Coopers Community

Custom Beer Labels

Hey Guys,

Anyone ever done your own Custom Beer Labels, they are available commercially - online designers etc, but I do my own graphics with my advertising products & this particular site is very basic & very hard to make them look impressive ( see attached samples ) I will be creating some new designs over the holiday period. Should be concentrating getting the beer right first, I know. Cheers.

design.thumb.png.ceb5b0a283e670256316e72a154263c9.png

design (2).png

• Like 7

Hi Captain,

The online designer is  a company called Utopia - that section on the labels comes with it, can't be edited, but there are more sophisticated sites around. You can actually do the whole lot yourself even buy the special labels to use on your home printer. They are good for presents, but why give away your grog !!

• Like 1

I think they are a great idea. Particularly for those who Poo Hoo homebrewed beer. Like my bro-in-law. I could make a sytle he likes but not as bad, he is a Great Northern Crisp can drinker,  bottle a few and give him tell him a BS story where they came from and see what he thinks.  Would have to extract most of the flavour though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/1/2020 at 11:17 AM, CLASSIC said:

Hey Guys,

Anyone ever done your own Custom Beer Labels, they are available commercially - online designers etc, but I do my own graphics with my advertising products & this particular site is very basic & very hard to make them look impressive ( see attached samples ) I will be creating some new designs over the holiday period. Should be concentrating getting the beer right first, I know. Cheers.

design.thumb.png.ceb5b0a283e670256316e72a154263c9.png

design (2).png

Looks good mate, need to change the Larger to Lager though 👍

• Haha 2

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, TonySchmidt said:

I bought a USD $8 lifetime premium membership to https://www.beerlabelizer.com/

you can save your label designs and download as PDF. For printing I actually use https://app.print.avery.com as I use this brand of label from office works. Very easy to add your own design.

BFF5760C-67D1-4709-9895-2CE12C078F75.jpeg

AC19F243-8BCA-4FBE-9E8A-7E4B4CF9779A.jpeg

FB99CD2D-142F-4BED-B20C-C8EDC0BAF45A.jpeg

CEDD91BA-0110-425B-B15D-EBF710327005.jpeg

Guessing your another Brisvegas local then @TonySchmidt?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/4/2020 at 8:13 PM, TonySchmidt said:

I bought a USD $8 lifetime premium membership to https://www.beerlabelizer.com/

you can save your label designs and download as PDF. For printing I actually use https://app.print.avery.com as I use this brand of label from office works. Very easy to add your own design.

AC19F243-8BCA-4FBE-9E8A-7E4B4CF9779A.jpeg

hey tony, so once these labels are on the bottles they are pretty much made to stay yeah ? and you can keep re using the same bottles again and again even after repeated uses and continued washing etc ?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These are great!

I've been thinking of labelling a few from each batch to hold onto. 

Or any batch I do that is for special occasions/requests. Just fun and creativity and a lil bit of pride 🙂 

How do folks go with labels VS re-using bottles?

• 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, Boot Straps said:

@CLASSIC Phil, this thread kind of just died out. One question that came up a few times was how do the labels stand up to washing and how hard are they to take off.

Hi @Boot Straps  I did labels for ages but if they are only printed on plain paper, pretty much cattle trucked after a couple of washes, however vinyl labels, more expensive last for a while.

It depends on how vigorous you are with washing the bottles, obviously the inside is more important.

I cut them back just for gifts or special occasions but you feel like a goose asking for the empty bottles back 😬

• Like 1