Coopers Community

Whats in Your Fermenter - 2024?

The porter is in the fridge and Notty is ripping through it. 24 hours after pitching a massive starter, it has dropped 26 points from 1.075 to 1.049. Quite impressive I must say.

image.thumb.jpeg.4fed539e84ac04c7b654f7b794deeaba.jpeg

This is the Bonzo Pils I brewed last week but kept in a cube until now. I've pitched a Diamond Lager starter and it will be fermented at 15psi at 18C. That should get it done within well less than a week, giving me a chance to step the temp down a few degrees per day and still finish within 2 weeks. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b4f978962b8e645ec5051c1ac42f426d.jpeg

• Like 7

My first 3 kegs in 1 go.  Coopers Lager X 3 plus BE2.  Keeping it simple for now.

20240428_142729.thumb.jpg.59fa398188a66d0fac9ed2aa2308ff52.jpg

I put a big blow-off on it as I double pitched and I don't trust the little bubbler. 

20240428_144910.thumb.jpg.c1b9f85c7cfdfc65d900a8d19636e99d.jpg

@ FV's of Old mates Coopers Dark Old ready to bottle tomorrow or the next day.

20240428_143425.thumb.jpg.302119d953d069ac61605e51cd3095fc.jpg

• Like 8

On 4/28/2024 at 1:35 PM, Aussiekraut said:

The porter is in the fridge and Notty is ripping through it. 24 hours after pitching a massive starter, it has dropped 26 points from 1.075 to 1.049. Quite impressive I must say.

image.thumb.jpeg.4fed539e84ac04c7b654f7b794deeaba.jpeg

This is the Bonzo Pils I brewed last week but kept in a cube until now. I've pitched a Diamond Lager starter and it will be fermented at 15psi at 18C. That should get it done within well less than a week, giving me a chance to step the temp down a few degrees per day and still finish within 2 weeks. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b4f978962b8e645ec5051c1ac42f426d.jpeg

Hi @Aussiekraut, I'm wondering why your Bonzo Pils is so 'speckly'?

Put down some keg fillers today.  I need to build up stock.

Wheaty McWheatFace

• 1.7kg Coopers Preachers Hefe Wheat
  • 1.5kg Coopers Wheat Liquid Extract
  • 670g Coopers Wheat Malt Grains
  • 500g Coopers Ale Malt Grains

Wheaty McStoutFace

• 1.7kg Coopers Stout
  • 1.5kg Coopers Wheat Liquid Extract
  • 670g Coopers Wheat Malt Grains
  • 500g Coopers Ale Malt Grains

Method

• I did a 60 minute mash with the Wheat Malt and Ale Malt grains. 
  • Boiled the resultant wort for 5 minutes to sterilise it. 
  • Then I added the 2 cans of Coopers Wheat Liquid Extract. 
  • Stirred up the whole lot in a 20 litre pot. 
  • Cooled in a bath of water in the kitchen sink (plus I had 10 litres of water already in the fridge). 
  • Then split into 2 Coopers fermenters. 
  • Added the Hefe Wheat and Stout can to their respective fermenter. 
  • Topped up each FV to 27 litres. 
  • Original Gravity of 1.046 for the Stout and 1.044 for the Wheat.  I must have mis-measured when splitting the base. 
  • For the Stout, I used 2 packets of yeast from Thomas Coopers Family Secret Amber Ale saved from a previous brewday. 
  • For the Wheat, I used a packet of Fermentis SafAle WB-06.
  • Like 11

After kegging the @Pezzza 's Philly Larger (sic) today I dropped 44 L of my new Premium Lager Recipe in on top of the trub of Dubbya, cubes were at 15.2 C and my temp control is set for 18 C.  Then immediately pressurized the 58 SS Kegmenter to 10 p.s.i with spunding valve set for 15 p.s.i.  Looking forward to drinking this one in a couple of months.

Premium Lager 08MAY2014.png

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

My Irish Stout is tucked away in the fermenter I had good signs 6 hours after pitching my brewing is not as elaborate as the booze factory but it keeps my beer supplies going

20240508_102558.jpg

Edited by Back Brewing
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Just mixed up my ROTM Coopers Botanic Ale. Just waiting for the temperature to drop to 18 degrees to pitch the yeast. As I don’t have harvested commercial yeast I will use the can yeast as well as a packet of Coopers R007 Ale yeast I found in my fridge. OG 1056.

IMG_1057.jpeg

IMG_1058.jpeg

IMG_1060.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz II said:

Just mixed up my ROTM Coopers Botanic Ale. Just waiting for the temperature to drop to 18 degrees to pitch the yeast. As I don’t have harvested commercial yeast I will use the can yeast as well as a packet of Coopers R007 Ale yeast I found in my fridge. OG 1056.

IMG_1057.jpeg

IMG_1058.jpeg

IMG_1060.jpeg

This will probably be my next brew, haven't done a kit and bits and pieces for awhile. I may make a modification or 2 from the original recipe. I will replace the LDME with liquid malt extract, add some mashed Carapils and retain the BE3. My Juniper berries arrived today and so I am just waiting for the other ingredients from Cooper's to be delivered.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz II said:

What a pity you did not live closer @Brauhaus Fritz II , I could have supplied you with some freshly spun up CCA yeast.  A while back you were after some Irish Ales yeast, well I could have given you some fresh spun up of that too.  I have a good selection of viable yeasts to use in overbuild starters.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On the right is my Coopers Australian Pale Ale at day 6. Very basic with BE2 added but no LDM. I will add 25g of Centennial hops on day 8. On the left is my husband's Coopers Lager at day 4; also with BE2 only added. They will probably both get bottled this Thursday.  I'll test the SG's, but they should both be fermented by then.

PS. The torch is so I can check the babies in the middle of the night! They have been enjoying a constant 20deg.

20240512_063843[1].jpg

Edited by jennyss
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

I love a lager but I now remember why I don't make them often. They take so long. Zzzzzzzz...

This Cooper's APA with Galaxy hops and Morgan's European lager yeast has been fermenting for 12 days and while the SG is steadily coming down it looks a good week away from clearing up adequately. Sample taste gets a thumbs up. It'll be a nice beer but it's going to test my patience waiting for it.

IMG20240512091148.jpg

• Like 6