Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

14 minutes ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Looks very appetising there mitch. 

I thought it may have hung around longer and fallen in line behind a few other lighter coloured brews I’ve got but it’s surpassed those by a fair way. I did this batch pre temp control so would like to see the diff with that and a cold crash. 

So tried my latest pale tonight that’s vic secret, galaxy, mosaic in copious amounts. I then knee jerked and keg hopped the bajesus out of it, not knowing how a keg hop can effect the beer. 

This hop presence is WAY too much. I can smell fruit from a meter away. And the perceived bitterness is way too much for the beer. If I dry hopped as normal it would be a better beer. 

Nice experiment though. Glad I did it, upset it’s kinda ruined a batch of beer.

27 minutes ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Yeah gotta go easy on the keg hops captain. You get way more bang than a dry hop for the same quantity of hops.

Yeah I really wasn’t expecting how much more you get from keg hopping. I’ll only do like 90g next time ha ha ha

20 minutes ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Yeah gotta go easy on the keg hops captain. You get way more bang than a dry hop for the same quantity of hops.

I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of your emptied kegs before you clean them Greeny. Is there much in the way of hop debris?

I still feel you can get the hop factors you want without having to resort to keg hopping. Not that I'm against that process. In fact I'd like to install a Randall type setup to see how it goes particularly with very hoppy Pale Ales & more so IPA's. I'd rather clean a Randall of hop debris than a keg. Just easier. Making a Randall is easy too.

Cheers,

Lusty.

5 hours ago, Rowbrew said:

That beer looks effing great Kelsey! Nice job

Thanks mate. I'm actually wanting the keg emptied now as it's not the greatest pale ale I've brewed. It's nice but the mouthfeel is a bit thick. Not as refreshing as I could be for this weather. Next one I'll probably mash a little lower. 

The other reason I want it empty is to move the kegerator into the bar.

I got to try a beer from another home brewer. I dont think he controls ferment temps but he does have kegs + kegorator. He pours me one, I drink it down, I say that tastes like coopers pale ale, sure enough it was a coopers pale extract can brew, brewed with brew enhancer apparently. By gosh it tastes and looks very similar to the real thing. So if you like CPA and have never brewed the tin I recommend you do. Cheers. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Beerlust said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of your emptied kegs before you clean them Greeny. Is there much in the way of hop debris?

I still feel you can get the hop factors you want without having to resort to keg hopping. Not that I'm against that process. In fact I'd like to install a Randall type setup to see how it goes particularly with very hoppy Pale Ales & more so IPA's. I'd rather clean a Randall of hop debris than a keg. Just easier. Making a Randall is easy too.

Cheers,

Lusty.

Zero debris with the hop tea ball. Good for about 30 grams max then it suffers with not enough expansion room. Have done larger with a hop sock tied up with fishing line. Works a treat too. Ill take a pic when i get home for you.

Drinking a lager from @Ben 10

very clean and refreshing. Nicely carbonated, I’d say that’s a nice “lawnmower beer”. Simple, fresh, clean and none of that cats piss aftertaste I get with lager. Slight carbonic acid maybe but that’s making it refreshing. 

Its a nice beer Ben. Is it swaying me over to the dark side???? Admittedly, that’s the nicest freshest lager I’ve had. Period. I’m not going to say I’m on the fence, just close enough to pee on it.

Thank you for the beer Ben. Much appreciated. Your beer has never been short of tasty and very respectable.

I tip my hat to you mate.

C43B6732-C2C7-47B8-A4EB-437CD3101B64.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1