Coopers Community

All Grain for beginners

ozdevil

15 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

oop's I can see I said fermenter, I meant Cube, I have got the hoses as well so all is good. 

All good mate.

The shelf I built in my fridge is perfect height for the cube to lay over and decant into my fermenter. 
‘I have a 520L all fridge so I built the shelf so I can fit 2 fermenters in at once. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red devil 44 said:

All good mate.

The shelf I built in my fridge is perfect height for the cube to lay over and decant into my fermenter. 
‘I have a 520L all fridge so I built the shelf so I can fit 2 fermenters in at once. 

I have an old Westinghouse 410l from 1990 I use for the fermenting fridge but it has a freezer on the bottom which means only 1 FV fits, not much I can do about the freezer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have an old Westinghouse 410l from 1990 I use for the fermenting fridge but it has a freezer on the bottom which means only 1 FV fits, not much I can do about the freezer.

Those older fridges are the best mate, practically go forever.

‘I had an old Kelvinator circa 1960,s up until a few yrs ago ( hand me down from Grandparents ) couldn’t stop that thing, needed 10 blokes to move the b#stard though, heavy as 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Those older fridges are the best mate, practically go forever.

‘I had an old Kelvinator circa 1960,s up until a few yrs ago ( hand me down from Grandparents ) couldn’t stop that thing, needed 10 blokes to move the b#stard though, heavy as 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah I know even this one is a pain, one day it might get converted to hold kegs but I wouldn't try it by myself. 😬

20220404_154934.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah I know even this one is a pain, one day it might get converted to hold kegs but I wouldn't try it by myself. 😬

20220404_154934.jpg

When the time comes I can assist with that mate, you don’t have to be a tradie, if you don’t have 2 left hands you could convert it, Kegland even sell kits to do it now. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Red devil 44 said:

When the time comes I can assist with that mate, you don’t have to be a tradie, if you don’t have 2 left hands you could convert it, Kegland even sell kits to do it now. 

That's very kind of you mate, it could be a big investment as I don't even have a drill - what does a salesman do with a drill 🤭 but seriously my neighbour/drinking buddy is hands on & fully equipped, he would also help me. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

That's very kind of you mate, it could be a big investment as I don't even have a drill - what does a salesman do with a drill 🤭 but seriously my neighbour/drinking buddy is hands on & fully equipped, he would also help me. Cheers.

Sounds like the plan mate, will work for free beer tell him 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

I just got a delivery from Keg Land, the 20l No Chill Cube with tap in the cap & a pair of brewing gloves, Now I wait for the delivery from Beer Belly with the Sparkling Ale ingredients kindly suggested & designed by the legendary @Itinerant Peasant

The guy that delivered my BrewZilla & other packages from KL is the same delivery guy, he conned me for a Longneck of beer, I gave him a Real Ale to try.

20220407_161119.thumb.jpg.8a019ed75788799b3cdbf61675bbc40f.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am convinced this is the way to go, bugger the water wastage & mucking around with the other.

Mate, I'll drop in one day and run you through the no-chill proccess.

So happy you have got a new done in your brewzilla

Keep brewing, kids to be put down now

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Marksmans Gift said:

Mate, I'll drop in one day and run you through the no-chill proccess.

So happy you have got a new done in your brewzilla

Keep brewing, kids to be put down now

Hey Mate, hurry up & get here I will shout you a beer or 5. 🤣 Good to hear from you mate, Cheers.

• Haha 2

OK here is my bits for AG #2 on the weekend, This is with the help of  @Itinerant Peasant for a Sparkling Ale, I am looking forward to putting it together.

Also a few bits from the LBHS at Lobethal today.

East Kent Goldings Hops Pellets 100gm

EKG100

Pride of Ringwood Hops Pellets 100gm

POR100ELL

Joe White Wheat Malt 2.3 °EBC

BBWHEAT

Weyermann® Carapils Malt 6°EBC

WEYCARAPILS

Coopers Pilsner/Pale Malt

COOPPIL

LalBrew® Nottingham High Performance Ale Yeast 11gm

NOTTINGHAM

20220408_161933.jpg

20220408_162008.jpg

• Like 8

OK here is my bits for AG #2 on the weekend, This is with the help of  @Itinerant Peasant for a Sparkling Ale, I am looking forward to putting it together.

Also a few bits from the LBHS at Lobethal today.

East Kent Goldings Hops Pellets 100gm

EKG100

Pride of Ringwood Hops Pellets 100gm

POR100ELL

Joe White Wheat Malt 2.3 °EBC

BBWHEAT

Weyermann® Carapils Malt 6°EBC

WEYCARAPILS

Coopers Pilsner/Pale Malt

COOPPIL

LalBrew® Nottingham High Performance Ale Yeast 11gm

NOTTINGHAM

20220408_161933.jpg

20220408_162008.jpg

Looks the goods @Classic Brewing Co, best of luck with the second AG mate, takes a few brews to work out the kinks and what works best for you. 🍻🍻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

GRAIN STORAGE

I have seen posts from some members showing various methods of storing grain & was wondering what else some of you might be using, I am aware of the food grade buckets you would see in restaurants/cafes etc but ATM Woolworths have these 40l Sistema Tubs for 1/2 price $12, they are very strong & have a tight seal, I was thinking about a couple more but as @Itinerant Peasantpointed out if you are not milling your own grain, you won't need many, this one has 5kg in it & still room for another, also the Pail FV holds a bit too.

Given the cost of a decent Grain Mill & the fact that LBHS don't charge for milling (I think KL charge $2) I am undecided, can anyone recommend a decent grain mill.

Cheers

Phil

20220409_133018.jpg

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

GRAIN STORAGE

I have seen posts from some members showing various methods of storing grain & was wondering what else some of you might be using, I am aware of the food grade buckets you would see in restaurants/cafes etc but ATM Woolworths have these 40l Sistema Tubs for 1/2 price $12, they are very strong & have a tight seal, I was thinking about a couple more but as @Itinerant Peasantpointed out if you are not milling your own grain, you won't need many, this one has 5kg in it & still room for another, also the Pail FV holds a bit too.

Given the cost of a decent Grain Mill & the fact that LBHS don't charge for milling (I think KL charge $2) I am undecided, can anyone recommend a decent grain mill.

Cheers

Phil

20220409_133018.jpg

6EC3504A-4633-4515-8D1D-0D5FC1CCA92E.thumb.jpeg.2f91a4e60f043d2d4288c385b24a75cb.jpeg

Hey @Classic Brewing CoI have the Grainfather electric grain mill and can highly recommend it.

• Like 2

GRAIN STORAGE

Cheers

Phil

20220409_133018.jpg

I use containers like that for wheat, Vienna, Pilsener, etc. specialty malts are vacuum sealed and just sit in open containers. For the base malts, I use two 35l pails from Bunnings and if they’re not quite empty yet, I just keep it in the sacks they came in.

48D5286E-0CFB-48CE-ADEE-2CB029A678BE.thumb.jpeg.dd98879f0256c538b64bc415c4acd094.jpeg81453A94-4BBC-4061-9CCF-A8881061A1A3.thumb.jpeg.21bb62a59f6f48374fb9328eb2f999cf.jpeg6AFFC56E-7CD0-4DE2-A32B-A35B21DCF369.thumb.jpeg.ebcf851274a87320a1017801d66b3ac3.jpeg

• Like 8