Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

Sainter mate, here's a very rough recipe of the Thai glass noodle salad.

275483262_490499546054837_6056036177453771894_n.jpg.3f8e686a28283e6938a2c10974fc2c29.jpg

1x large handful of glass noodles in boiling water for about 3-5 minutes - until soft and still shiny.

handful of chicken mince (course) place in medium pot and gently bring to boil with a table spoon of water or as required so as not to burn or stick. Cook chicken until cooked through.

a large handful of raw prawns to boiling water - but only until they are just cooked through. Then rest until cool.

Add quartered brown mushroom to the chicken mince pot and gently cook them through and then cool.

Grab a large bowl and add the cooled chicken mince, mushrooms to the bowl and then add 6 - 8 chopped birdseye chillies - add 2 tablespoons fish sauce (to taste) 

Add sugar (preferably sugar syrup home made is best) to taste maybe about a table spoon to begin with and stir all ingredients  in the bowl.

next quarter about 3-4 shallots, and add them to the bowl, and then add the noodles and toss.

Add the prawns to the bowl.

Add lime juice to taste - add enough to balance out the fish sauce and sugar. 

halve 8 cherry tomatoes and add to the bowl and then garnish with celery leaf , coriander, and peanuts.

Toss and then chill.

I'm sorry Sainter if the measurements aren't too clear but that's how the Thai's cook....just by taste

Obviously you could sub whatever protein you want with this but it's a little ripper of a salad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Mickep said:

Sainter mate, here's a very rough recipe of the Thai glass noodle salad.

275483262_490499546054837_6056036177453771894_n.jpg.3f8e686a28283e6938a2c10974fc2c29.jpg

1x large handful of glass noodles in boiling water for about 3-5 minutes - until soft and still shiny.

handful of chicken mince (course) place in medium pot and gently bring to boil with a table spoon of water or as required so as not to burn or stick. Cook chicken until cooked through.

a large handful of raw prawns to boiling water - but only until they are just cooked through. Then rest until cool.

Add quartered brown mushroom to the chicken mince pot and gently cook them through and then cool.

Grab a large bowl and add the cooled chicken mince, mushrooms to the bowl and then add 6 - 8 chopped birdseye chillies - add 2 tablespoons fish sauce (to taste) 

Add sugar (preferably sugar syrup home made is best) to taste maybe about a table spoon to begin with and stir all ingredients  in the bowl.

next quarter about 3-4 shallots, and add them to the bowl, and then add the noodles and toss.

Add the prawns to the bowl.

Add lime juice to taste - add enough to balance out the fish sauce and sugar. 

halve 8 cherry tomatoes and add to the bowl and then garnish with celery leaf , coriander, and peanuts.

Toss and then chill.

I'm sorry Sainter if the measurements aren't too clear but that's how the Thai's cook....just by taste

Obviously you could sub whatever protein you want with this but it's a little ripper of a salad.

Much appreciated Mick! I’ll be giving that a go pretty soon! Ta very much mate 👍

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mickep said:

mystery parcels covered in olive oil and bunged on a BBQ are magnificent. I'll have to try the dimmies in the pan with the chilli oil too.

7 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

You don't need much & they crisp up nicely too !!

Haha Gold... I've done the Mystery Bags as an emergency dinner that way - nuke in micro for a bit to defrost and then cut and fry...

Pretty handy : )

But not as tasty as home-made dumplings haha - with home made spicy dipping sauce : )

These back from the days of feasting on carbs... 

And when I had lots of Coriander -- none at the moment : |

But is a Pharque loada work... at least I could buy the wrappers didn't hafta make them 👍

image.thumb.png.281e02c5ab16621d1784b786a7081019.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, stquinto said:

If that was on offer I'd stick to meat twice a week and fish once, the rest veg. Inspiring stuff mate !

Re Vegetarian..... There is a little bit of chook there on the plate... but that could be subbed for some nice caramelised Haloumi or a few dirty old Falafels and dollop on some Hummus as well : )

Will see what I can do haha!  Thanks for the prompt and reminder @stquinto Sainter haha! 🥳

The fresh garden festively ripe Tommy salad w Springers and some Fresh Bas.... a nice strong EVOO and a bit of nice Italian Balsamic-White-Condiment sourness... fresh grind Black Pepper... Tiny sprinkle of salt... n a teeny bit of sugar to draw out the juice.... a truly beautiful thing.

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Haha Gold... I've done the Mystery Bags as an emergency dinner that way - nuke in micro for a bit to defrost and then cut and fry...

But not as tasty as home-made dumplings haha - with home made spicy dipping sauce : )

But is a Pharque loada work... at least I could buy the wrappers didn't hafta make them 👍

Lovely stuff IP, a true work of art, I am impressed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A pretty basic meal tonight because I had an interesting afternoon, a couple of my old neighbours came down for a drink & my new neighbours from next door called in so we had a ding dong party 🥳 it was great everyone got on, we drank lot's of homebrew 😬 so that's why I knocked up some Debreziner Spicy Smoked Sausage, man they have some kick, I know@Itinerant Peasant& @Aussiekrautwould know what they are, I was 'beere'd out' so red wine was the order.

20220314_200322.thumb.jpg.3376bf18e17d7ee6a3b97561e0c48ffc.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

image.thumb.png.281e02c5ab16621d1784b786a7081019.png

IP mate, the dumplings look absolutely delish - they're a pain in the rear end to make but well worth it. I've given up on making the wrappers - just buy the package stuff - luvyerwork mate!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

A pretty basic meal tonight because I had an interesting afternoon, a couple of my old neighbours came down for a drink & my new neighbours from next door called in so we had a ding dong party 🥳 it was great everyone got on, we drank lot's of homebrew 😬 so that's why I knocked up some Debreziner Spicy Smoked Sausage, man they have some kick, I know@Itinerant Peasant& @Aussiekrautwould know what they are, I was 'beere'd out' so red wine was the order.

20220314_200322.thumb.jpg.3376bf18e17d7ee6a3b97561e0c48ffc.jpg

So where's the invite Cassic mate, that'd go down well with a few brewskies for sure. Looks good mate.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mickep said:

So where's the invite Cassic mate, that'd go down well with a few brewskies for sure. Looks good mate.

Anytime just give me a hoot 📯 I actually bought these at Aldi, they have quite a few other continental/imported varieties.

They are quick & easy & left overs are great on toast in the morning & if you dare mustard. I had a big afternoon with visitors so they were the ticket, Cheers.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Aldi, they have quite a few other continental/imported varieties

They are great to have on hand just for those sorts of occasions @Classic Brewing Co Phil!

Tho I used to like their pale looking Bratwurst that does not seem to be available anymore...

Some of us believe that Aldi gets

Gotzinger Smallgoods Butcher Shop - Lahrs Road 126 Yatala ...

to make their Wursts.... ; )

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

They are great to have on hand just for those sorts of occasions @Classic Brewing Co Phil!

Tho I used to like their pale looking Bratwurst that does not seem to be available anymore...

Some of us believe that Aldi gets

Gotzinger Smallgoods Butcher Shop - Lahrs Road 126 Yatala ...

to make their Wursts.... ; )

If you have seen the range you will know the ones I am talking about, I have tried most of them.

• Like 3

Vegetarian Salad Festival.... with homemade Aioli Mayo prepared w fresh Yolks and Bavarian Mustard and fresh Garlic ; ) 

Dressing then comboed up the home Mayo w some Sour Cream and Verjus for a bit more liquid plus Gherkins Capers and fresh Onion following the Tartare-ish flavour regime... and then home Toms, bit of Apple thin, Feta, Kal Olives, baby Cueys, half-a-dozen Falafels, fresh Parsley and a swag of Cos Lettuce. Salt n Black Pepper... yeah turned out pretty well but not for those who are not into Mayo or Salad Dressing I guess 👍

Might have gone a bit heavy on the white goo but the Flaffers are pretty dry creatures ; )

image.thumb.png.63c83b4561b7d1c9e9db856f10c27a85.png

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Vegetarian Salad Festival.... with homemade Aioli Mayo prepared w fresh Yolks and Bavarian Mustard and fresh Garlic ; ) 

Dressing then comboed up the home Mayo w some Sour Cream and Verjus for a bit more liquid plus Gherkins Capers and fresh Onion following the Tartare-ish flavour regime... and then home Toms, bit of Apple thin, Feta, Kal Olives, baby Cueys, half-a-dozen Falafels, fresh Parsley and a swag of Cos Lettuce. Salt n Black Pepper... yeah turned out pretty well but not for those who are not into Mayo or Salad Dressing I guess 👍

Might have gone a bit heavy on the white goo but the Flaffers are pretty dry creatures ; )

Awesome IP but no Zookas ? Nah still looks healthy, the apple should give it a nice crunch, maybe for a twist. try some baby capers.

• Like 3