Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

7 here but one is currently used to store grain. Problem is brew temperature. Cant have them all going at one time. Max capacity is 3 temperature controlled. When we get to late autumn and temperature gets down i can push more into service..

• Like 4

My mocha stout experiment. Only bottled 10 days ago but with 41 degree heat I figured fermentation would be quicker. Wasnt sure what to expect as it was a warmer brew but surprisingly tastes ok and high ABV

IMG_20190104_160402.jpg

Edited by supernerdy
  • Like 7

Bloody phone data switched off again, but I did get a picture of the pale ale. Didn't use any isinglass in this batch as I didn't have time, so the yeast haze is pretty crappy, but I did throw some polyclar into the keg which has helped clear it a bit. Still looking for a good location for beer pictures. Found one spot that would probably work well later in the arvo when the sun's gone down further, but this one will have to do for now.

20190104_160056.thumb.jpg.b0f2f44d77005df20ba81dc2b896e005.jpg

• Like 11

BrownIPA-1.thumb.jpg.e756995bae0973024883414cc8a4d767.jpg

It's a simple kit + extract brew based on the OS Dark Ale can and yet it's perhaps one of the nicest if not THE nicest beer I've ever brewed and it poured with a beautiful tight creamy head too. 

It's an early tasting of my brown IPA.  Couldn't be simpler -  the can plus 3kg LME with Kohatu, Motueka steep/whirlpool hops and a generous dose of Mosaic as a dry hop addition.    Absolutely bloody delicious!    🤗

• Like 15

31 minutes ago, Smashed Crabs said:

Must be a day for darker beers. Drinking one of my hop Gobblers. It's matured quite well but I'm not a massive fan of the strong clove flavor especially after accidently chomping down on a full clove in a Christmas ham.

20190104_173721.jpg

Do you even need a mower with that amount of grass😂

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Smashed Crabs said:

Must be a day for darker beers. Drinking one of my hop Gobblers. It's matured quite well but I'm not a massive fan of the strong clove flavor especially after accidently chomping down on a full clove in a Christmas ham.

20190104_173721.jpg

My eyes are pretty bad but the reflection in the beer looks like a naked person!!!!

• Haha 3

Lo

13 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:
45 minutes ago, Smashed Crabs said:

20190104_173721.jpg

Do you even need a mower with that amount of grass😂

Lol was a photo from on top the bbq .. lucky to have a lawn in Sydney 🤣😂...

And yes I do enjoy brewing and doing yard work neked.  😘

20190104_182812.jpg

• Haha 2

On 1/3/2019 at 4:17 PM, Ben 10 said:

image.png.8fb3c8e312e19e2fd6f96763734db304.png

It's a little bit early but i couldn't resist trying it. Should be great in another 6 months. So good now though.

Pray Tell BT - what is this magnificent red-hued brew - recipe? Looks great.

Recipe: Flanders 254
Brewer: Grumpy
Style: Flanders Red Ale
TYPE: All Grain

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------

Batch Size (fermenter): 23.00 L   
Estimated OG: 1.055 SG
Estimated Color: 30.1 EBC
Estimated IBU: 16.6 IBUs

Ingredients:
------------
Amt              Name                                             Type          #          %/IBU         Volume        
3.50 kg          Munich II (Weyermann) (16.7 EBC)                 Grain         1          64.5 %        2.28 L        
1.50 kg          Vienna Malt (Weyermann) (5.9 EBC)                Grain         2          27.6 %        0.98 L        
0.20 kg          CHÂTEAU CARA RUBY® (50.0 EBC)                    Grain         3          3.7 %         0.13 L        
0.20 kg          Caraaroma (Weyermann) (350.7 EBC)                Grain         4          3.7 %         0.13 L        
0.03 kg          Roasted Malt (Joe White) (1199.7 EBC)            Grain         5          0.6 %         0.02 L        
20.00 g          Northern Brewer [7.70 %] - First Wort 60.0 min   Hop           6          16.6 IBUs     -             
1.0 pkg          Belgian Lambic Blend (Wyeast Labs #3278) [124.21 Yeast         7          -             -             

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1

My beer I feared that might of been a pourer due to a pellicle infection on the surface. Glad to report that beer I salvage is fine. It's still young bottle wise but I wanted to make sure I wasn't ageing rubish. Bittered with magnum and not as hoppy as I usually make but really enjoying the flavours and the colour the little bit of Amber malt gave. 20190108_165857.thumb.jpg.1d29ab1cc1adfad2028078ebe7c4cb26.jpg

• Like 4