Coopers Community

Beer glasses - where do you buy them?

yab

Got some at Ikea yesterday for $3 each.

They are similar to the Stella Artois glasses (and the one pictured above with the stem), not sure what the proper name for these are.

It’s like when you are a kid and get new shoes and can run faster in them - my beer looks and tastes way better in these new glasses!

Have bought all my beer glasses from there, they are usually $2-3 and good quality, considering you can pay $20 for a glass I reckon it’s good value from the Swedes.

Cheers

James

Edited by James Lao
More info

10 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

You back brewing a fine drop after the nasty injury there a little while ago @Hairy ?

Not yet. Rehab is going slower than expected and I am now wearing some form of medieval tourture device to get movement back. It’ll get there, just slowly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hairy said:

Not yet. Rehab is going slower than expected and I am now wearing some form of medieval tourture device to get movement back. It’ll get there, just slowly.

Good stuff.  Yes mate these things take time and when yer not a spring chicken anymore somehow it takes even longer.

Good luck with that mate.

So what was that brew in the Aussie Day glasses - if you are not back brewing - get a keg from Rusty P?

Edited by Bearded Burbler

On 1/30/2020 at 8:03 PM, James Lao said:

None of my beer glasses go in the dishwasher, rinsed and cleaned with a little detergent and rinsed again.

Every now and then they get a bath of sodium percarbonate.

Hmm, I wonder if sodium perc would clean up some of mine

Still, I have plenty of others that travel just fine in the dishwasher, including other Ikea ones come to think of it

Edited by King Ruddager