Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

53 minutes ago, stquinto said:

@Classic Brewing Co happy birthday mate! Hope you had a good one 👍👍👍

Thank you mate, I really appreciate it. it was really a whiz bang experience to find out that a lot of mates really care & take the time to want to wish you well & spend some time with you. I have been blessed over the years with having lot's of faithful friends whom I am so proud to call them mates.

Cheers Phil.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Festive Spicy Vegetarian Curry:  My (last of the garden) Zooks and Tomatoes, then onion, carrot, groundnut, chickpeas, curry fest of multitudinous origins plus fresh chillies and then served with fresh Springers and a blob of Sour Cream.... not too bad for dirty old vegetarian : )

IP stop it that is too healthy & looks great, well done mate, I can see the goodness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Thank you mate, I really appreciate it. it was really a whiz bang experience to find out that a lot of mates really care & take the time to want to wish you well & spend some time with you. I have been blessed over the years with having lot's of faithful friends whom I am so proud to call them mates.

Cheers Phil.

Well spoken mate 👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Festive Spicy Vegetarian Curry:  My (last of the garden) Zooks and Tomatoes, then onion, carrot, groundnut, chickpeas, curry fest of multitudinous origins plus fresh chillies and then served with fresh Springers and a blob of Sour Cream.... not too bad for dirty old vegetarian : )

image.thumb.png.16e0cbbc8458d6f2bcd346763a37d8a9.png

@Itinerant Peasant mate, you’re gunna have to start a new thread of “what ya should be eating” rather than post to this  “this sh*t is great but it’s gunna kill ya” thread 🤣

Seriously, looks the biz. 

Curry for me tonight - here’s my 5 hour dahl bubbling away

F694DD38-EDE4-4D57-8968-09FFBAFED233.jpeg

• Like 2

On 3/19/2022 at 8:48 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

OK when you have been at the pub knocking back $5.50 Pints of Coopers Pale Ale ( SA pints ) for 3 hours for birthday celebrations  it is always easier to knock up something simple for dinner, I had some left over roast chook, a pkt of Dutch Curry & Rice soup, sauted a bit of onion/carrot/potato/chilli & added a pkt of Hokkien Noodles you have a meal, bloody hot too. It doesn't look much but it is really good.

I even managed to bottle the English Bitter.

20220319_192801.thumb.jpg.eca11dd65085b7100ad7f1520640736f.jpg

After 3 or so hours at the Pub I hope someone breath tested you Classic before you got on the tools bottling the English bitter mate, we wouldn't want any accidents. Grub looks the goods mate - beautiful work.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, stquinto said:

@Classic Brewing Co happy birthday mate! Hope you had a good one 👍👍👍

Happy Birthday Phil, hope the day was a ripper mate. $5.50 Pints and 3 or more hours at the Pub would ensure that I'm guessing. But what really does the trick is being surrounded by your best mates at a pub  who care about you.  Good onya mate.

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Mickep said:

Happy Birthday Phil, hope the day was a ripper mate. $5.50 Pints and 3 or more hours at the Pub would ensure that I'm guessing. But what really does the trick is being surrounded by your best mates at a pub  who care about you.  Good onya mate.

Cheers Mate it was a good day & then the neighbours came over armed with grog ( just what I needed ) but then that's what birthday's are all about.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mickep said:

After 3 or so hours at the Pub I hope someone breath tested you Classic before you got on the tools bottling the English bitter mate, we wouldn't want any accidents. Grub looks the goods mate - beautiful work.

Surprisingly the bottling went smoothly as I had prepared everything before I left, bottles all cleaned & lined up etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mickep said:

Wow Sainter - look at you - fancy pants! Beautiful presentation mate. It looks delicious. Loveyawork Brother Sainter.

Cheers Mick mate ! I'm quite partial to a curry, and as the lady wife is a veggie who eats a bit of chicken we eat quite a bit of Indian, as well as Italian, as there are a lot of veggie options. Visually though curry can be a bit "beige". So this time I varied the sides: mixed greens, dahl, and butter chicken. It might be a bit poncey but the pomegranite seeds work quite well on the chicken, as do the ginger matchsticks. The samosa and onion bhaji were shop bought : life is a bit too short to be messing around with that stuff but I might try one day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Who doesn't like spicy chicken wings, these were marinated with smoked applewood & maple with a bit of chilli, not too bad, just the ticket when you wake a bit sluggish after a weekend of birthday celebrations & you get left overs for tomorrow. 

20220321_183833.thumb.jpg.94e1c095662efa87fedeee9009dfadd6.jpg20220321_192315.thumb.jpg.59924d519af37c787b5ce3395b6d98fe.jpg20220321_193552.thumb.jpg.7a42c7adf07e70c781e10124f0edfc45.jpg

Yum yum Phil ! Oven or barbie ?

• Like 2

On 3/21/2022 at 8:25 AM, Mickep said:

Wow Sainter - look at you - fancy pants! Beautiful presentation mate. It looks delicious. Loveyawork Brother Sainter.

On 3/21/2022 at 7:06 AM, stquinto said:

Sunday night curry…

Wowowowowow @stquinto just beeeeeyoooooodiful Sainter...  yumbo scrumbo!

Am with @Mickep MEP on this one... very very nice indeed and something to think about into the future...

Getting a bit more festivity into the Vegetarian grub and get a nice experience that way and one yer wanna come back to...

Don't think that the Servo on the Highway 5km away sells the samosa and onion bhaji accoutrements tho... nor the shops 50km away and am not going to Sydney as the trafffic is shitttt and the Tolls way too high... let alone the stupid fuel prices atm.

So will hafta find some other nice ways of bringing in the festivity to the vegetarian feasting : )

16 hours ago, stquinto said:

samosa and onion bhaji were shop bought

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

just the ticket

Very nice @Classic Brewing Co Phil mate - very nice indeed!

And yeah I need to get a bit more of a Greek Salad going myself...  mate what were the beaut Purple Leaves - some sort of festive purple Bas from the CBC Herb Gardens?  ; )

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 2

Not particularly outstanding by any means.... but there is something special here that requires mention in dispatches 😆

A mate I gave some Zookas too and some Redleg Spinach Beet... of Korean extraction...  I got a bit of Kimchi that I had requested - in return... was blaaardy beautiful - esp the festive green fella that was long fermented and full of Chilli... was v taschty ; )

Yeah and some lovely raw pork Hackepeter that some of us (including the Bavarian Brewer @Aussiekraut) know is a beautiful thing haha... note here I did a rapid and poor job of dicing the onion - it really should be diced up very finely... was in a hurry and yeah shoulda woulda coulda done a lot better.... it has been noted on the CIP list of things to do : )

As for the Kimchi haha - no Continuous Improvement Program required there... mmm other than I guess learning how to make it myself... mmm see how we go ; )

image.thumb.png.88d29121632a8ee4bc936531a5c68572.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Very nice @Classic Brewing Co Phil mate - very nice indeed!

And yeah I need to get a bit more of a Greek Salad going myself...  mate what were the beaut Purple Leaves - some sort of festive purple Bas from the CBC Herb Gardens?  ; )

Yes mate it is Purple Basil, I have some in a tub, there it is still in the punnet  as I bought it, it's in a tub now going well, just snip off bits when you need it.

2145078266_Chili3jpg.thumb.jpg.a212f6107859f5d8d0435e902c2593af.jpg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes mate it is Purple Basil, I have some in a tub, there it is still in the punnet as I bought it, as you can see now going well, just snip off bits when you need it.

Here it is & the Thyme is doing well too. 

20220322_155303.jpg

20220322_155353.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, stquinto said:

Followed by Bambi’s dad, cooked in an oil fondue

Vin Rouge with Bambi's ol' man @stquinto Sainter?

Nice to have the pickle-y things and the dipper sauces...

And of course the ubiquitous Pommes Frites? 🥳

It probs does not fit quite with my current program but Pommes und Mayo can be a beautiful thing haha! 😆

And agree with @kmar92 KMar that the scenery is sennnnnsational... 👍

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Haha 2