Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

2 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Yesterday and Today - not a lot - doing the fasting thing... 

Thank goodness for fizzy water, fresh mint, fresh lime -- and in the bubbly drink a few floating frozen raspberries.

Looking forward to tomorrow 👍

I would be to, Jeez !!  Being a good boy though. 🏆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/18/2022 at 7:11 AM, Itinerant Peasant said:

@stquinto Sainter if you are doing the veggo thing for a bit... have a crack at the below mate... puts a bit of spice and firy life into not eating meat... 

https://www.seriouseats.com/vegan-food-mapo-tofu-vegetarian-sichuan

Strewth IP mate, that one doesn’t take any prisoners!

Gotta like pepper 🌶 😃

Best tofu recipe I’ve come across so far, cheers!

6777A7B0-287A-48D4-82ED-51493A779BF2.thumb.jpeg.9d47ea8ced1ea50f665d7dcdfa266711.jpeg6777A7B0-287A-48D4-82ED-51493A779BF2.thumb.jpeg.9d47ea8ced1ea50f665d7dcdfa266711.jpeg

BC1DA56A-45A2-453D-A397-4E61C32BA465.jpeg

7C0037BA-A574-431C-917B-3E7373DF0C5C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good work you guys, looks good but I cannot come at Tofu 😬 

I have been subscribing to this site for ages - there are a lot of Tofu recipes on here, you can get an email with a new recipe every day/week if you subscribe to

https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/

There are some really great spicy dishes on here, check it out  @stquinto  & @Itinerant Peasant

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I agree, I understand those wanting to fast, avoid meat & carbohydrates for health & well being reasons but surely there is something nicer than this. 🤣

Tofu (豆腐, tōfu), also known as bean curd, is a food prepared by coagulating soy milk and then pressing the resulting curds into solid white blocks of varying softness; it can be silken, soft, firm, extra firm or super firm. Beyond these broad textural categories, there are many varieties. 😬

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, stquinto said:

If I’m honest mate I’m with you on that one …. I must have caught Vegetarian’s Stockholm Syndrome 🤣😳😰

The first time I tried them was years ago in a Chinese restaurant, I didn't order any they were just in the dish which was beautiful but the tofu was the only thing I left on the plate. I have never had any since & I don't want any. 🤮

• Haha 3

Brined some chicken breasts then cooked them low and slow using the snake method on the Webber smoked with apple wood turned out delicious and moist will be doing again so much flavour.

D8E0719E-D3E3-44AA-89B8-7FF15ACDD485.jpeg

EC3AD380-791A-48A6-8213-317EB78E491B.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Brined some chicken breasts then cooked them low and slow using the snake method on the Webber smoked with apple wood turned out delicious and moist will be doing again so much flavour.

D8E0719E-D3E3-44AA-89B8-7FF15ACDD485.jpeg

EC3AD380-791A-48A6-8213-317EB78E491B.jpeg

They look perfect! Easy to dry out chicken on a barbie unfortunately, but they look the biz

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 5:48 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

I admire your dedication and restraint.

Cheers @Shamus O'Sean Shamus mate... was (hopefully not quite am but got a few weeks to go yet) in dire straits health wise mate so some drastic action needed to be taken.  Thanks for your support mate much appreciated. 🙂

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Continuing with the veggie stuff, I knocked up some Indian: saag paneer and dahl. The samosa was shop-bought, I haven’t got that much time on my hands…

For veggies Indian or Italian is a good option

Good to see you have some decent cookbooks Stquinta, I have noticed a few in some of your posts, unfortunately like beer glasses I have way too many but I have them separated into categories with the better, modern ones together, some of the older ones are just shelf fillers going back to my cooking days. I don't bother to buy anymore these days but I still look after them & use them for new recipes from different countries. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Chicken wing pieces on the Weber using the vortex for high indirect heat. Also added a piece of my dads olive tree for some smoke turned out really nice 👍 

A20DEC41-2E36-4BCE-A993-FF6E2B46ADBD.jpeg

Looks bloody good mate ! Is that  black thing in the middle  the oliver tree? I came across something like that in the garden the other day, a present from a neighbour's dog I suspect...

Be interested to know what flavour it gave off (olive tree, not neighbour's dog stuf...)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Good to see you have some decent cookbooks Stquinta, I have noticed a few in some of your posts, unfortunately like beer glasses I have way too many but I have them separated into categories with the better, modern ones together, some of the older ones are just shelf fillers going back to my cooking days. I don't bother to buy anymore these days but I still look after them & use them for new recipes from different countries. 

Yeah Phil, I have a few of them. If I get at least three recipes from a book I consider it worthwhile. I still consult them even if I know the recipe. Reminds me of what the dish is supposed to look like if all goes well. Apart from books by Nigella Lawson, well, just look at the pictures anyway, whether there's food in them or not 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Looks bloody good mate ! Is that  black thing in the middle  the oliver tree? I came across something like that in the garden the other day, a present from a neighbour's dog I suspect...

Be interested to know what flavour it gave off (olive tree, not neighbour's dog stuf...)

Yes mate that’s the olive branch portion. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Chicken wing pieces on the Weber using the vortex for high indirect heat. Also added a piece of my dads olive tree for some smoke turned out really nice 👍 

You are a bugger @RDT2 , cooking up some tasty looking morsel's like these and not inviting any of us, they look superb!

What was the rub / coating ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1