Coopers Community

Beer glasses - where do you buy them?

yab

Can anyone recommend a place to get reasonable quality nice beer glasses at a reasonable price? I am after a couple of pilsener glasses (tall ones on a stem) and a couple of stout glasses (balloon shape)...

4 hours ago, Lab Rat said:

Coles are doing the Spegelau pils glasses pretty cheap, even cheaper if you've got the credits form the current flyby promo. I got a pair for free.

If only they had any left. Wine glasses as far as the eye can see but out of the 5 shops I went to, not a single beer glass. 

5 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

Maybe because they've barred the bastards stealing glasses? 😄

That's nothing, back in the day, early 80's when Sunday drinking 1st started. The local had a Sunday session that would have 100' and 100's there. My mate lived across the road and when the band was over and the bar was closing 1/2 a dozen of us would pick up bar stools and walk out with them. Naturally being regulars the security knew us and when challenged we would say "Hey we will bring them back tomorrow" we would then head out across the road like a trail of caterpillars, sit on the verandah drink piss until it ran out and crash. The next day all of us would walk back to the pub with the stools, sit at the bar again and continue. We all had mondays off, oh those were the days. Oh to be in my mid 20's again.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ebay has headmasters schooners (SA pints 😄 ) down to $2.50. Seller has 99.9^ rep on 17,800 sales so reliable seller.  Or $3.95 with $7 flat rate shipping - I tried entering 10 and still only $7 making them total of $4.45 each. They claim they're commercial quality, 75,800 sales and 99.7% rep.

Now do I order some or hold off and get more ingredients while I get some savings? 😄 

BTW for ebay my rule is they can lose 0.1% rep for every 1000 sales because stuff happens and some people are never happy. Get too much over that and I suspect the seller or product isn't up to scratch.

21 minutes ago, Waynealford said:

Went to St Vinnies, picked up 2 schooners (ARC 425ml) for $1 each.  Good quality, will be looking around more op shops so I have more than 2......

If they're headmasters that's an excellent find. Not too bad even if they aren't. 

24 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

If they're headmasters that's an excellent find. Not too bad even if they aren't. 

They weren't, but they are solid.  I have 1 Headmaster, it's a squash trophy!!  Sings like a bird when I run my finger around the wet rim 🙂

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 4:46 PM, MartyG1525230263 said:

Security Ha Ha,  Woombye Pub has no security.  It is luck to have a few patrons.  

Think I got tossed out of that pub yrs ago on an end of season footy trip pub crawl 🤣🤣

Was it called the Woombye Criterion Hotel MartyG ?