Coopers Community

Coopers on special at Woolies

spuddox

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Jim said:

I love Daffy.   I did get a reply to mine and fairly promptly too back on 13/10/21.  Here it is...

Dear James, 

Thank you for contacting Woolworths regarding the availability of the Coopers brew in our stores.

It is always a nice to hear from our customers about the products they would like to see on our shelves. We endeavour to provide our shoppers with a variety of quality products and services across our stores, and regularly review the needs and wants of the communities across Australia. 

Unfortunately those products are End of stock. Space restrictions and the buying attitudes of our customers sometimes means that not all products are available in our stores. 

Please be assured that your request has been brought to the attention of the relevant team for their consideration. 

James, we listen and learn at Woolworths. You may be selected to receive a survey within 24 hours to provide feedback on the service you have received from myself. Please be assured that this is an optional survey and we welcome your honest feedback.

Kind regards

Lee

I am kind of encouraged that they haven't replied to you.  Maybe this has become a problem for them.  Maybe the relevant team is considering it.

Maybe I am an optimist.

Maybe the chain of command is very, very long - that is a political type reply full of nothing but words & no genuine answer.  Anyway we tried. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Thirsty Jim said:

I think they are essentially saying " We aren't going stock it because not enough people are buying it and we want the shelf space to flog on trend zero alcohol beer shaped objects instead"

Have you noticed how full those shelves of on trend zero alcohol beer shaped objects are?  At least the shelves of Coopers products turned over.  That's what I told Woolies anyway.

• Like 6

My local Woolworths in Melton Vic still has the dark and real ale on special but everything else is normal price and still fully stocked up with pale ale and lager and draught etc..so it doesn't seem like they're going to stop selling it anytime soon

Interesting.  Maybe in comes down to the individual store and the local demand.  Real and Dark appear to be history at Woolworths across the board but my store has totally cleared all home brew related goods apart from bottle caps.   The market on the peninsula will be very different from the market in Melton though. 

But I would have thought that their on line store would continue to stock home brew if they were still selling it in the shops but when you go there -

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/browse/liquor/beer/home-brew

all they are selling is bottle caps.  ☹️

20 hours ago, spuddox said:

so it doesn't seem like they're going to stop selling it anytime soon

My local Woolworths has just moved the Coopers products and their own extract from the bottom shelf to the one at eye level. No more getting down on your hands an knees to see if there is anything hiding at the back of the shelf!

An eye level shelf position is very good for sales and is much sought after by manufacturers and wholesalers.

i wonder if it's to stay in competition with Big w and Dan Murphys that some stores seem to still be selling it cause they're all within walking distance of each other at one complex in Melton so i think it probably does depend on which store has the demand for it but like every single other thing in this world it will be about profit somehow in the end

15 hours ago, Thirsty Jim said:

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/browse/liquor/beer/home-brew

all they are selling is bottle caps.  ☹️

they would have different locations to ship stuff from in the online store. when I click on the link I still get brew cans and the real and dark ales aren't even reduced. The only stuff that is out of stock for me is the woolies cans, which is annoying as I want to grab some of the woolies draught.

10 hours ago, spuddox said:

Dan Murphys

I've only got one dans near me and like all the woolies nearby theres no homebrew instore. i know there are people around who homebrew as theres a home brew club that meets at the local mini brewery once a month, and we do have a local home brew store.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pickles Jones said:

My local Woolworths has just moved the Coopers products and their own extract from the bottom shelf to the one at eye level. No more getting down on your hands an knees to see if there is anything hiding at the back of the shelf!

An eye level shelf position is very good for sales and is much sought after by manufacturers and wholesalers.

Thinking about it, I think they've moved the homebrew stuff up a shelf at my local woolies too.
I only glance at it as I walk past though.

I'm lucky that the health food shop next door to Woolies has an extremely good stock of Coopers & other brands.
Good prices too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Graculus said:

Thinking about it, I think they've moved the homebrew stuff up a shelf at my local woolies too.
I only glance at it as I walk past though.

I'm lucky that the health food shop next door to Woolies has an extremely good stock of Coopers & other brands.
Good prices too.

Good to see the Health Food shop stocks DIY products, that means they know as we do "Beer is good for you!!"

• Haha 4

Good call @terminal2k.  When I enter different stores I get different results.  My local only has bottle caps though.  

I am over it.  I have been doing my sums and I am altogether better off buying directly from Cooper's online store at 5 or 6 cans at a time than driving all over the country side looking for an over the counter retailer who stocks it.  

In fact I haven't been happy with my grocery bill since moving down here and I have to come back to Melbourne a couple of times a week so I will give Woolworths the flick and do my shopping then.  

Edited by Thirsty Jim
error
  • Like 4

On 11/7/2021 at 8:11 PM, spuddox said:

My local Woolworths in Melton Vic still has the dark and real ale on special but everything else is normal price and still fully stocked up with pale ale and lager and draught etc..so it doesn't seem like they're going to stop selling it anytime soon

My missus just came home with the last can of Dark Ale from Woolies Woodgrove in Melton for $5.35 only problem is it has an expiry date of 3-3-19

Oh well, judging from some videos I've seen old kits can still work ok and with it being a dark ale and the can has no swelling or dents I'm willing to give it a shot, I'll definitely yeet the old yeast and use some fresh stuff.

@spuddox Were your cans from Woolies in Melton still in date?

1 hour ago, Frosty Chop said:

My missus just came home with the last can of Dark Ale from Woolies Woodgrove in Melton for $5.35 only problem is it has an expiry date of 3-3-19

Oh well, judging from some videos I've seen old kits can still work ok and with it being a dark ale and the can has no swelling or dents I'm willing to give it a shot, I'll definitely yeet the old yeast and use some fresh stuff.

@spuddox Were your cans from Woolies in Melton still in date?

With fresh yeast all should be good.  It's most likely been sitting on the shelf in the air-conditioned store for three years.

"My missus" - Somebody's blood is worth bottling.  She's a keeper. 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

With fresh yeast all should be good.  It's most likely been sitting on the shelf in the air-conditioned store for three years.

"My missus" - Somebody's blood is worth bottling.  She's a keeper. 😁

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

She is indeed, the only problem is she's German and likes to drink my beer 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

@Frosty Chop & @DavidM, a wives that drink your beer.  Now you are just showing off.  It must make those, "I think I need another fermenting fridge" conversations easy.😁

Well I don't want to sound like I'm bragging about her, but she has been looking on gumtree for another fermenting fridge since my last fridge died. 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

@Frosty Chop & @DavidM, a wives that drink your beer.  Now you are just showing off.  It must make those, "I think I need another fermenting fridge" conversations easy.😁

I tried for years to get SWMBO to drink beer at pubs etc - because it would ahve been cheaper that what she did drink.

Then I start home brew and suddenly she likes beer! 😄 (but she has contributed to the costs 😄 )

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 3:47 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

that is a political type reply full of nothing but words & no genuine answer. 

Oh mate, you would love the one I received from the Commissioner where I work.
If I had it here I'd send it to you, it is amazing how these, umm, people, can write so much and still not even come close to answering anything

44 minutes ago, disgruntled said:

Oh mate, you would love the one I received from the Commissioner where I work.
If I had it here I'd send it to you, it is amazing how these, umm, people, can write so much and still not even come close to answering anything

I did computer work for the Victorian Public Service - a couple of different guys kept the 'Yes Minister' book on their shelf so they could use it to answer queries. 😄 If you've ever heard Sir Humphrey, you will recognise the epitome of verbiosity with zero content.

• Like 1