Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

7 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Lamb chops on the Weber high indirect heat with olive oil home made rub of garlic powder, lemon pepper, oregano, salt flakes and Rosemary. Meant to have onion powder but don’t have any as there appears to be a world wide shortage of onion powder so just used more garlic powder. 

E1161E0A-88BF-4597-95DD-DB1C93A98002.jpeg

Nice trick with the tin foil mate! Quite partial to a lamb chop I must admit and those look the business 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Lamb chops on the Weber high indirect heat with olive oil home made rub of garlic powder, lemon pepper, oregano, salt flakes and Rosemary. Meant to have onion powder but don’t have any as there appears to be a world wide shortage of onion powder so just used more garlic powder. 

E1161E0A-88BF-4597-95DD-DB1C93A98002.jpeg

Just Wowo!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Cheers Sainter @stquinto the Mayo thing seems to be working : )

And the low-no carb veggies and protein continue 😆  (see below 😋)  And am still alive 🤣

But boy oh boy those London Curries Naan Bread Rice and Beer looked very good mate! 

Went to a very good Indian feed in Church Stretton Shropshire a few years ago that a mate regularly attends and was grand.

image.thumb.png.aa7d2ec4c88d35b9565ac5e734fa1eb7.png

Those dishes look awesome IP 👍

The curries I had were excellent but burnt a bit of a hole in my guts. Normally I can hack it no problem, must be getting old 😬

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Greek style tonight, lamb steaks cooked medium 63c .

( Note to @stquintoit is actually dead ) 🤣 it is not so authentic as Greek Salad does not contain lettuce but who cares it was very nice with a few slurps of red wine.

20220309_201538.thumb.jpg.0633a2d45a7947f1cc82900ec7b90fb7.jpg

That lamb looks awesome to me Phil: I prefer it pink 👍

Nothing wrong with a few modifications either, good on yer mate!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, stquinto said:

That lamb looks awesome to me Phil: I prefer it pink 👍

Nothing wrong with a few modifications either, good on yer mate!

Yes the lamb steaks were very lean & tender, sometimes just the flavour of the meat with pepper & salt is enough without making a gravy, for me anyway. Cheers. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Good one, I love Weber cooked meat especially with Hickory wood chips, nice smoky taste.

• Like 4

Enough Veggies for one Brekki?  There's some home-made smoky bacon in with the mushies ; )

Am hoping Dr Michael Mosely would approve...  he's got another TV Show going:

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/2003822659531/michael-mosleys-health-intervention-s1-ep1-michael-mosleys-health-intervention-series-1-ep-1

But basically the "lower total volume of intake, exercise, and lower carb" message is the same...  and it does seem that with a bit of stuffing about that one can still eat alright (even without the porridge, toast, breakfast cereals, cow's milk, potatoes, corn, pasta, baked beans, biscuits, cake, muesli bars, bread, bread rolls, rice, Naan bread, pancakes, pikelets, donuts,  mangoes, bananas, sweet fruit, sweet yoghurt, fruit juice, softdrink, honey, syrup, sugar... mmm that's enough for a while... they are all out there calling me 😆)

image.png.024ca9640dde35425bf4fa9ed016bb4a.png

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Dessert  Pizza on the liquid charcoal (BabyQ) turned out pretty good, surprised myself🤣 Sorry @Itinerant Peasant opposite end of the spectrum to what you dished up. Loaded with carbs but the kids loved it!

I bet if you shoved a few bits of Carolina Reaper in there there would be some left over for yourself 🤣

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I bet if you shoved a few bits of Carolina Reaper in there there would be some left over for yourself 🤣

I used to do something similar by leaving wasabi-coated peanuts around when people came round for a drink. I would then show them what happened when a toddler (my son) ate them. Should have seen his face ! Naturally I got it in the neck from SWMBO, but the boy came back for more. Funny creatures kids... 🤔

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

I used to do something similar by leaving wasabi-coated peanuts around when people came round for a drink. I would then show them what happened when a toddler (my son) ate them. Should have seen his face ! Naturally I got it in the neck from SWMBO, but the boy came back for more. Funny creatures kids... 🤔

Another good trick is to rub a fresh chilli around the rim of a glass & serve up a beer to someone whom you either don't like or is giving you the 💩 of course you sound surprised when he/she says their lips are burning & suggest they may have eaten something earlier causing a reaction. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Another good trick is to rub a fresh chilli around the rim of a glass & serve up a beer to someone whom you either don't like or is giving you the 💩 of course you sound surprised when he/she says their lips are burning & suggest they may have eaten something earlier causing a reaction. 

You guys are cruel.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Man ! You bad ! 👹

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

You probably think all I have is Fish & Chips & Salad but I like it. My oil was a bit hot & I frightened the fish a bit but I got the crunch I was after. Yes @stquintoa crisp Sauvignon Blanc.

20220311_202719.thumb.jpg.4a1f7a37b078027192d2ddb09f1f2dd0.jpg

Outstanding Phil, take the rest of the day off, as someone here often says 🤣

I had preserved duck with sautéed spud and green beans yesterday. Dead easy, but make sure you pad the duck with kitchen paper otherwise it's a bit greasy:

duck.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

I had preserved duck with sautéed spud and green beans yesterday. Dead easy, but make sure you pad the duck with kitchen paper otherwise it's a bit greasy:

Yes you are right, I love Duck but it has to be cooked right, have you done confit before ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes you are right, I love Duck but it has to be cooked right, have you done confit before ?

I haven't Phil. I have a Rick Stein recipe for config de canard but it's easier for me to buy it. I think it is easy enough to make, if you can get hold of the duck fat  to preserve it. I have only seen small pots of duck (or even better) goose fat for roast spuds. The amount you need would make it too expensive. Can you get that kind of stuff or is it considered a luxury ?

• Like 1

@Itinerant Peasant, What a variety of yummy veggie and meat meals; and not a potato or noodle or piece of bread in sight! Our Saturday morning treat is fried egg and bacon with mushroom; but no toast.

(Just realised I have replied to a post from ages ago- comment still applies)

Edited by jennyss
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, stquinto said:

I haven't Phil. I have a Rick Stein recipe for config de canard but it's easier for me to buy it. I think it is easy enough to make, if you can get hold of the duck fat  to preserve it. I have only seen small pots of duck (or even better) goose fat for roast spuds. The amount you need would make it too expensive. Can you get that kind of stuff or is it considered a luxury ?

You are right the price is the killer, I have used it heaps of times especially for Roast Potatoes, there are heaps of ready to cook products  from here. For a tray of Roast Potatoes you only need a Tablespoon - 15-20gms so used that way it's OK.

Rick Stein is my favourite celebrity chef, his TV series are great, even Jack's his son has his own shows.

RS7284_Duck_Fat_Packaging_200g_Front_Tub_RGB_HR_1_570_570_75auto_s_c1.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, stquinto said:

duck.jpg

Looks delish Sainter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1