Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

Yes assuredly Yes @stquinto Sainter mate for sure! 

And it has had significant and beneficial impacts on blood sugar woes and blood pressure and overall weight. 

But I am decidedly starting to lose enthusiasm - anyway - It has done me a world of good and I do need to keep it going even if not 100% of the time mate... 

I keep seeing all these beautiful meals with carbs and think wowowowow that would be nice haha!

And even a nice new fresh loaf of homemade Rye Blend Bread mmmm!?!

I do need to transition to a long term sustainable approach and that I believe will certainly include a significant proportion of lower carb spreads...  as you can eat well that way without a doubt... but need to be able to keep it going longer term.

Thanks for your support mate 👍

If I may comment, I have read IP's posts about his self motivated responsible efforts to maintain a healthier lifestyle for himself & sacrifice all the good things in life ( Beer & Food ) We have seen countless photos of really healthy meals mostly home grown & his ability to abstain from alcohol is outstanding.

A healthier lifestyle doesn't hurt anybody & he has done an excellent job, his efforts are outstanding.

I say a big shout out to @Itinerant Peasant for this & I applaud you.

Well done & I hope you are able to partake in one of your magnificent beverages as you see fit. 🏆

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

But I am decidedly starting to lose enthusiasm 

10 hours ago, stquinto said:

Good for you

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

A healthier lifestyle doesn't hurt anybody

Well.... I guess that I have found some more enthusiasm again haha - at least for low carb... see below today's festive Sunday low-carb-Brunch : )

Not particularly vegan on this one haha!

Thanks for the positive support @Classic Brewing Co Phil and @stquinto Sainter and all you Brewers ; )

What I am looking forward to at some stage in the future is some hot potato chips / Pommes Frites / French Fries haha!

image.thumb.png.c68c1f1278046795f8379ff308f6c4e3.png

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Well.... I guess that I have found some more enthusiasm again haha - at least for low carb... see below today's festive Sunday low-carb-Brunch : )

Thanks for the positive support @Classic Brewing Co Phil and @stquinto Sainter and all you Brewers ; )

What I am looking forward to at some stage in the future is some hot potato chips / Pommes Frites / French Fries haha!

image.thumb.png.c68c1f1278046795f8379ff308f6c4e3.png

Wow! Now that’s balanced 👏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

That's awesome I could eat that everyday. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looks 

2 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Fish n Salad ; )

Home made slaw w home made aioli... slaw of purple n white cab, onion, apple, carrot and garden parsley then sprinkled w Walnuts : )

Looks really nice IP the only thing missing which I know you are hanging out for is;

hot potato chips / Pommes Frites / French Fries

But at the end of the day I don't always have chips, last night I had steamed baby jacket potatoes & veg with my other piece of Rainbow Trout. Enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

home made aioli

14 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

really nice

I am enjoying the whole egg home made Mayo thing - a bit like the Brewing thing - trying different combos... bit more 'acid' this time i.e. Vinegar - might have come up a tad watery with the egg to acid ration - but still nice - just good to learn how to manipulate the ingredients for desired outcome... 

I did pure egg yolk version a little while ago and it actually was quite thick.... but then also went nicely blended with some sour cream too to make a nice Tartare/Remouladey sauces with gherkin-raw onion-chives-capers ; )

And trying different oils too... some heart smart thing at the moment seems good... very benign flavour which is cool...

Anyway - it is all interesting and at the end of the day all a fun learning experience like Brewing : )

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

I am enjoying the whole egg home made Mayo thing - a bit like the Brewing thing - trying different combos... bit more 'acid' this time i.e. Vinegar - might have come up a tad watery with the egg to acid ration - but still nice - just good to learn how to manipulate the ingredients for desired outcome... 

I did pure egg yolk version a little while ago and it actually was quite thick.... but then also went nicely blended with some sour cream too to make a nice Tartare/Remouladey sauces with gherkin-raw onion-chives-capers ; )

And trying different oils too... some heart smart thing at the moment seems good... very benign flavour which is cool...

Anyway - it is all interesting and at the end of the day all a fun learning experience like Brewing : )

I totally agree, different oils/vinegars will alter the consistency, flavour etc & those additions add a nice tart taste & crunch.

There is plethora of variations to experiment with & you get to tailor it to suit the dish. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

tailor it to suit

And honestly it is the same with AG - here is a really nice guide to Voyager Malts from NSW Riverina - Coopers Malts should be cheaper in SA as the Malting Plant is right next door... but the same goes for beer - all the different malts, combos of malts, the temps of mashing, type of hops and hop products, time of hopping, yeasts, pitch rate and temperature of ferment.... and you have such a vast range of festive different products : )

https://www.voyagercraftmalt.com.au/VCMGuide202122.pdf

I guess too that Coopers Kits of which there is a large range and the Specials can also be manipulated for many different great outcomes!

VCMGuide202122.pdf

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

And honestly it is the same with AG - here is a really nice guide to Voyager Malts from NSW Riverina - Coopers Malts should be cheaper in SA as the Malting Plant is right next door... but the same goes for beer - all the different malts, combos of malts, the temps of mashing, type of hops and hop products, time of hopping, yeasts, pitch rate and temperature of ferment.... and you have such a vast range of festive different products : )

https://www.voyagercraftmalt.com.au/VCMGuide202122.pdf

I guess too that Coopers Kits of which there is a large range and the Specials can also be manipulated for many different great outcomes!

VCMGuide202122.pdf 4.98 MB · 1 download

Agreed, I have actually been there as we did business & I was given some some of their malts, it is a great place, you should check out the tap room, underground restaurant, not to mention the layout with accommodation, leisure grounds etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Quick & easy & crooked 😬 Chicken & Roasted Garlic Ravioli with Creamy Carbonara Sauce, it may not look much but packed with flavour.  Oh yes & some wine too.

20220405_185955.jpg

Looks mighty fine from here mate !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Quick & easy & crooked 😬 Chicken & Roasted Garlic Ravioli with Creamy Carbonara Sauce, it may not look much but packed with flavour.  Oh yes & some wine too.

20220405_185955.jpg

Oh yeah now you're talking. Love this Classic.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Keeping the low carb dream alive ; ) 

Rice paper rolls....

image.thumb.png.b8b2942fdf32ce5b808358cbac68d6e1.png

Still working out the best methodology but getting some better results more recently...

Love these IP especially with a bit of protein - prawns or crispy chicken. They look good mate.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Bit of fish for dinner. Cod, bacon, and Vichy carrots

944690A3-9D77-4EF7-83A9-F4810D551D49.jpeg

Sainter, they say we eat with our eyes - I want to eat this so much and this picture goes along way to confirm that saying. Except of course for the messy tidy up of the ol plate edges. 🤣 Looks really good mate, was the cod fresh or frozen?

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mickep said:

Sainter, they say we eat with our eyes - I want to eat this so much and this picture goes along way to confirm that saying. Except of course for the messy tidy up of the ol plate edges. 🤣 Looks really good mate, was the cod fresh or frozen?

Cheers mate! Fresh cod, we get great fish here, considering how far we are from the sea…. 
I’ll share the recipe - the Vichy carrots are worth a try, if a bit rich (lots of butter)

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Nice Stqunta, looks nice & crunchy, crispy bacon, yum. You can't get more French than vichy !

I am thinking you have used honey rather than sugar.

Only Vichy water (I actually got the mineral water for it), salt, sugar and butter. 
Yum!

Bit of a celebration tonight - I came really close to f#*king up royally at work (nearly burnt out 5K€ of fibre-optic connectors with a too-strong signal) so champagne it is 😅

Five-week dry aged sirloin, no time to reverse-sear it unfortunately, but it’ll be ok. 
Phew!

E607CE48-149A-4B06-A2EC-95FB7067324E.jpeg

2C07E489-B89C-430A-973F-F2C7BC65ACCB.jpeg

• Haha 2