Coopers Community

All Grain for beginners

ozdevil

Gday all

I thought this was appropiate  considering we have some newbies to A.G and people who are  thinking of coming from extract to all grain

Ask your questions here,  ask how do we set it up here   etc

this  is  for brewers wanting to get to the next level from extract to all grain   wether biab or all in one vessels or 3vessel  system

the only stupid question is the one you dont ask

I am certain those doing all grain will jump in and help you  with there knowledge   

cheers 
OZ

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Gday all

I thought this was appropiate  considering we have some newbies to A.G and people who are  thinking of coming from extract to all grain

Ask your questions here,  ask how do we set it up here   etc

this  is  for brewers wanting to get to the next level from extract to all grain   wether biab or all in one vessels or 3vessel  system

the only stupid question is the one you dont ask

I am certain those doing all grain will jump in and help you  with there knowledge   

cheers 
OZ

Well done OD apparently I should have done this myself so Cheers, we don't want to clog the freeway do we 😀

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Bugger, I might see if they will take mine back & send me that one but I don't want to spend another $200 🤣

I'm still stuck on the Gen 1 Robobrew. Might be upgrade time soon and use the current one for sparge water. The control remotely looks nice. I have to stop what I am doing and change it manually which is a pain sometimes.

• Like 2

Just now, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

I'm still stuck on the Gen 1 Robobrew. Might be upgrade time soon and use the current one for sparge water. The control remotely looks nice. I have to stop what I am doing and change it manually which is a pain sometimes.

Yeah I had seen them on the website but I figured $400 was OK as I have never done AG so their wasn't much point going overboard, I am sure this one will work perfectly - I will find out in the next 24 hours. 🤔

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Ok, KL Site said it was yesterday 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

E2682D9F-BC44-416D-9233-64381311A958.jpeg

It not in stock I have been on refresh button past 2 days to score 1

They are finalising the firmware before releasing for sale 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah I had seen them on the website but I figured $400 was OK as I have never done AG so their wasn't much point going overboard, I am sure this one will work perfectly - I will find out in the next 24 hours. 🤔

It will make the same and same amount of beer 🍻 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

It will make the same and same amount of beer 🍻 

Not really  right  you will get  a bit more wort from  it  as well as bigger  beers if that's your  thing andwill hold more grain in  the mash tun

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah I'm sure it won't make better beer than my Gen 1 Robo but will be a lot more convenient to use. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Not really  right  you will get  a bit more wort from  it  as well as bigger  beers if that's your  thing andwill hold more grain in  the mash tun

Stand corrected then 🤣 

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly Brew Day got put on hold today, I was just about to heat the sparge water & I got a call from my old (grumpy) mate to take him shopping & to the Chemist so the round trip earns me $50 he insists on paying but that's OK, it would cost him much more in a Taxi - he won't use Uber !!

He is so slow & half deaf so it takes him a while to get organised. 🙄

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Sadly Brew Day got put on hold today, I was just about to heat the sparge water & I got a call from my old (grumpy) mate

It’s been a big build up! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes I agree it is, not intentional I can assure you but I am trying to move forward.

Just joking mate won’t be long and you will be smashing out delicious ag brews 🍻

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

OK guys - Maiden Voyage underway, sparge water close to temp, just heating strike water to 68c, chiller thing'o ready, so here goes.

20220330_115448.jpg

20220330_120406.jpg

20220330_120525.jpg

what temp you mashing in @    or you going to mash at 68°

when you start mash in  turn the 1900w element off and 500w element stays on as that will be enough to hold your temp during the mash

and good luck with your 1st Ag   ,  just take your time and enjoy   , you will have made beer at the end and enjoy a beer or 2 after clean up

Edited by ozdevil
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

what temp you mashing in @    or you going to mash at 68°

when you start mash in  turn the 1900w element off and 500w element stays on as that will be enough to hold your temp during the mash

and good luck with your 1st Ag   ,  just take your time and enjoy   , you will have made beer at the end and enjoy a beer or 2 after clean up

Edited just now by ozdevil

Cheers, recipe says 75c

• Like 1