Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

On 2/4/2022 at 2:10 PM, Itinerant Peasant said:

These are especially for those of you festive Brewers out there who love RAW product 🥳

Hackepeter (pork) below - and then far below in a plated combo with Salmon Sashimi.

Looks good but I am not sure about the raw pork.  Are there other things mixed with it.

Does it taste like uncooked pork sausage meat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Pickles Jones said:

Does it taste like uncooked pork sausage meat

Cheers @Pickles Jones Pickles mate - I think that good freshly minced Pork Mince is vastly different to the fine floor sweepings mush found often in Pork Swords commercially available... but I guess if you are talking about a well made  Pork Bratwurst with a coarse grind of fresh Pork Mince and spices... yes it is more like that. 

Basically it is good qual Pork Mince, finely chopped fresh good young onion, salt and fine white pepper to taste... and maybe some Caraway seed if you like... and I have added Basil fresh fine chop sometimes.  It is the same sort of principle to Beef Steak Tartare - raw meat finely sliced or minced w some spicing up...  I think both these things taste pretty nice. 

Here is a link

https://ddr-rezepte.net/berliner-hackepeter/

mmm maybe better in English ; )

But the below english language recipe is far more complicated and I am happy with the simpler version.  In Germany of course it is like the beer - it vastly depends on where you come from - what part of the big land - as to what your preferred herb/spice mix is 👍 hey @Aussiekraut AK?

The simple version goes incredibly well with fresh white crusty breadrolls and a nice crisp Pils or a Hefeweizen.

Cheers hope that provides a bit more inf : )

https://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipes/traditional-german-hackepeter-recipe/ndehj18y

• Like 2

The new food regime... trying some Vegetarian food types - my first crack at the below - turned out better than I could have ever  imagined -- and it came about cos Caulis were half price and looked nice haha ; )

EVOO and smoky paprika plus normal paprika n fine white pepper top AND spicy 'Malaysian' spice mix rub (what I normally used on barbie grilled chicken) w peanut oil on bottom... the scent of hot Aussie peanut oil and the spices smelled amazing from the oven 😀

image.thumb.png.5a6a4518a205963c62cbee461befb1ef.png

And some of the tasty baked product:

image.thumb.png.2f09224de2ffaf7f7e4654d212c72c8a.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

The simple version goes incredibly well with fresh white crusty breadrolls and a nice crisp Pils or a Hefeweizen.

Thanks, I think I would enjoy that.🍻

The new food regime... trying some Vegetarian food types - my first crack at the below - turned out better than I could have ever  imagined -- and it came about cos Caulis were half price and looked nice haha ; )

EVOO and smoky paprika plus normal paprika n fine white pepper top AND spicy 'Malaysian' spice mix rub (what I normally used on barbie grilled chicken) w peanut oil on bottom... the scent of hot Aussie peanut oil and the spices smelled amazing from the oven.

Those caulis look real good, I am going to give it a try.🍻

What is EVOO.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

mmm maybe better in English ; )

But the below english language recipe is far more complicated and I am happy with the simpler version.  In Germany of course it is like the beer - it vastly depends on where you come from - what part of the big land - as to what your preferred herb/spice mix is 👍 hey @Aussiekraut AK?

Yeah, there are variations. I personally prefer the plain and simple minced port, salt, pepper and sliced or diced onion, all on a well buttered crunchy bread roll. Heaven on a bun 🙂 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pickles Jones said:

EVOO.

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I think he means Olive Oil.

EVOO = EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL...

Sorry Pickles @Pickles Jones mate yeah I have the propensity to get caught up in Acronym land  : \

But yeah @Classic Brewing Co CBC's Champion Head Brewer is close to the mark for the final two Os 😋

The EV bit just means usually it is the first press of the festive olives and usually cold-pressed and not the dodgy stuff that has been half cooked to get the last drips out or undergone excessive processing.... 👍

I do think tho @Classic Brewing Co that the EVOO company from the link would sell very nice EVOO : )

(if you are over that side of the country🙂)

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Here’s the end result of the Flemish Beef Carbonade. worth doing in the oven at 120 for a few hours. Most important is to leave it overnight 

Normally served with chips but I had some the other day… my body being a temple  and all that 🏛

025592CE-0A11-483E-B9C0-7B8E3A98D687.jpeg

9FDD7EC2-1495-4E3D-84F5-C49A5013EB4B.jpeg

C7E14DD3-C4E6-420E-A221-6EDB2C7C084F.jpeg

• Like 3

On 2/5/2022 at 7:20 AM, Itinerant Peasant said:

Festive Bean and Onion Salad:

image.thumb.png.24a2b6acc10b9e53f8ff734da5f28eae.png 

And fermented Zook, Garlic and Chilli pickle:

image.thumb.png.707cb3e5d310d068241b2da429c164fb.png

Good for you IP! I hate to admit it (as in really, really hate to admit it), but the old veggies work wonders for me: keep me off the grog for a start. It’s a snowball effect: lots of veggies - off the grog - go to bed early - good night’s sleep….

BORING! but true

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, stquinto said:

How d’ya cook ‘em mate? Boil ‘em?

Hey Stquinta,

Here is something nicked from the web on Crabs, my mate & I go out & get them often ( in season ) this is fairly comprehensive but covers it all. I am sure @Hilltop hops follows a similar practice.  🦀

https://portvincentcaravanpark.com.au/how-to-cook-blue-swimmer-crabs-and-recipes/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

Good for you IP! I hate to admit it (as in really, really hate to admit it), but the old veggies work wonders for me: keep me off the grog for a start. It’s a snowball effect: lots of veggies - off the grog - go to bed early - good night’s sleep….

BORING! but true

Well I love my vegies too but sadly they don't keep me off the grog 🤔 not sure if that's a good or bad thing 😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Stquinta,

Here is something nicked from the web on Crabs, my mate & I go out & get them often ( in season ) this is fairly comprehensive but covers it all. I am sure @Hilltop hops follows a similar practice.  🦀

https://portvincentcaravanpark.com.au/how-to-cook-blue-swimmer-crabs-and-recipes/

Yep keep it simple, boiled in sea water. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, stquinto said:

the old veggies work wonders for me

👍👍👍

10 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well I love my vegies too but sadly they don't keep me off the grog 🤔 not sure if that's a good or bad thing 😛

Haha festive you gun Chefs!  Yeah I suspect that I am sadly more in @Classic Brewing Co Phil's corner - happy to veggie on up @stquinto and drink as well : \

But I agree wholeheartedly with all the other points as I do think they make yer feel better.

So... talking of veggies... trying to spruce up my Stir-Frying capability - and this one came out just beaut... yumbo scrumbo!  Think would shorted up the time for the onion tho. 

Think the ticket to the SF is short and hot hot hot.  Orangey looking blobs are a bit of sour-plum. 

image.thumb.png.e7f686074ef61e0b615ed8ca4cd678df.png

@stquinto Sainter mate have you got a recipe or weblink for that festive Flemish hotpot - looks sensational... help please. Is it a bit like a Goulasch w cream in it (hoping I am not going to offend the Flemish here 😬)

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 3

Sainter mate have you got a recipe or weblink for that festive Flemish hotpot - looks sensational... help please. Is it a bit like a Goulasch w cream in it (hoping I am not going to offend the Flemish here 😬)

Here you go mate :

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/carbonnade-la-flamande-give-your-stew-a-flemish-makeover

I put a bottle of my Belgian Dubbel in, and I instead of being on the stove top for the three hours, I put it in the oven at 140°C for 2 hours (and went to bed leaving it in - I started cooking at 10PM).

The next day I heated it back up to bubbling on the stove (scrape the bottom a bit so it doesn't burn), and back in the oven for an hour at 160°. 

Supposed to have chips with it but didn't want to over do it 😉

The beef shin cooked like that comes up a treat - deffo worth a go !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So... talking of veggies... trying to spruce up my Stir-Frying capability - and this one came out just beaut... yumbo scrumbo!  Think would shorted up the time for the onion tho. 

Think the ticket to the SF is short and hot hot hot.  Orangey looking blobs are a bit of sour-plum

they look bloody good mate - I reckon it's time for me to do a bit of a veggie "cure" and some more intensive sport. My Greek-God body is slacking a bit (unless you count looking like Baccus, even if he was Roman) 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, stquinto said:

Here you go mate :

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/carbonnade-la-flamande-give-your-stew-a-flemish-makeover

I put a bottle of my Belgian Dubbel in...

The beef shin cooked like that comes up a treat - deffo worth a go !

Yummy - thanks Sainter - does not look too complex and really like the oven simplicity mate - luvyerwork.

Have grabbed the recipe off the web for future opportunities ; )

Thank you

image.thumb.png.718cd704b5cc3c99fbc9f186d95069f5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Yummy - thanks Sainter - does not look too complex and really like the oven simplicity mate - luvyerwork.

Have grabbed the recipe off the web for future opportunities ; )

Thank you

image.thumb.png.718cd704b5cc3c99fbc9f186d95069f5.png

Go for it mate IP !

Just had a second night’s dinner off it… this time I went for oven chips. Bloody wonderful after 3 days 👍

Go for it, I’ll be going for your stir-fried vege next week 😀

92F123A8-A46A-450D-9EDF-08F40B95C070.jpeg

• Haha 2