Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

15 minutes ago, stquinto said:

second night’s dinner off it… this time I went for oven chips.

Wow Yum that looks sooooooo good Sainter!

I think the ol' hot deep fried potato chips with nice meaty sauce thing is a bit of a Belgian thing is it not?

So nil cream - just a bit of flour and then reduction and slow long cook for that beautiful thick creamy sauce?

You blokes and your blaaardy chips - far out - here I am trying to do low carb and you blokes keep rolling out the ripper magnificent hot chips - how am I supposed to put up with that and not go bonkers? 🤣

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Wow Yum that looks sooooooo good Sainter!

I think the ol' hot deep fried potato chips with nice meaty sauce thing is a bit of a Belgian thing is it not?

So nil cream - just a bit of flour and then reduction and slow long cook for that beautiful thick creamy sauce?

You blokes and your blaaardy chips - far out - here I am trying to do low carb and you blokes keep rolling out the ripper magnificent hot chips - how am I supposed to put up with that and not go bonkers? 🤣

No cream mate! I reckon the oven is better than the stovetop though. Gotta be real careful no to burn the flour, quite easily done in a cast iron pot. 
The chips are bloody good I must admit….

I’ll be trying your stir-fry next week though, last blow-out this weekend 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, stquinto said:

No cream mate! I reckon the oven is better than the stovetop though. Gotta be real careful no to burn the flour, quite easily done in a cast iron pot. 
The chips are bloody good I must admit….

I’ll be trying your stir-fry next week though, last blow-out this weekend 🤣

I am having Barramundi, Chips & salad tonight - watch this space 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

There was more salad

Laaarve a good Coleslaw @Classic Brewing Co Phil - any secrets?

Or any of you other Brewer Coleslaw Guns out there?

I caught up a with Chef mate on the weekend and she makes great Coleslaw for her little Café and reckons adding some apple is good - onion - carrot besides the cabbage - and then the dressing a good Mayo - Maple Syrup - and Apple Cider Vinegar...  Blllllaaardy Cabbages are a bit expensive up here at the moment tho ☹️

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Ok Barramundi, Chips & Coleslaw, I got a bit lazy in the end, overstayed at the Pub, as you do, Stquinta here is the fish & chips lazy style

There was more salad & wine but as I said I got a bit lazy. 😩

20220212_201209.thumb.jpg.4cbe60d0a6780eb0c330520255a23b23.jpg20220212_201550.thumb.jpg.fd688eebf355d0dc2bd6f781973b2dcb.jpg

Looks blooygood Phil - I can see the colour in the batter 👍

I agree with IP about the coleslaw, looks fantastic mate 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Laaarve a good Coleslaw @Classic Brewing Co Phil - any secrets?

Or any of you other Brewer Coleslaw Guns out there?

I caught up a with Chef mate on the weekend and she makes great Coleslaw for her little Café and reckons adding some apple is good - onion - carrot besides the cabbage - and then the dressing a good Mayo - Maple Syrup - and Apple Cider Vinegar...  Blllllaaardy Cabbages are a bit expensive up here at the moment tho ☹️

All of that is correct, I love apple in coleslaw & apple cider vinegar, nice, it has to have a crunch & be tangy. Spring Onion or Chives are also good.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Looks blooygood Phil - I can see the colour in the batter 👍

I agree with IP about the coleslaw, looks fantastic mate 

Cheers Mate but as I said we ended up having a few more than planned - could be a bit of a trap living 900m from one of Glenelg's bigger Hotels but what do you do, the colour, taste of turmeric combined with chili & pepper & salt is awesome, my presentation was a bit ugly but next time it will be better. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Cheers Mate but as I said we ended up having a few more than planned - could be a bit of a trap living 900m from one of Glenelg's bigger Hotels but what do you do, the colour, taste of turmeric combined with chili & pepper & salt is awesome, my presentation was a bit ugly but next time it will be better. Cheers.

900m? Dangerous! Got to watch yourself with the fryer if the “apéro” lasts too long. For a start I put away my really sharp knives, I even managed to slice my finger wiping parsley off a double-bladed hereb-chopper 😳

Looks ace though

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mickep said:

A bit of a before and after.

Thai Pork, Green curry chicken, and cracked pepper and sage pork snags. A little Thai chilli stir fry added in as a side.

273488683_414917580384803_6396718003560771300_n.jpg

273505591_396885188905099_5908640974584190998_n.jpg

273539163_927338751260957_5188151252850006145_n.jpg

273577610_1076536713191111_548655935957842715_n.jpg

273611990_5425681310779686_2376762283297019393_n.jpg

They look amazing Mick! Nice stir fry veg too… that’s me next week 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

900m? Dangerous! Got to watch yourself with the fryer if the “apéro” lasts too long. For a start I put away my really sharp knives, I even managed to slice my finger wiping parsley off a double-bladed hereb-chopper 😳

Looks ace though

I know what you mean, fortunately I have had a lot of experience with sharp knives & being the kitchen, a session at the Pub is not recommended beforehand however I think a lot depends on your choice of dish & how much went down your neck 🍹

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, stquinto said:

A bit of a before and after.

Thai Pork, Green curry chicken, and cracked pepper and sage pork snags. A little Thai chilli stir fry added in as a side.

Good looking snags @stquinto have you ever stir fried the whole meal ? I quite often ( with a very sharp knife ) slice the sausages diagonally before cooking & get them started in the wok before adding vegetables ( also sliced diagonally ) in order of hardness. 

Depending on the type of sausage you can add sauce/paste/seasonings to taste & I like it with rice or noodles, it makes a change from grilled/BBQ sausages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got invited... fortunately managed to find an errant 1125 Swingtop (ex Canadian Ale Bottle from a Mate who got it years ago) and chill it down, which fortunately despite my poor labelling of bottles had a relatively recent (few months old by now) nice AG 'Larger" in it that my friends all enjoyed ; )  The food was v v nice:

image.png.ed9e31ccd8eb0d3f8712acbf21045b83.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Got invited... fortunately managed to find an errant 1125 Swingtop (ex Canadian Ale Bottle from a Mate who got it years ago) and chill it down, which fortunately despite my poor labelling of bottles had a relatively recent (few months old by now) nice AG 'Larger" in it that my friends all enjoyed ; )  The food was v v nice:

image.png.ed9e31ccd8eb0d3f8712acbf21045b83.png

Looks bloody there IP! Whatcha got - some ribs, some wings, what’s on the left?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Looks bloody there IP! Whatcha got - some ribs, some wings, what’s on the left?

@stquinto Fishies butterflied and baked in wokky sorta pan w festive spicy sauce on barbie under the hood then topped w veggies late... The 'Dead Hen' was smoked... the breast meat was lovely most smokey and tender yumbo.   And nice Wombok salad... 

image.thumb.png.4b996f78578a19281eefde67c8883c75.png

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

@stquinto Fishies butterflied and baked in wokky sorta pan w festive spicy sauce on barbie under the hood then topped w veggies late... The 'Dead Hen' was smoked... the breast meat was lovely most smokey and tender yumbo.   And nice Wombok salad... 

image.thumb.png.4b996f78578a19281eefde67c8883c75.png

Looks very nice, fish is versatile with Asian flavours, did you find out what fish it was ? Trout, Flatties ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks very nice, fish is versatile with Asian flavours, did you find out what fish it was ? Trout, Flatties ??

No sorry @Classic Brewing Co Phil but I can guarantee that it had lots of bones and the sauce was vv nice!

There was Tofu in there as well which soaked up the sauce very well and was great... am not that fired up about Tofu in general but that version was great.  I have had another version of Tofu per the below 'Serious Eats' Recipe and that too is very very good... but does have beef mince with it as well: 

https://www.seriouseats.com/real-deal-mapo-dofu-tofu-chinese-sichuan-recipe

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

No sorry @Classic Brewing Co Phil but I can guarantee that it had lots of bones and the sauce was vv nice!

There was Tofu in there as well which soaked up the sauce very well and was great... am not that fired up about Tofu in general but that version was great.  I have had another version of Tofu per the below 'Serious Eats' Recipe and that too is very very good... but does have beef mince with it as well: 

https://www.seriouseats.com/real-deal-mapo-dofu-tofu-chinese-sichuan-recipe

As long as it was nice, I don't like Tofu but everything else sounds great. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1