Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

25 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Trying to continue lower carb but tasty and interesting:

image.thumb.png.c33aae402f90967c0f59aa441a577009.png

The Papadum made in the microwave does have a few carbs but the total grammes of intake is small... yer gotta live dangerously 😆

26 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Trying to continue lower carb but tasty and interesting:

An interesting array of culinary delights there IP, I love Smoked Salmon & I also notice you have unsalted peanuts in your stir fry,

Good Boy. 🏆

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Of course, but what I actually meant was it hadn't hit the pan yet which explains the rare look. 🍷

I am having it tonight, I used up some snags last night.

That would explain it then mate! I wondered if you’d overcooked it or something 🤣

• Haha 2

On 2/13/2022 at 6:42 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

could be a bit of a trap living 900m from one of Glenelg's bigger Hotels 

I just plotted the journey from my place to the local pub on Google Maps. It says 400m but I think that's only relevant for the trip TO the pub. The walk home is much, much, much further. 😉 

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

I just plotted the journey from my place to the local pub on Google Maps. It says 400m but I think that's only relevant for the trip TO the pub. The walk home is much, much, much further. 😉 

I am assuming your local would probably be the OG or maybe the Hampstead but there are a few out in that area.

I can drive to the Watermark in 3 minutes but to walk with a dodgy knee would be about 20 minutes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

First time I've had a crack at sun drying meat - worked well, no humidity and the summer sun with a bit of breeze. The Brides Thai mate, so she's an expert with the chilli and the heat....The Thai's are so good at balancing the heat with the sweet and the salt - everything has lime juice, chilli and fish sauce, soy, sugar  and garlic in it. Love it.

No Cab Sav unfortunately although my daughter and son in law gave a pinot for Xmas - really nice drop.

272449537_500983941630717_2942580871323233673_n.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mickep said:

First time I've had a crack at sun drying meat - worked well, no humidity and the summer sun with a bit of breeze. The Brides Thai mate, so she's an expert with the chilli and the heat....The Thai's are so good at balancing the heat with the sweet and the salt - everything has lime juice, chilli and fish sauce, soy, sugar  and garlic in it. Love it.

No Cab Sav unfortunately although my daughter and son in law gave a pinot for Xmas - really nice drop.

Yes all of the classic Thai flavours, I could drink red or white with it also ( & beer if there was no wine 😂 )

Balancing the sweet, the sour, the heat is an art, they know how to do it. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Mickep said:

A little bit of this and a little bit of that.

Sun dried seasoned pork neck strips.  Paw paw salad (HOT as #%*!) And a cabbage and pork stir fry - also rather hot.

273835569_736788780580920_2096658229299732696_n.jpg

273838683_6977677888972804_8026746034811090186_n.jpg

273760531_322884166448212_1833597916401454676_n.jpg

273894460_523968425719590_8064401790838577486_n (1).jpg

Looks awesome mate! Giving me ideas for when I’m out of the meat-free cooler…

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, stquinto said:

I tell you what Sainter, the sun dried meat is fantastic.....it's a North Thai (Issan) delicacy - that's where SWMBO is from. They love sun drying stuff. the amount of spices and salt that went on that meat (pork neck) was enough to cook it on it's own without drying it out in the sun....really great idea and rehydrates well when added to Thai soups etc. Here's hoping you're outta that meat free cooler real soon- I was vego for a few years a life time ago, I think it traumatised me for life - And it was back in the day when all there was to eat was the vege and rice. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mickep said:

I tell you what Sainter, the sun dried meat is fantastic.....it's a North Thai (Issan) delicacy - that's where SWMBO is from. They love sun drying stuff. the amount of spices and salt that went on that meat (pork neck) was enough to cook it on it's own without drying it out in the sun....really great idea and rehydrates well when added to Thai soups etc. Here's hoping you're outta that meat free cooler real soon- I was vego for a few years a life time ago, I think it traumatised me for life - And it was back in the day when all there was to eat was the vege and rice. 

@stquinto keeps being a naughty boy & penance is justly served 🤣 first he couldn't buy grog & now he's stuck on Fruit & Veg, so who's to blame. I love my veges  as much as my meat but I don't want to give up either, but we do what we have to do.

Suffer Baby, Suffer 🍎

• Haha 3

On 2/17/2022 at 3:00 PM, Mickep said:

A little bit of this and a little bit of that.

MAGIC @Mickep

Truly Wonderful Mate beautiful beautiful yumbo scrumbo!!!

I do love a Green Papaya Salad but am happy with the medium heat version not the Cranium boiling versions ; )

• Haha 2

@stquinto Sainter if you are doing the veggo thing for a bit... have a crack at the below mate... puts a bit of spice and firy life into not eating meat... 

On 2/17/2022 at 4:00 PM, stquinto said:

https://www.seriouseats.com/vegan-food-mapo-tofu-vegetarian-sichuan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

@stquinto Sainter if you are doing the veggo thing for a bit... have a crack at the below mate... puts a bit of spice and firy life into not eating meat... 

https://www.seriouseats.com/vegan-food-mapo-tofu-vegetarian-sichuan

Awesome IP mate ! Tonight was going to be Chinese night, I'll give that a bash 👍

• Like 1