Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

The Angels Live...' date=' shame the sound isn't better, don't watch if your the timid type. Saw the Doc on a Rockwiz special a while back and he's still alive, well done I say.....[img']lol[/img] wink

Cheers.

No way, Get Fu@3P , F^@& @33

cool

Once upon a time I may have become a little rowdy when Shadow Boxer was played in clubs. innocent

I can still remember the late 70's, so far......lol

Drinking a glass of ummm light beer (yes megaswill) and listening to one of the greatest songs ever written (In my opinion of course' date='others may disagree).

Viva La Vida by Coldplay..great song.

Cheers

N'oz[/quote']

The new guy is already causing trouble; throwing out bold statements devil

Just kidding mate. I'm not a massive Coldplay fan but I like that song. I don't mind "Voilet Hill" from that album either.

Hehehehe,thanks mate smile I do like Coldplay and I have every one of their albums ,but I know that not everyone is as big a fan as I am,hey that's what life is all about,people having different views about music,film,wine and dare I say beer!wink.

Cheers and thanks again for the friendly welcome to the site.smilesmile

I don't normally do this but I'm listening to "Live from Daryl's House" on Youtube. Thanks to Tezza for the link and as I roamed around I stumbled onto this gem and it rocks almost enough to get President Obama out of his seat, I need to find this on Blue Ray.

Cheers

Hi Scottie glad you like some of the stuff from Live at Daryls' House,there are some good songs here and there but having Daryl in every jam is sometimes a bit much but worth it to hear some other good artists.I do listen to a wide variety of music from Bonnie Raitt, Keb Mo,'JJ Cale,Julie Fowlis (she sings Scottish Gaelic).Doobie Brothers,Neil Young ,Rolling Stones, KD Laing,Grace Potter, Sarah Brightman, and a young lady who is a friend of my niece who has moved from Sydney to Canada not sure where called Marta Pacek and a bit of Ry Cooder.Depends how many beers I have had, who I listen to.Also a lot of other artists Thanks for your posts a lot of info for us new guys Cheers Tezza

I don't normally do this but I'm listening to "Live from Daryl's House" on Youtube. Thanks to Tezza for the link and as I roamed around I stumbled onto this gem and it rocks almost enough to get President Obama out of his seat' date=' I need to find this on Blue Ray.

Cheers[/quote']

Nice.

And it is good to see that Jeff Beck isn't going to grow old gracefully biggrin

Hi Tezza.

Interesting that you mentioned Keb' Mo'.

I admit I haven't listened to a heap of his music, but did like this one that he did as part of the "Playing For Change" group. He did a good version of a Johnny Cash classic too as part of a tribute album. Not an easy thing to pull off for any artist! cool

To everyone on the forum, if you haven't heard of or seen anything from the diverse number of people involved in the "Playing For Change" group & what they are about, take a look at this awesome video that launched them into the spotlight. All of the people you see in this video are amateur musicians & singers. A good quantity of them are what you would call "buskers" who as their group name infers, "Play For Change".

The following music video link is simply the best version of "Stand By Me" I have ever seen & heard. Brilliantly edited & mixed. With over 61 million views, I think it hit a good nerve with a lot of people. cool

For those that haven't seen or heard it, enjoy! wink

Anthony.

Hi to Nigelinoz yeah one of my favorites,thanks for that,you might like South City Midnight Lady or Dark-eyed Cajun woman also by the Doobies or even Toulouse Street cheers and good beermaking Tezza

hello Beerlust love Keb mo Better man lifts my spirit up a bit .That is a great version. The version I have is at a concert and not as good as the version you posted Happy Brewing cheers Tezza

Hi to Nigelinoz yeah one of my favorites' date='thanks for that,you might like South City Midnight Lady or Dark-eyed Cajun woman also by the Doobies or even Toulouse Street cheers and good beermaking Tezza[/quote']

Thanks Tezza,smilesmile.

Yes mate I love those Doobies songs mate,in fact I love everything they did,one of my favorite 70's/80's bands.

Cheers and good beer making to you as well mate,I'm enjoying being part of the forum immenselysmile

N'oz

• 2 weeks later...
Doc Neeson passed away from brain cancer' date=' aged 67, sad news today.[/quote']

As a pretty much life long fan, I was caught by surprize when I found this out today.

In tribute I'm listening to my existing collection of Angel's CD's and will have to update and fill out my collection.

I first got into The Angels after winning Watch the Red on vinyl in a radio competition on 2SM; I must have been about 10 or 11 at the time!

I since really got into The Angels, saw them 3 times live; supporting Guns N Roses once, and at The Hordern once, then at The Metro.

I actually encountered Doc in person on three occasions too.

Once when I was a star struck teenager, and could hardly speak and was dressed in an approximation of a "Doc look" from the Face to Face album cover; so I think we were both a bit dazzled at the time now I think of it.

I later found him drinking on his own at my local; but I could sense he wanted to be left alone, so I left him with his solitude.

I bumped into him about 4 - 5 years ago in a lift in the city; I think I was getting in at the ground floor and he was getting out, and I have to say at that stage it was obvious the years had not been kind to him.

I kind of went cold on The Angels for a while, I reckon their best stuff was behind them by about 1995.

Ironically I got back into them again a few years ago, dusted off my tapes - which were pretty much buggered from the years, dust and exposure to magnetic disturbance and static electricity.

I reckon Doc was the best front man of any band I've ever seen bar none.

He was flawed, he was human, but no one else has such a commanding presence, and no one else could deliver those vocals like him.

Dave Gleeson may be the current singer of the existing lineup, but he'll never be the front man that Doc was.

I salute you Doc, and I'll be thinking of you as I get blisters on my fingers trying to relearn the old songs on my guitar, and shaking the windows with my stereo playing the oldies and best of your work.

OK, Nigel, if you're being honest about feeling old I may as well. I'm just filling in time at the moment anyway waiting for a proper game of football (rugby) to start anyway - now if that flame doesn't draw a hate following, nothing will! devil

During some idle moments today, I looked through Mum & Dad's bookshelves and found a book about Banjo Patterson. (I hope this thread is still called "What are you reading now"). I was taken back to my time in Grade 6 (the best several years of my life), when I had to do a report on a Patterson poem. And I found the same book that I used "The Geebung Polo Club" from. Of course, I had to read it, and read it, and read it, I laughed just like a 10 year old reading it for the first time.

As Barbra Streisand once sang "mammaries, they are beautiful to me..." or something similar.

The new Led Zeppelin vinyl re-issues have arrived at my place yesterday happy

and I'm loving the new Pixies album

I just read that Chevy Chase was an original member of Steely Dan! And he turned down a role in Ghostbusters and then knocked back being the voice of Buzz Lightyear...

The last two I can kinda see but the steely dan one has surprised the crap outta me