Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2024?

1 hour ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

Kegland Pilsner FWK 6 weeks in the keg not a bad drop. Have another one 3 weeks in keg. 

Done another today added a 50 gram cascade hop tea for flavour.

20240524_165240.jpg

Looks really good fella. Dont you love that fluffy storm cloud head on a good beer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ROTM Coopers Botanic Ale. Bottled a few Grolsch bottles. Only a week old, but it is already nice to drink. Great head and mouthfeel for an extract brew. Does it taste like the real thing? Not at all. Maybe it’s getting closer with age. It’s a nice beer so, and the original is a masterpiece 

IMG_1164.png

IMG_1165.png

• Like 9

Neipa/Hazy with 290g of hops! Citra Nelson late and dry hopped with centennial, nelson and citra! This is a good beer after 1 1/2 months in the keg. No signs of oxidation and it was a normal ferment (non pressure ferment). I am careful with no splashing etc so pretty happy with the result it had a kg of oats in the grist! I used the white labs coastal haze yeast which i have harvested 3rd generation otto technique!

IMG_7229.jpeg

• Like 11

As the Stout in the keg is getting low, I thought I would open one of the bottles from the same batch.

Wow, talk about carbonation, this is 4 weeks to the day in the bottle, so there is no way I am going to try & age these otherwise I risk bottle bombs.

Strange thing I only used 1 x tsp (4.1gms) of sugar in a 500ml bottle, the result is a truly enjoyable Stout.

20240528_155026.jpg

20240528_155530.jpg

• Like 8

23 hours ago, ben 10 said:

(Pale+Carapils+Cluster)

I'd like to try that - sounds really good BT 👍

Pretty cool you are back bottling Mate - and the Biers look just byordiful 🥳

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

I'd like to try that - sounds really good BT 👍

It is very very good actually. And I am enjoying the bottles. I need to walk to the shed to get some and it keeps raining so it doesn't happen too often

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Centennial Pale Ale. It initially displayed some rather harsh hop bitterness but it has settled now and the fruity flavours of the Centennial hops come out a lot more. Quite tasty with a malty backbone and a healthy dose of bitterness. The grist was mainly the HoppyDaysSuoerBkend made by Voyager with a small amount of Caramunivh II for a little colour and a tad of sweetness.

IMG_0248.thumb.jpeg.f0e96599b1ce491dd4b356b4b97ae14a.jpeg

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Fedaykin409 said:

My botanic rotm. 

....I like it. 😉

The juniper berries came through a little bit strong than I thought they would.

PXL_20240528_074611855.jpg

Looks nice and clear.  Did you add finings or anything special?

14 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Looks nice and clear.  Did you add finings or anything special?

No, just made as per instructions. I am using puratap though. And it's a rather slow tap to get to 23L.

I don't use finings.

I can't think of anything specific that would help create the clearish beers I seem to be getting. 

• Like 1