Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

I've snapped out of my regression period, and am just back to my normal great 70s music.innocent. Felt like some Betty Blokkbuster Follies (I way prefer Reg Livermore's version of Captain Jack to Billy Joel's).

Then some Phoebe Snow, Marianne Faithfull, Joni Mitchell, Steely Dan, Warren Zevon and King Crimson. Can I come out of the naughty corner now, Hairy? I think it's time for Philbo and Lusty to spend some time there.

Edit added: hmmmm. Maybe they should be kept apart in separate corners.

The Beatles - Revolver

Probably my most favourite album of all time love

How you could choose a favourite Beatles Album is beyond me... I think it' s much easier to choose a a few favourite songs.. Lets face it' date=' amongst the brilliance there is a fair amount of "crap"

However.... I do like Abbey Road and Sgt Peppers very much.

(Sgt Peppers), for an inexplicable reason is a song I listen to every now and then.

"Silly people run around they worry me

And never ask me why they don't get past my door.

I'm taking the time for a number of things

That weren't important yesterday"

Something about that song I can't put my finger on, but it invokes special feelings.

Born in 1963, I was raised on the Beatles( Joe Cocker- Rolling Stones) - , I think some of my earliest memories are of my beautiful mother playing the Beatles, who is still kickin at 77.

Ok, rambling now... I feel that overall the british had it all over the yanks back in those days (60's - 70's), think, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, The Who, The Yardbirds, The Animals, Moody Blues, Jeff Beck, David Bowie, Ramones, The Pretenders, the list goes on and on....

Guzzzzzzzzzzz

Currently listening to Greatest Hits:The Cure.

I love using my 5 disc CD player, as I can have enough music going without interruption and so long as my selection is good, I can have a good 5 hours or so of music without having to hear the same song again, or I can play whatever song I want to hear whenever.

Other discs in the player at present: Concrete Blonde - Walking in London (the first CD I ever bought back in 1992 - I was slow to take up the transition from LP to cassette to CD, and am equally slow to fully embrace MP3s - I like the physical characteristics of the disc the cover & liner notes you don't get with music files).

As well as Faith No More - Who Care's A Lot? - Greatest Hits (2 disc)

and Imelda May - Mayhem.

Yesterday I was also listening to some of The Angels Greatest Hits - and playing guitar along with, as was the case with some Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Beatles (no 1's), and AC/DC - Back in Black.

It's a great antidote to the ongoing saga with the pest next door, who yet again decided to play "Rat in Mi Kitchen" - continuously for 3 1/2 hours the other day; resulting in my finally cracking, and giving her the hose down she needed (you can smell her BO from about 10 metres away).

Of course she called the cops, and once they'd heard our point of view - the ongoing harassment, intimidation etc and attitude there was little chance of any charges being laid.

Not only that, but it gave us a reference number to follow up with Council, the landlord (Housing NSW), and the Police if it goes on again; so in short she pushed me too far in response to simply smoking in my front courtyard, and now has herself in the sights of the authorities for being a nuisance; I'd say that's a bit of a win for us, and karma for her.

Am I sorry I hosed her? No. Am I sorry that I allowed things to get to the point where it seemed the only solution to put her in her place? Yes.

Would I do it again, no, but only because I can do without the hassle of another visit from the cops, and a possibility of charges laid.

All that said, She reckons she's allergic to pretty much everything (it's all about me smoking in my front yard, which I'm entitled to do), so I'm very much encouraging the gardenia by our common fence, as when it blooms - which will be very soon, you can smell it from about 50 metres away.

She can object to me smoking, but she can't stop me growing a plant that's been here since the place was built, and if it gives her headaches or hay fever, it'll keep her from bothering me when I try to enjoy sitting for a beer, a smoke, or a cup of tea in my front garden as I should be able to do without harassment.

Not only that, the perfume from the gardenia will mask the smell of ciggie smoke, so her argument of the smell lingering will be nullified.

Mixed stuff right now...

.......ACDC - Stormy May Day

Being an ACDC nut & a follower for more than 33 years ...........

P.S. Look out for the new album' date=' "Rock or Bust", it may well be their last. [img']sad[/img]

Cheers,

Anthony.

AC/DC are killin' it (or attempting to) devil