that the general view of the pic is exactly as you see it too PhilbyT. :P

Toughen up Princesses. :D

Brewing isn't for pussies!

Hahahaha!

Anthony.

Lusty' date=' your avatar is not good on the eye. Best to be honest, yeah??[/quote']

Haha!

As far as my Avatar goes' date=' grow some brewing ball$ you guys. That pic is of Chad's “Big Island IPA” on the day I bottled it. The 3 larger floaties are my 3 dry hop tea bags, & the other noticeable floating debris is the american oak chips.

To this day, I am still constantly amazed that no other regular forum member has brewed this beer of Chad's. It's awesome!

On this one, you really are missing out guys (you included PB2!)

[/quote']

Thanks for the kind word about the "Big Island". I'm also amazed that no one else has put this one down. I must say though, that maybe a picture of the finished product (in a glass)would get some of the guys a little more interested instead of the toilet bowl view.

It just took me about half an hour to find a link to the forum that actually worked, even when I went to www.coopers.com.au it didn't take me to the home page i ended up having to go to google diy beer then follow a few links and it finally worked.

one thing i do like though is that you can now upload attatchments without having to use image shack! like they say a picture is worth a thousand words

Hi PB2.

I went to the trouble earlier today to go through the "Now Brewing" procedure & documentation phase over in the "Coopers Club" tab.

I spent considerable time documenting what I did as part of the brewing procedure. After completing the brew, I went to review the recipe log I had now made by completing the brew.

Under the "Directions" tab, it certainly lists the headings I created, but the information I provided under each heading was simply replaced by the repetitive diction "brew step brew step brew step...."

I would have been really "pi$$ed" at losing all that documented information had I not backed it up in my own brewing file here at home.

Certainly something that requires fixing if it is to be a useful facet of the forum. Coincidently every Coopers brew recipe reads the same in these areas, thus anyone wanting to brew a Coopers homebrew recipe will have no instructions to follow. :(

Cheers,

Anthony.

I can't get the forum to work on my smartphone browser. Don't know if any one else is having this problem or if it's just my phone. I can get into the forum home page but when I click on a topic all I see is background. A pain because it's where I do most of my browsing from.

I'm still getting used to the site as it will only let me log in sometimes but I certainly don't think there have been any improvements on the old site (which itself was a bit worse than the one that preceded it).

I don't like the way my avatar is stretched on my posts but displays in the correct ratio at the top of my page.

I miss emoticons as my lack of comprehensible English is often saved by a quick wink, ninja or smiley.

The layout is weird and a lot of space is wasted...it looks dated like watching and old 4:3 tv show that has been pillar boxed to fit on a widescreen tv.

I wish there were PMs.

A lot of text is hard to read.

I don't like being classed as a brewginner.

It'd be great to have something iPhone or tablet friendly.

Is tapatalk access a possibility?

I'm in a pretty good mood and I would like to say something positive but really can't see any improvements.

Hi There

Just spent an hour clicking around your new site. I've found that on the very busy front page there are many many links that don't actually go anywhere or do anything.

Some useful comments above about the forums.

Not bad otherwise...

PB2...

the method of accessing the recipes now is utter crap and really not usable at all.

I looked at the Cascarillo and in order to get the actual steps you need to click "brew now" and only then do I see the hop schedule.

The fact I have to add my DOB - whether real or not everytime I log in seems pointless, especially considering you can make it up and that does not change anything.

I went to the trouble of using the "Beer Finder" search facility available with the new forum.

It currently is NOT an improvement over the information supplied by the old guild based forum search.

Home brewers need to know what products are available in the Coopers range at the stores listed. Simply stating that SOMETHING Coopers home brew related is available is a very irrelevant piece of information to most home brewers.

Home brewers need to know how much of the range & what parts of the range are available at these supporting stores, or else the "Beer Finder" really becomes something that home brewers who visit the Coopers site, will find irrelevant.

I would think this is something Coopers itself would find important enough to convey with some accuracy.

Cheers,

Anthony.

Entering your date of birth is a requirement on all brewery related websites, Little Creatures, Malt Shovel, VB, Cascade. The Coopers site just has it back to front at the moment, saying you can read all about beer but need to prove your age before you can talk about it. A remember me login feature will help the situation.

I'm sure it will be fixed when the Nerds all get back from their Xmas break.

Archived