Coopers Community

Recipe of the Month

wizbang04

G'day MM, you've been noticeably scarce of late. pouty

G'day Brewers' date=' ROTM, sold out, well that was popular. [img']surprised[/img]

Hey Lusty, they'er windmills, okay. wink

I'm not surprised, Coopers are on a winner with this kit!

*** WARNING CHEAP SHOT IMMINENT!! ***

I've been saving this one up...

Maybe Coopers were low on dented cans! tonguelol

Sorry Coopers, you earned that one yourself! innocent

Lusty.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez... That's about 4 or 5 months in a row now that they've sold out within a day or two. I've missed out each time because I've been waiting for pay day before I order them.

Are Coopers stocking less recipe packs nowadays? Or is it just that more people are buying them?

I don't understand why Coopers don't stock up on more of them when they've still got about another 29 days before the next release? Unless the ROTM packs are purely a promotional thing that Coopers only break even on, it seems like it'd be a smart business model to try and get more in to fill back orders.

.....Are Coopers stocking less recipe packs nowadays? Or is it just that more people are buying them?.....
As we roll along' date=' ROTM packs are becoming more popular and we have been increasing the numbers in response to demand.

Yes, we've had a few fast sell-outs of late. However, unlike normal retailing, predicting the popularity of a "one off product" is a "Dark Art". [img']ninja[/img]

Yes' date=' we've had a few fast sell-outs of late. However, unlike normal retailing, predicting the popularity of a "one off product" is a "Dark Art". [img']ninja[/img]

G'day PB2, may I suggest throwing a dart over your left shoulder at a spinning chocolate wheel with possible number of ROTM options and what it hit is the number of packs? wink

We know what ever number is chosen either some of the punters or the provider will not be happy. surprised

Cheers.

I guess you could always go and buy the ingredients separately to brew it; it's a pretty simple recipe and most LHBS's would have all the ingredients, although that would be more expensive.

Might put it on the list for "quick keg fillers when I have no time for an AG batch" along with the Bootmaker tin. cool

Bought all the ingredients for the Porter ROTM at my LHBS and it all came to $50 despite the higher price they charge - and I have 200gms of Choc malt leftover.

Not having enough supply of stock for more than a day or so when most of the contained items are sold individually and exported all over Australia, is not a great argument if you ask me. But then Im lucky enough o have several LHBS that I can choose from - feel more for the brewers reliant on these opportunities.

Hi bradg,

It seems to vary quite a bit, but normally the second week of the month. Best to subscribe to the newsletter and you should get a newsletter the same day the ROTM is announced. I use the word should, as this hasn't always worked.

The only sure fire way not to miss it is to go on the forum every day and look in the top right-hand corner, IMHO.

Cookie

• 2 weeks later...
Looking forward to the new ROTM' date=' Hop Slam USA.

Is it Nottingham or US-05 yeast? Recipe says Nottingham but instructions say US-05.

Cheers,

Dingo. [/quote']

Seems all those hops in Hop Slam IPA (USA) made us a little dizzy...

Good pick up Dingo & Steve The Novice, Hop Slam IPA (USA) contains 11.5g Safale US-05 Dry Yeast (recipe & instructions have been updated).

As always get in quick for Hop Slam IPA (USA) ROTM and the Churchill's Bulldog Craft ROTM!

Cheers

I finally managed to get a hold of one of the ROTM's (Hop Slam IPA) before it sold out.

I haven't used the new Brew A IPA yet. For the people who have used it, what's been your thought's on it? Do you reckon it's got enough hop flavour that this recipe will be good with just the Bravo and Equinox dry hopped for aroma, as per the recipe? Or do you think it might be worth doing a short boil/steep of the hops in order to bring out some extra flavour as well as some aroma?

Its a pretty decent drop, and the bitterness is also nice. I found it had tropical aroma and taste when it was fermenting and by the time it was ready to bottle, it had no aroma at all and a very mild hop flavour from cascade. I finished my last one a few days ago ( probably 12 weeks in a bottle the rest was kegged) and it went down nicely. It has a nice malt flavour to it as well.

I have another one of these cans to use and I will add a small amount at flameout and a decent dry hop on the next brew.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived