Coopers Community

Recipe of the Month

wizbang04

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No second last ROTM' date=' they told me on the phone that there were only two left. I would have loved to have bought both but I couldn't afford it so I only bought one. [/quote']

The second last one could still be the first wink

I haven't got my head around the Belgian IPA style just yet. Belgian yeast influences + solid wheat malt flavours + IPA bitterness... Hmmm. unsure

I think I'd have to try a commercial one first before I'd brew 20+ litres for myself.

Certainly a very interesting beer on the surface with a lot going on.

Cheers,

Lusty.

ESVA ROTM is brilliant, I had another bottle on the weekend.

This month's ROTM looks pretty good. I will be making it tomorrow or the weekend.

I think Coopers have dug themselves a hole.....what do you follow up Trappist Coaster?

It'll be interesting and I'll be keenly watching.

By the way my yeast was fine expire 10/17

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend the Pacific Summer Ale form last time?

I didn't get it last time and wondering if it is worth the effort?....what is the Summer Hops like? - cant get them at my LHBS, otherwise I could replicate the rest

I make Pacific Summer Ale all the time. It's my favourite beer and I always go back to it. I'm happy and lucky that I ordered it the first time it was offered as the ROTM, and every time they offer it, I order one. When they don't offer it, I make my own using ingredients from brewing shops. I noticed that despite the same ingredients, it always tastes different. Is it possible that the hop pellets Coopers offers are better quality (fresher?) than those from brewing shops?

As for the ROTM 2016 Extra Strong Vingate Ale, I made it and plan to condition it over time and drink slowly. The only thing I don't particularly like about it is the rather harsh alcoholic note in the taste. Will it go away over time, or is it a permanent feature in stronger beers (the Devil's Brew Porter ROTM had a similar strength and similar taste)?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived