Coopers Community

Lawns and Gardens

Beer Baron

Bring me the inspiration guys.

We’ve just bought a massive project. 8.5 acres with a cottage, a jacaranda tree, a miniature rose, 4 frangipani trees and a hedge across the front. The rest is just paddocks and gum trees.

The cottage needs a bit of work, but we’re looking to fix that up and move another house onto the block for us, and have the cottage for the in-laws.

And, it’s all tank water! There is a small dam down the back which we’re hoping to use for the new veggie gardens once it gets some water in it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Clearly a two hole golf course is the way to go here 🤣

I like the way your thinking. Was looking at a golf buggy on the police auction website as a run around!

Could tee off from where we’re looking to put the new house. Would do ok down the hill with a dog left left over to the dam.

Then 2 would come back up the hill towards the cottage, missing the big gums on the right, to dog leg right and put the flag down the bottom near the front corner.

Not sure if I’d get it past the horse committee though.

Edited by NewBrews
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Lettucegrove said:

So was this a blast with the gernie and... stained?

Yep.  Blasted the deck surface first.  Then coated with Cabot's Merbau Natural Decking Oil.

I realised when I was well into the deck blasting, that I should have been blasting all the cream bits too.  But that would have taken a lot longer, so I'll leave that for another day.

I am really happy with the way it looks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lettucegrove said:

@Shamus O'Sean it looks mint mate. My deck needs a bit of attention, after seeing this I reckon it could go the same treatment as yours.

I do know what you mean.  I did mine a few years ago now and it was suffering from a lack of attention.  There was a lot of weathering on the left side in the photo.  I hoped that a gernie would clean things up, which it did.

Masking tape on the perimeter took a while. 

I had forgotten how quick it was to actually coat the boards with one of those lambs wool pads on a stick.  I could basically do six boards wide at a time.

Total area just under 50 square metres.

Go for it man.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lettucegrove said:

@Shamus O'Sean it looks mint mate. My deck needs a bit of attention, after seeing this I reckon it could go the same treatment as yours.

Yeah @Shamus O'Sean great job mate looks a million bux.... so @Lettucegrove Lettuce SOS has thrown down the gauntlet mate... we will be waiting to view the positive outcome 😝

I did my 'back deck' last night (cooler without the sun) with the ride-on while trying not to swallow too many bugs haha!  😋

image.thumb.png.2d626a59fd3fc2b757fb5f84e2cd860e.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Is your bar set up in this area, Shamus? Would be the perfect place for it.

Nar.  The bar is inside for convenience.  And the "bar" is just a kegerator decorated with a few tap labels, a couple of beer jugs and a small Coopers beer runner that fits perfectly.

You are giving me something to think about though.  I just need to control the outside temperature and the mozzies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Nar.  The bar is inside for convenience.  And the "bar" is just a kegerator decorated with a few tap labels, a couple of beer jugs and a small Coopers beer runner that fits perfectly.

You are giving me something to think about though.  I just need to control the outside temperature and the mozzies.

It beats my bar, which is a bar fridge.
The only advice I can offer is get a fan and some Aerogard but it does look a nice spot sip a few quiet ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
40 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

Had some fairly bad patches for a number of years that would not grow. Spent considerable time rejuvenating this patch over the growing season and glad to say all the dead patches are now gone and looking good. 

881280A8-CFF8-4721-8357-1742EE228522.jpeg

How many of you reckon the @The Captain!! is having a lend, that's Artificial Turf !  Nah seriously absolute perfect lawn sir, well done. Have yourself a Beer.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

Had some fairly bad patches for a number of years that would not grow. Spent considerable time rejuvenating this patch over the growing season and glad to say all the dead patches are now gone and looking good. 

Does it rain regularly where you grow your beautiful lawn Cappy - or do you have a regular watering regime?  Very nice job mate!

32 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Does it rain regularly where you grow your beautiful lawn Cappy - or do you have a regular watering regime?  Very nice job mate!

Long dry summers here mate so retic. Twice a week. Just a heap of organic matter and fertilisers 

• Thanks 1