Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

9 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

I guess that's one way to keep the b*stards out of the vegie patch. 🤮🤣

I am sure they are a delicacy in France & surrounds but I am afraid I cannot come at them, Years ago I was talked into to eating one at La Guillotine Restaurant in the City & I am still trying to get the taste out of my mouth 😬

• Haha 3

Tonight I felt lazy after a busy day at Classic Brewing Co so I thought Pie Floaters, yes Muzzy I know the pie should be upside down but the pie had such a lovely crust, Mr Cowley may not be impressed to my modifications to his famous recipe but this is my twist with cracked pepper, chilli, parsley & mint, awesome & I ate two of them & I should have wiped the plate before the photo. 

20220323_193528.thumb.jpg.b37061e0c2d40aad2784d7cc86f2c01f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 3/22/2022 at 2:29 AM, Itinerant Peasant said:

Not particularly outstanding by any means.... but there is something special here that requires mention in dispatches 😆

A mate I gave some Zookas too and some Redleg Spinach Beet... of Korean extraction...  I got a bit of Kimchi that I had requested - in return... was blaaardy beautiful - esp the festive green fella that was long fermented and full of Chilli... was v taschty ; )

Yeah and some lovely raw pork Hackepeter that some of us (including the Bavarian Brewer @Aussiekraut) know is a beautiful thing haha... note here I did a rapid and poor job of dicing the onion - it really should be diced up very finely... was in a hurry and yeah shoulda woulda coulda done a lot better.... it has been noted on the CIP list of things to do : )

As for the Kimchi haha - no Continuous Improvement Program required there... mmm other than I guess learning how to make it myself... mmm see how we go ; )

image.thumb.png.88d29121632a8ee4bc936531a5c68572.png

Looking good IP ! I should try the minced pork some time. We get tartar steak, which can be beef or often horse, but not the pork. 

• Like 3

On 3/22/2022 at 6:30 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Here it is & the Thyme is doing well too. 

20220322_155303.jpg

20220322_155353.jpg

I gave up planting veggies apart from tomatoes, but I try to keep a good selection of herbs on the go. Breaks my heart to pay the equivalent of $3 for a small, plastic pack of herbs, when you might only need a few strands. That thyme looks good, I use it a lot too

👍

• Like 4

21 hours ago, kmar92 said:

It looks sensational @stquinto. The scenery is breathtaking. For me escargot - maybe not. Venison though yep.

Well, I hope you don't mind me sharing my scenery. I like to see your scenery down under too, gives me inspiration to plan a three-month trip, but dunno when that would be because of work or kids at school. Of course I could go in July/August, but I don't think it's your best season...

Still waiting to see a few crocs, snakes and the odd shark. C'mon fellas !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Following the low-carb and eat a reasonable Brekki theme... below some home produce... only thing not made on site are the eggses:

😋

image.thumb.png.ff2e9c3e7c7029e75eab1070ecf4e398.png

That looks mighty fine IP ! Home-made bacon and snags ? Yum yum ! Have you given the carbs the heave-ho still ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tonight I felt lazy after a busy day at Classic Brewing Co so I thought Pie Floaters, yes Muzzy I know the pie should be upside down but the pie had such a lovely crust, Mr Cowley may not be impressed to my modifications to his famous recipe but this is my twist with cracked pepper, chilli, parsley & mint, awesome & I ate two of them & I should have wiped the plate before the photo. 

20220323_193528.thumb.jpg.b37061e0c2d40aad2784d7cc86f2c01f.jpg

Looks like the gourmet version Phil 🤣 Now there you've got yourself some after-pub grub !

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Looks like the gourmet version Phil 🤣 Now there you've got yourself some after-pub grub !

Mate I couldn't begin to tell you what it tasted like, such a combination of flavours, even the tomato sauce played a part, I know it looks rough but when you have been on the turp's down the road at the neighbours you don't feel like cooking to much.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

I gave up planting veggies apart from tomatoes, but I try to keep a good selection of herbs on the go. Breaks my heart to pay the equivalent of $3 for a small, plastic pack of herbs, when you might only need a few strands. That thyme looks good, I use it a lot too

Yes it is a great herb, also parsley, oregano, basil all that stuff. great for flavouring foods.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, stquinto said:

Well, I hope you don't mind me sharing my scenery. I like to see your scenery down under too, gives me inspiration to plan a three-month trip, but dunno when that would be because of work or kids at school. Of course I could go in July/August, but I don't think it's your best season...

Sainter mate, I'm a Mexican I live down South in Oz. (Victoria) Nup,  don't come here in July - August.

But let me tell ya Brother Sainter you would not be disappointed with the weather up North in Oz at that time of the year. 

Far north Queensland is a terrific spot to consider, just watch out for the Crocs. lol

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am sure they are a delicacy in France & surrounds but I am afraid I cannot come at them, Years ago I was talked into to eating one at La Guillotine Restaurant in the City & I am still trying to get the taste out of my mouth 😬

TBH Phil mate, you can only taste the garlicy /parsley sauce. 

That sauce in the photo was a bit different , it had some with mustard in it, quite an interesting change. 
I asked the lady who brought the snails over if it was a secret sauce and she said I’d have to sleep with the boss to have the recipe. In French there is a notion of masculine/feminine with nouns, and she specified a male boss…

I left the joint by the dunny window in case you wondered, sometimes you don’t need the genuine recipe, you can improvise 🤣

Edited by stquinto
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, stquinto said:

TBH Phil mate, you can only taste the garlicy /parsley sauce. 

That sauce in the photo was a bit different , it had some with mustard in it, quite an interesting change. 
I asked the lady who brought the snails over if it was a secret sauce and she said I’d have to sleep with the boss to have the recipe. In French there is a notion of masculine/feminine with nouns, and she specified a male boss…

I left the joint by the dunny window in case you wondered, sometimes you don’t need the genuine recipe, you can improvise 🤣

Yeah I understand that the snails over there are different to our backyard garden pests, what we do here is lift them with a shovel & toss them over the neighbours fence 🤭 well some people do !!

Nowadays our garden snails are being cultivated for eating as are insects, well you know what you can do with that.

When I go in to the garden for food I much prefer to collect & eat the things I am growing, not the pests that are eating them !!

There is not much I don't like but I won't eat offal, snails, reptiles, insects etc.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Sainter mate, I'm a Mexican I live down South in Oz. (Victoria) Nup,  don't come here in July - August.

But let me tell ya Brother Sainter you would not be disappointed with the weather up North in Oz at that time of the year. 

Far north Queensland is a terrific spot to consider, just watch out for the Crocs. lol

Just come to Adelaide, perfect all year round. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, stquinto said:

Here you go @stquinto here at least there are two of the requested creatures at the one time ; )

Prossi (Prosperpine Q)...  just off the news... 

image.thumb.png.18c5a2af2929ca80d1026cdd1862308e.png

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Here you go Sharks at my beach 🦈

GWS nasty creatures @Classic Brewing Co I would rather not share the water with...  nor salties for that matter either.

("Salties" - as opposed to "Freshies" - saltwater and freshwater crocs which as you all know are vastly different 👍)

• Haha 1

Just now, Itinerant Peasant said:

GWS nasty creatures @Classic Brewing Co I would rather not share the water with...  nor salties for that matter either.

("Salties" - as opposed to "Freshies" - saltwater and freshwater crocs which as you all know are vastly different 👍)

Yes they are, I was looking for a photo just then taken a few years ago in the NT of some crocks as I was driving over a cement slab they call a bridge, it's OK as long as you don't get out of the car or break down 😬 they are scary things close up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1