Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

6 hours ago, jennyss said:

What are those creatures crawling out of the water?

Suspect  your question may already have been answered (thanks @Mickep 🙂) but basically a dirty old Saltie (Saltwater Crocodile) having a munch on a small Shark in the shallows...  HTH @jennyss 👍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

Pork chop, triple-cooked sautéed potatoes, and sauce à la tzigane / Zigeunesoße (gypsy sauce)

FFD42982-7F80-4FDF-9BB9-DB8CD605EAE2.jpeg

Looks good Sainter - we get pork cutlets here as well as pork chops. There's a huge difference between the two cuts here in Oz. The chops are like 'ol boot leather and the cutlets - well they are the best....done over high heat (Preferably charcoal) until medium rare. Perfection! Your chop looks more like one of our cutlets mate so I gather it's as tender as.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mickep said:

Looks good Sainter - we get pork cutlets here as well as pork chops. There's a huge difference between the two cuts here in Oz. The chops are like 'ol boot leather and the cutlets - well they are the best....done over high heat (Preferably charcoal) until medium rare. Perfection! Your chop looks more like one of our cutlets mate so I gather it's as tender as.

Cheers Mick mate ! They don't tend to make the difference over here. These ones were very tender: they were from the pigs that you get Pata Negra (Spanish) ham from. But the Swiss pork is really good, and relatively cheap. The gypsy sauce goes well with pork too - fry up onions, red and green capiscums, a bit of chopped tomatoes with some paprika, then add some chopped gherkins, capers with a bit of the vinegar from the jar. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Tonight's offering;

Steak and vegies.

Thick cut potato tripled cooked chips with rare Angus rump steak. 

Including baked zooks, carrots, beans and pumpkin.

277185463_395030195960213_2853432837765909039_n.jpg

277455504_711898379844631_1675868839483165173_n.jpg

277438360_1694277284241550_1049076658504297884_n.jpg

Looks awesome mate ! Take the horns off and wipe its ar*e ?

How did you find the triple cooked chips ? They look the business that's for sure ! I can get Aussie Angus here sometimes- beautiful !

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tonight Chicken Madras Curry, this little bad boy chilli ( Carolina Reaper ) is super hot so I only used a portion otherwise I would be sitting on Mars, I was going to do side dishes - fruit chutney, pappadums but I didn't bother, it was bad enough dealing with the heat 🥵

20220401_174910.jpg

20220401_185710.jpg

20220401_193956.jpg

Looks like a right old burner there Phil...comple with rice timbale, very posh 😉

That chili looks has a pretty mean glint to it too 🥵 Can't beat a curry, good on yer !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Looks like a right old burner there Phil...comple with rice timbale, very posh 😉

That chili looks has a pretty mean glint to it too 🥵 Can't beat a curry, good on yer !

Yeah it was bloody hot even with just a slice of the chilli, washed my hands 37 times & rubbed my eye 😬 but that's OK I have another to watch TV with.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Cheers Mick mate ! They don't tend to make the difference over here. These ones were very tender: they were from the pigs that you get Pata Negra (Spanish) ham from. But the Swiss pork is really good, and relatively cheap. The gypsy sauce goes well with pork too - fry up onions, red and green capiscums, a bit of chopped tomatoes with some paprika, then add some chopped gherkins, capers with a bit of the vinegar from the jar. 

The sauce sounds awesome mate -might give that a crack.

• Like 1

Looks awesome mate ! Take the horns off and wipe its ar*e ?

How did you find the triple cooked chips ? They look the business that's for sure ! I can get Aussie Angus here sometimes- beautiful !

Yep -steak was rare. I could hear it mooing. It was a touch off blue I'd say. Have to sack the chef - overdone!

Loved the chips mate, I need to work on the temps though - they were really fluffy inside but a bit soft on the outside as well.  But really good. Maybe I need to wind the heat up for the third cook?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tonight Chicken Madras Curry, this little bad boy chilli ( Carolina Reaper ) is super hot so I only used a portion otherwise I would be sitting on Mars, I was going to do side dishes - fruit chutney, pappadums but I didn't bother, it was bad enough dealing with the heat 🥵

20220401_174910.jpg

20220401_185710.jpg

20220401_193956.jpg

Now Phil, that's starting to look like restaurant quality. Very fancy! Love a curry especially if it's hot and gets the eyes watering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Yep -steak was rare. I could hear it mooing. It was a touch off blue I'd say. Have to sack the chef - overdone!

Loved the chips mate, I need to work on the temps though - they were really fluffy inside but a bit soft on the outside as well.  But really good. Maybe I need to wind the heat up for the third cook?

Excellent stuff ! Can't beat rare steak, whatever Phil might say... 🤣

For the two frying sessions I put the fryer onto the hottest setting (about 180°). On my fryer (just a cheapo, it lasts about 3 - 4 years then it dies and I buy a new one) as soon as the temperature drops a little red light comes on saying it is re-heating. Sometimes in the second frying if the light comes back on I pause the timer, take the basket out, and wait for it to get back up to temperature (i.e. the light goes out). Then I fry them for the rest of whatever is on the timer. That way they crisp up, and also brown up a bit. When the chips are very pale they're not quite as appealing, likewise if they are too brown it suggests the oil is either too old or has burnt.

Gotta make sure you've got the proper chip spuds too. No good to use new potatoes, make sure they are the floury ones. Here they categorise them into boiling ones, mash ones or chip ones. Mash ones work for chips too, but new potatoes, never.

After a cuppla goes it'll work out, and there'll be no going back 😉

Last night's dinner was a bit late so I was going to make oven chips. They take 25 minutes in the oven, ut the shop was shut so I had to make my own. Those chips (cubes) were cooked up in less time, even with the three cookings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tonight's dinner - Rainbow Trout

I will stuff the cavities with butter, lemon, parsley, black pepper, sea salt & chilli.  A bottle of Rosé & chips & salad.

20220402_135002.thumb.jpg.8c9d1b4b2d1f7141e0684a9f46c36e28.jpg

Nice one Phil! Get nice trout here too, sometimes smoked as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

Good for you IP - that seems like 2-3 months you’ve been off the carbs. Do you feel better for it?

Yes assuredly Yes @stquinto Sainter mate for sure! 

And it has had significant and beneficial impacts on blood sugar woes and blood pressure and overall weight. 

But I am decidedly starting to lose enthusiasm - anyway - It has done me a world of good and I do need to keep it going even if not 100% of the time mate... 

I keep seeing all these beautiful meals with carbs and think wowowowow that would be nice haha!

And even a nice new fresh loaf of homemade Rye Blend Bread mmmm!?!

I do need to transition to a long term sustainable approach and that I believe will certainly include a significant proportion of lower carb spreads...  as you can eat well that way without a doubt... but need to be able to keep it going longer term.

Thanks for your support mate 👍

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Yes assuredly Yes @stquinto Sainter mate for sure! 

And it has had significant and beneficial impacts on blood sugar woes and blood pressure and overall weight. 

But I am decidedly starting to lose enthusiasm - anyway - It has done me a world of good and I do need to keep it going even if not 100% of the time mate... 

I keep seeing all these beautiful meals with carbs and think wowowowow that would be nice haha!

And even a nice new fresh loaf of homemade Rye Blend Bread mmmm!?!

I do need to transition to a long term sustainable approach and that I believe will certainly include a significant proportion of lower carb spreads...  as you can eat well that way without a doubt... but need to be able to keep it going longer term.

Thanks for your support mate 👍

Good for you IP mate 👍

I also need to find a sustainable way to not kill myself from the better things in life… I have occasionally done a month off the grog (all right, I’ve done it three times in my life) , gone to bed early, been running 5 times a week, eaten veggies etc but what counts is finding something that you can maintain. That’s how it works for me anyway. 
Good luck in your endeavours! Your veggie tucker is inspiring 😀 

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

OK it was awesome, I am glad I only baked 1 so now I can do something with the other one tomorrow, they are 400gms each, I am replete. 

20220402_190203.thumb.jpg.15222f60c2e0a94bb524380f29f17f20.jpg20220402_192207.thumb.jpg.2904c01c9533d03ece63ba6874ba3960.jpg

A good size for a fish 👍

Looks a beaut 🐠 

• Like 2