Coopers Community

What Are You Growing? 2021

ben 10

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

Funny you should mention Chilli/nectarine jam @Classic Brewing Co, I am slaving over a hot stove right now, looking after a batch of nectarine jam. This year we have made net bags for the best branches on our nectarine tree to keep the fruit fly out. And it works!

20231204_135237[1].jpg

20231204_135502[1].jpg

Looks good Jenny, my jam is mainly for Cheese Boards/Charcuterie etc. & it's hot. 

NCTARINE CHILI JAM.txt

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2

On 11/19/2023 at 1:02 PM, Triple B Brewing said:

@Classic Brewing Co, if you haven’t grown or tried the “Carolina Reaper” before, my humble advice is from someone who loves chilli, be REALLY CAREFUL as they can do actual harm - really important to wash your hands after handling them.

Personally, I didn’t like them as they were too hot - I ended up using mine for insect control 🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🔥❤️‍🔥☄️🥵🥵

What's your insect control recipe there TB?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

What's your insect control recipe there TB?

Hey Greenie,

Mate I haven’t made any for ages and can’t put my hands on the recipe I used, but here’s a website with a couple that look very close to what I used. I believe the trick is the use of some dishwashing liquid in the mixture which makes the solution stick to the plant you want to protect.

Chilli Garden Spray Recipes

Hope you find something there that tickles ya fancy @Greenyinthewestofsydney and don’t forget to protect your eyes especially when making and or handling the spray (and washing your hands when ya done) 😉

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Braved the rain and pulled in this nice little harvest. Going on home made pizza tonight.

20231210_143050.jpg

Looks good Paley, my tomatoes are green but coming along, a few days of sunshine would be good after all of this rain to ripen them up. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks good Paley, my tomatoes are green but coming along, a few days of sunshine would be good after all of this rain to ripen them up. 

We planted early this year to hopefully avoid the heat of summer that usually destroys tomato plants in Whyalla. Quite a few are ripening now, going excellent. Really sweet, tasty and juicy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pale Man said:

We planted early this year to hopefully avoid the heat of summer that usually destroys tomato plants in Whyalla. Quite a few are ripening now, going excellent. Really sweet, tasty and juicy.

Yeah, I didn't plant until later, but it doesn't get that hot down here in paradise aka Glenelg.

I have chilis everywhere & lots of herbs including pots, but I don't have a lot of ground room for other vegetables.

• Like 3

Zucchini is going good this year as well as Tomato just not any ripe atm. 

L

Second round of lettuce has decided to stall and go to seed early 😡

Got a few good cucumbers but I fear I over fertilised that garden bed this year as it's burning the leaves and drying it out despite good watering.

Other years in the same conditions they were bushy and going good. Even though they love to climb I usually let them climb for a bit then branch out but not taking this year.

20231216_105949.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

Just picked these this morning, the yellow Roma's are so tasty. The patch is looking a bit wild but plenty of fruit! 20240121_102516.thumb.jpg.a537ac8a9fa69d6a5ff96c6de0ba9d0a.jpg

20240121_102912.jpg

Good stuff, I staggered the planting of mine, you can see the bigger ones at the back, not a lot of room, but heaps of Tomatoes & Chili's.

Great fun in the backyard with the vegetables, BBQ & beer. 🇦🇺

I also have the "Yellow Mellow" from Bunnings along with another Golden variety, beautiful taste & a heavy cropper.

20240121_105605.jpg

20240121_105746.jpg

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

My tomato plants going unreal but fruit is really slowing down. Maybe the bounty I got November December stressed them out?

IMG_20240121_151639_HDR.jpg

Geez mate those plants are on fire....hope they keep on giving.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Good stuff, I staggered the planting of mine, you can see the bigger ones at the back, not a lot of room, but heaps of Tomatoes & Chili's.

Great fun in the backyard with the vegetables, BBQ & beer. 🇦🇺

I also have the "Yellow Mellow" from Bunnings along with another Golden variety, beautiful taste & a heavy cropper.

20240121_105605.jpg

20240121_105746.jpg

Wonderful stuff Phil - looking great.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...