Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

I love some of those old songs. But now you guys have given me an earworm' date=' and I won't be able to get the music out of my head for days.

[i']Dirty deeds, done with sheep, dirty deeds done....[/i]

Well, he does live in New Zealand now tongue

and its just bloody lucky I do. Since my move, New Zealanders have discovered two more uses for sheep. Meat and wool.

To get back on topic, though, today was a Jethro Tull morning (Aqualung and Thick as a Brick - the live version). Then it was Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds (and I never cease to be amazed by the purity of Julie Covington's voice). I was going to follow it with some Led Zeppelin but I've changed my mind to some old Seals and Crofts.

Joe Satriani

Saw him last night live at the State Theatre in Sydney.

What a guitar freak show it was!

He is a guitar freak, if you like wailing, screaming guitars with musical pieces that with big finishes that go on longer than the main part of the peice, you would love it. w00t

I prefer his slower stuff, which there wasn't much of, but the show was real show of incredible talent and well worth it!

The drummer was incredible, Marco Minneman. One of the best drum solos Ive ever seen, another freakish talent.

Absolute insanity....brilliant!

Guzz

Edguy - Catch of the Century.

I feckin' love this band love

But something wonderful has also happened in the world of heavy metal. A melodic death metal band I used to listen to in the early 90's has just reformed for another album. I am absolutely mind blown. 19 years since they released one of the greatest albums of all time, and they have come back and kicked the shit out of all the newer bands that followed their original break up. lovecoollove

At The Gates -

These guys would be in their early 40's by now. cool

Edguy - Catch of the Century.

I feckin' love this band love

But something wonderful has also happened in the world of heavy metal. A melodic death metal band I used to listen to in the early 90's has just reformed for another album. I am absolutely mind blown. 19 years since they released one of the greatest albums of all time' date=' and they have come back and kicked the shit out of all the newer bands that followed their original break up. [img']love[/img]coollove

At The Gates -

These guys would be in their early 40's by now. cool

Talking about old guys, Machine Head's new album has just been released. It will be on my playlist for tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
Gary Moore - Wild Frontier

Just cut down a massive tree with a bow saw' date=' too early for a beer so having a glass of H2O and listening to some Oldish Rock.

Cheers & Beers

Scottie

[i']Valley Brew[/i]

"Over the Hills and Far Away" or "Friday on My Mind" happywink

And loving it.

Cheers.

Edit: Now you got me listening to Thin Lizzy.........lol

Now that the album has finished you've got me switching to Youtube

ha ha ha' date=' was just going to post the same link......[img']lol[/img] lol

yep love it all, had a lot on vinyl many years ago, might just fire up the Hi Fi and put on a CD. wink