Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

This is a FWK from All Inn Brewing, Blind Axeman Amber ale. I have fermented 2 FWK's recently and with this one I had some problems transferring it to the keg, nothing to do with the brew but it went into a recently overhauled keg and for some reason it was very slow to transfer and I could not get the last of the brew from the FV to transfer. Although I had a transfer problem with that keg, I am happy to say that it is dispensing beer well 😁😁.

Only 4 days in the keg and it could probably do with some more conditioning, but still a nice beer.

aap1.jpg

• Like 9

My VB (left) v Real VB  (right) for starters mine was darker which I didn’t realise how light VB was, always thought it was slightly darker. But that’s easy fixed, would lose the carafa. Next aroma, VB had that lager smell (maybe) which mine didn’t initially until it warmed up as the VB had come home from the bottle shop and I used a German lager yeast. Mine also had more flavour and slightly more bitter. If I was a VB drinker I would be happy with my beer I know someone who drinks VB so I might try them with it🤣.

It’s not the same but it’s definitely has a VB taste about it! My neighbour shared also hence not a full commercial VB glass and I wasn’t buying two cans of it🤣

IMG_6182.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RDT2 said:

My VB (left) v Real VB  (right) for starters mine was darker which I didn’t realise how light VB was, always thought it was slightly darker. But that’s easy fixed, would lose the carafa. Next aroma, VB had that lager smell (maybe) which mine didn’t initially until it warmed up as the VB had come home from the bottle shop and I used a German lager yeast. Mine also had more flavour and slightly more bitter. If I was a VB drinker I would be happy with my beer I know someone who drinks VB so I might try them with it🤣.

It’s not the same but it’s definitely has a VB taste about it! My neighbour shared also hence not a full commercial VB glass and I wasn’t buying two cans of it🤣

IMG_6182.jpeg

Lovely beer. Lovely glasses. A+ for effort and presentation. Go to the top of the class my man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Lovely beer. Lovely glasses. A+ for effort and presentation. Go to the top of the class my man.

Cheers mate yeah pretty happy with the glasses got half a dozen for 5bucks off marketplace.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Day 5 in the keg for the Coopers Real Ale, first try, a good body with a malty backbone, nicely carbed & there is a crisp bitter finish rounded with the POR hops added 4 days before kegging x 50gms.

This is a good all-rounder & should suit most palates.

20230825_144749.thumb.jpg.e72546988514280204e1471a55e2c0ad.jpg

Love the colour too @Classic Brewing Co

• Like 1

Great minds @DavidM

My Nut Brown Ale (with 500gms of crystal malt) currently fermenting at 19.5 degrees C, is ~3 days away from cold crashing and then into the kegs for about a week - can hardly wait now after seeing your post. 
Num, num, num 😋😋

IMG_2854.thumb.jpeg.0116fd8587e6fcbadb19563ad5b2515a.jpeg

If ya partial to a brown ale, I have just finished drinking a Swooping Season Brown Ale, and gotta say that was yum as well (as was the brown previous to that the ‘Ol Brown Dog ) 👏🍺🍺🍺🍺

Happy slurpin 😉

Cheers

Vince 😎🍺🍺

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Day 5 in the keg for the Coopers Real Ale, first try, a good body with a malty backbone, nicely carbed & there is a crisp bitter finish rounded with the POR hops added 4 days before kegging x 50gms.

This is a good all-rounder & should suit most palates.

20230825_144749.thumb.jpg.e72546988514280204e1471a55e2c0ad.jpg

Lovely Jubbly.

• Like 1