Coopers Community

Whats in Your Fermenter - 2024?

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

Bottled my 23L brew of Coopers Brew A IPA today.  This brew had 1.5kg LDM and 25g Galaxy pellets (added in a steep at mixing time). The FG was 1011 after an OG of 1046 (got it down to this after adding 2 more litres of water), which gives me an ABV of 4.7%. The colour of the brew all along has been a very dark purply brown. I'm looking forward to tasting this brew on 30th Jan.

A Coopers Original Pale Ale will be my next brew.

Your going great guns Jenny well done

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20240117_123226.thumb.jpg.a9e35e33127db2d4978df3260734f116.jpgI just got these 2 going, Coopers Draught  & Coopers Real Ale both had 1 x BE2 & 500gm LDM.

Lalbrew American East Coast Ale Yeast for the Draught & MJ Us West Coast M44 for the Real Ale. 

Both will get 50gm of hops last 4 days of fermentation. 

I am brewing them at ambient temperatures as I can only fit the Ampi style FV's in the brew fridge.

Now preparing for the next AG brew.

Cheers. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, jennyss said:

Bottled my 23L brew of Coopers Brew A IPA today.  This brew had 1.5kg LDM and 25g Galaxy pellets (added in a steep at mixing time). The FG was 1011 after an OG of 1046 (got it down to this after adding 2 more litres of water), which gives me an ABV of 4.7%. The colour of the brew all along has been a very dark purply brown. I'm looking forward to tasting this brew on 30th Jan.

A Coopers Original Pale Ale will be my next brew.

Good Stuff Jenny, you sound like a pro now. The Brew A is a great brew, I have made it many times, tastes even better out of the keg. 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Good Stuff Jenny, you sound like a pro now. The Brew A is a great brew, I have made it many times, tastes even better out of the keg. 😉

Anyone would think you had stocks in corny kegs Classic! 😂 ever the salesman!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, NBillett09 said:

Anyone would think you had stocks in corny kegs Classic! 😂 ever the salesman!

The wanna-be influencer ! 🤣  Just wait until he starts up on how to cook a steak the way he likes it.😂😂😂

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

It was that long ago that I started brewing I remember when dextrose was the next big thing then sodium percarbonate before that it was sugar and bleach and you had to rinse rinse rinse

I remember the times we tried to brew a beer that would blow our heads off and all we achieved was exploding bottles and my bottled brew was banished to the shed until it was safe to put it in the fridge I've lost count of how many times my mates and I have been that pissed on home brew we couldn't scratch ourselves

Ahhhh the good old days

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

been that pissed on home brew we couldn't scratch ourselves

And here am I homebrewing as a health measure because my homebrew at usually about 4.8%A BV has a lot less alcohol in it than wine!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

It was that long ago that I started brewing I remember when dextrose was the next big thing then sodium percarbonate before that it was sugar and bleach and you had to rinse rinse rinse

I remember the times we tried to brew a beer that would blow our heads off and all we achieved was exploding bottles and my bottled brew was banished to the shed until it was safe to put it in the fridge I've lost count of how many times my mates and I have been that pissed on home brew we couldn't scratch ourselves

Ahhhh the good old days

Yep, I remember watching my dad & his brother making homebrew in a plastic rubbish bin, heating was an electric blanket or old quilts & cooling usually was ice, fans, wet towels or the coolest place available.

It was disgusting & also mostly very powerful due to the sugar content & whatever else they put in it, but they always had beer.

Over the years home brewing evolved & I started my own brews which I thought were pretty good but by today's standards they would have been pretty average. The thing was it was cheaper, plentiful & generally made you happy. 😜

We have come a long way & with modern brewing technology & methods we can produce a beer at home which tastes better than the mega swill in most Pubs.

The products available today for brewing, cleaning, sanitising etc. are excellent compared to the old-fashioned ideas of yester year.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, John304 said:

I think I might top him 🧔🏼

You would be Huyang then he apparently is the oldest.

The question is who would be Jabba Hutt he lived to 604years 🤣

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yep, I remember watching my dad & his brother making homebrew in a plastic rubbish bin, heating was an electric blanket or old quilts & cooling usually was ice, fans, 

Wait. What? Is this when you were a kid? You mean to say plastic and electricity were around back then?🤣

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Beerdo said:

Wait. What? Is this when you were a kid? You mean to say plastic and electricity were around back then?🤣

One day Muzzy/Malter/Beerdo we will  meet up & have an arm wrestle & see who is the oldest, if that proves too hard, we will have a beer instead. 🍺 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Pale Man said:

I'm that old, my Grandsons actually look up the Old Testament in the Bible to see my photos and storys to read up on what i did as a kid...........because Ive forgotten.

You don't have to be old to forget. Just walk into the kitchen to get something 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, RDT2 said:

You would be Huyang then he apparently is the oldest.

The question is who would be Jabba Hutt he lived to 604years 🤣

I remember Kieth Richard’s when he was young 🤪

• Haha 5