Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

22 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

You are a bugger @RDT2 , cooking up some tasty looking morsel's like these and not inviting any of us, they look superb!

What was the rub / coating ?

One was a Texan steak rub and the other was homemade with raw sugar, salt, pepper (coarsely  ground), mustard powder, onion powder, garlic powder hard to say which one was my favourite. The Texan one had chilli in it so the other was more family friendly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Yeah Phil, I have a few of them. If I get at least three recipes from a book I consider it worthwhile. I still consult them even if I know the recipe. Reminds me of what the dish is supposed to look like if all goes well. Apart from books by Nigella Lawson, well, just look at the pictures anyway, whether there's food in them or not 🤣

Pervert 🤔

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Pervert 🤔

I have to admit that I like Nigella's c( . ) ( . )king lesson videos as well.  Makes me hungry and want more.  Apparently she is coming down under to do some shows here this year.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, iBooz2 said:

I have to admit that I like Nigella's C( . ) ( . )king lesson videos as well.  Makes me hungry and want more.  Apparently she is coming down under to do some shows here this year.

Yes she is great, I watch her along with Rick Stein, Gordon & quite a few others. I get your graphics & I agree 😃 nice face too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/20/2022 at 11:41 PM, RDT2 said:

Brined some chicken breasts then cooked them low and slow using the snake method on the Webber smoked with apple wood turned out delicious and moist will be doing again so much flavour.

D8E0719E-D3E3-44AA-89B8-7FF15ACDD485.jpeg

EC3AD380-791A-48A6-8213-317EB78E491B.jpeg

I agree mate , did these for Xmas day- beautiful. Actually best chicken breast I've ever had. Nice work mate

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mickep said:

I agree mate , did these for Xmas day- beautiful. Actually best chicken breast I've ever had. Nice work mate

Thanks mate. Next time I might do one that’s not brined to see the difference in moisture. My Christmas Day was a total fire ban so no kettle Weber ☹️

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 3

Just now, RDT2 said:
3 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Thanks mate. Next time I might do one that’s not brined to see the difference in moisture. 

Yeah, I thought for sure the breast would be dry - but this method is pretty good. Beautiful and tender....great cold as well.

I'm assuming cooking temp plays a big role in the outcome, but so to could the wet brine - I soaked mine for a couple of days and can't remember the temp of the meat when I took it off the heat but it was just at "safe level" and then well rested. Your rub and description of the wet brine sounds very close to what I'd used.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Yeah, I thought for sure the breast would be dry - but this method is pretty good. Beautiful and tender....great cold as well.

I'm assuming cooking temp plays a big role in the outcome, but so to could the wet brine - I soaked mine for a couple of days and can't remember the temp of the meat when I took it off the heat but it was just at "safe level" and then well rested. Your rub and description of the wet brine sounds very close to what I'd used.

I cooked mine to 75c, still okay.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RDT2 said:
8 minutes ago, Mickep said:

I cooked mine to 75c, still okay.

Yeah, that's about where I took mine to - from my faulty memory I think it was a tad lower - maybe 72 off the heat and rest to 75 deg.

It really was the best chicken breast I've eaten - I'll def do it again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Yeah, that's about where I took mine to - from my faulty memory I think it was a tad lower - maybe 72 off the heat and rest to 75 deg.

It really was the best chicken breast I've eaten - I'll def do it again.

I was going to take mine off earlier but went to Bunnings and got distracted came back 75. Thought it would be dry but was all good 👍 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Brew Day today so I decided on a simple T-Bone on the Barbie tonight with some Chicken Spinach & Pine Nut sausages, very ordinary but packed with flavour,  Unlike some of our Mediterranean members I actually prefer to cook the meat. 🤣

20220224_195511.thumb.jpg.948017444f9f9fc8fede44031e8167de.jpg20220224_200340.thumb.jpg.dbd034da332d5263af7305d66a1a84ad.jpg 

Looks bloody appetising Phil! I might even accept a medium rare for once 👍

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Brew Day today so I decided on a simple T-Bone on the Barbie tonight with some Chicken Spinach & Pine Nut sausages, very ordinary but packed with flavour,  Unlike some of our Mediterranean members I actually prefer to cook the meat. 🤣

20220224_195511.thumb.jpg.948017444f9f9fc8fede44031e8167de.jpg20220224_200340.thumb.jpg.dbd034da332d5263af7305d66a1a84ad.jpg 

Steak looks good Classic and so too the snags.......although the steak looks like it's been a tad over done for my liking - I prefer it mooing like our brother Brewer Ol' Sainter.  Looks beautiful mate!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Steak looks good Classic and so too the snags.......although the steak looks like it's been a tad over done for my liking - I prefer it mooing like our brother Brewer Ol' Sainter.  Looks beautiful mate!

Cheers, I can eat a steak medium as long as it is seared correctly & rested, I don't mind the pink centre but I don't want to see blood.

On the small BBQ it's awkward to adjust & maintain the temperature but it is not worth firing up the big boy just for one mid-week steak. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Zucchinis going well...  doing low carb - so Brat-zucchini rather than Bratkartoffel (potatoes w onion and speck/bacon)...

was quite nice for a change : )

image.thumb.png.e025aa5a3517000f6e7e6e7f21e23b11.png

Love barbecued zucchini 😋

• Like 2