Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

Nice looking tucker there Phil ! I can see you are a fan of the Greek Salad. Quite partial too, nice balance to it. It's coming up to spring here so I'll be dusting off the barbie (actually cleaning off the grease from the grill, I always say I'll do it after each session but never do...) 

Still cool in the evening so a stew still goes down well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

Nice looking tucker there Phil ! I can see you are a fan of the Greek Salad. Quite partial too, nice balance to it. It's coming up to spring here so I'll be dusting off the barbie (actually cleaning off the grease from the grill, I always say I'll do it after each session but never do...) 

Still cool in the evening so a stew still goes down well.

Cheers Mate, the only thing is as you probably know, Greek Salad does not contain lettuce, has olives & oregano but it's near enough.

• Like 2

a bit more meat for the meatlovers ; )

Been in a red wine olive oil oregano and black pepper marinade for a few days... will go the slow roast to start with and then do a reverse sear once it has had a nice low temp cook for a bit : )

Cold olive oil floaties seen below on the lovely Topside Beef 🙂

image.thumb.png.650c667ade0bc8e9b7372ed2ff70353b.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

What was the Fish @Classic Brewing Co Phil?

You bugggggers down there have got good access to wonderful seafood!

Blue Grenadier, it's as close to Flathead as you can get, one of the cheaper fish on offer but nice & firm, you can do anything with it, like Fish Curry as it will stay together if it's thick enough.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

The brown colour inside?

Nothing to worry about.

Browning of meat can occur with meat that has been chilled for a long period of time (about 5 days), ie: taken home from the grocery store and placed in your fridge for some time. This happens because as meat is chilled/frozen for long periods of time, enzyme activity decreases so the myoglobin and oxygen quit mixing together to keep meat that bright red color.

Browning of meat can also occur when oxygen partial pressure is low or basically when meat is stacked on top of one another. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Does everyone think my vegetable - meat balance is ok?

BTW haha😋 that is a large dinner plate haha ; )

image.thumb.png.2bed760eb33741e16fe104db0be5c143.png

Looks like the portion nutritionists tell you to eat IP - half the plate veggies, quarter carbs and a quarter meat. But tou erred on the side of caution of the veggie portion 🤣

Amazing stuff 👍

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

a bit more meat for the meatlovers ; )

Been in a red wine olive oil oregano and black pepper marinade for a few days... will go the slow roast to start with and then do a reverse sear once it has had a nice low temp cook for a bit : )

Cold olive oil floaties seen below on the lovely Topside Beef 🙂

image.thumb.png.650c667ade0bc8e9b7372ed2ff70353b.png

Yum yum! Bet that turned out tasty 🐄

• Like 2

On 3/13/2022 at 9:39 AM, Mickep said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. And in the Land of Oz there are also these tempting little morsels. Unique to Australia. They are blaaaaarrrrrdy delicious.

Historyonics: the Dim Sim - RN Drive - ABC Radio National

Mick, I had to tell you what I did last night. I think I re-invented the wheel.
After a long day on the beers I found myself wanting a late night snack. Got some dimmies out of the freezer, put them in a bowl, sprayed them with oil and dusted them with salt and my new secret ingredient, CURRY POWDER. 15 minutes on 200C in the air fryer and it was the perfect drunken snack (*consume responsibly). Bloody beautiful!
The air fryer is perfect for the inebriated cook because if he/she falls asleep the air fryer turns itself off. Unlike a deep fryer or oven. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3