Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Last night's dinner, spicy chicken wings ( I ate more than 4 )   I really went to work on them with chilli's out of the garden, very humble but very nice.

20220217_200431.thumb.jpg.93278936b56b498e49f58723e8ab06a6.jpg

Looks a beautiful balanced meal mate 👍 Are those Borlotti beans ? I quite like to have some beany-type things as a side, chick peas, or lentils. Great stuff !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stquinto said:

Looks a beautiful balanced meal mate 👍 Are those Borlotti beans ? I quite like to have some beany-type things as a side, chick peas, or lentils. Great stuff !

Cheers Stqinta they are ordinary old red kidney bean, drained, rinsed well & I added chilli & red onion. There is a lot of chilli going on here & you may notice the purple basil from the garden - overall a party in your mouth. 🥳

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Cheers Stqinta they are ordinary old red kidney bean, drained, rinsed well & I added chilli & red onion. There is a lot of chilli going on here & you may notice the purple basil from the garden - overall a party in your mouth. 🥳

Can't beat good and colourful. First it looks good (nothing more sorry to look at than a plate on curries in different shades of beige, even if they taste good), second it's good for you. Kind of compensates for the poison in the booze 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

@Classic Brewing Co Phil the wings - well the whole lot looks great - now - were the wingers baked - deep fried - or shallow fried or? After a rub with the hot-hot or marinade?

I marinated them overnight in Soy Sauce, Apple Cider Vinegar, Honey, Chilli, Pepper, Salt & Dry Sherry, you can also use Chinese Shaoxing Wine or you can use Port. I simply lined a baking tray & baked them in a 180c oven for 45 minutes, you can do them at a lower temp in a fan forced oven but I was hungry. They are bloody good, even cold. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Can't beat good and colourful. First it looks good (nothing more sorry to look at than a plate on curries in different shades of beige, even if they taste good), second it's good for you. Kind of compensates for the poison in the booze 😉

We eat with our eyes, I've hung around too many chefs - but that's what they keep telling me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

Yep medium rare, beef is getting expensive now so I probably have a steak once or twice a week. 

Agreed mate, what is going on with beef and lamb prices here? Anything which is half decent costs over 50-60 bucks a kilo.

I'm tending to eat more pork and seafood these days. Ripper steak by the way.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Quick Friday night feed for me. Grilled veg and T bone, can't go wrong. 

11 hours ago, stquinto said:

Looks great mate ! Way to go without the carbs...

Great stuff @Hilltop hops HH am trying to move to that way of eating now and I believe it can be done - as @stquinto Sainter notes - looks great... and no carbs... good stuff.

12 hours ago, Mickep said:

Deep fried rehydrated sundried chilli pork, deep fried chicken strips, pork and prawn shumai, and Thai pork larb (salad).

That is just another SENSATIONAL feed @Mickep mate -- love Pork Larb - yummmmmmm - and I could go with it all pretty much but cut the rice... and for the time being am not doing dumplings either with the flower... the rest tho is the ticket... but I might need a fire hydrant for me mouth to cool the chilli  😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

That is just another SENSATIONAL feed @Mickep mate -- love Pork Larb - yummmmmmm - and I could go with it all pretty much but cut the rice... and for the time being am not doing dumplings either with the flower... the rest tho is the ticket... but I might need a fire hydrant for me mouth to cool the chilli  😆

It was IP @Itinerant Peasantmate. I'm blessed to have a Thai person in my life. SHMBO is an outstanding cook. Taught me a lot about the heat in food and how best to use it. I love Larb as well, it's the best. She uses a special ingredient in her salad that takes it to another level, it's a North Thai (Issan) thing. Burnt rice. Jasmine rice browned in a pan with salt, cooked until a brownish color but not black. Then crushed in a blender. When you add a couple of TSP's of this to the dressing it'll make it pop. Basically she uses Lime juice, fish sauce, chillies (birdseye thinly sliced) soy, sugar, and a mint mixes all th liquid ingredients together and adds the crushed cooked rice into that. It's blaaaarrrdy beautiful mate. 

274011009_279544990952603_7660351009398585573_n.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mickep said:

It's blaaaarrrdy beautiful mate. 

You are definitely one very fortunate Brewer @Mickep Mick 🙂

7 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Lime juice, fish sauce, chillies (birdseye thinly sliced) soy, sugar, and a mint mixes all th liquid ingredients together and adds the crushed cooked rice into tha

Yumbo Scrumbo haha! 🥳

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Agreed mate, what is going on with beef and lamb prices here? Anything which is half decent costs over 50-60 bucks a kilo.

I'm tending to eat more pork and seafood these days. Ripper steak by the way.

I agree with you there, Chicken is still very affordable & it is so versatile but you can't beat a good steak now & then.

• Like 2

What's on the Menu? 

image.thumb.png.acc0d589a27e14fe439657e627a1a158.png

Yesterday and Today - not a lot - doing the fasting thing... 

Thank goodness for fizzy water, fresh mint, fresh lime -- and in the bubbly drink a few floating frozen raspberries.

Looking forward to tomorrow 👍

• Haha 2
  • Sad 4