Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2024?

On 8/24/2024 at 9:54 PM, NBillett09 said:

I just bought these stainless steel coated magnets

@NBillett09 I looked with interest at the link about the magnets, and ever since I've been bombarded with magnet advertisements on some of my regular internet sites such as Weatherzone! At least the ads are more appealing than Temu ads. 😄

• Haha 3

First glass from a keg of AG Coopers Sparkling. It needs more time to clarify and also mature out but it has great potential. I might take the keg out of the keezer  to mature at cellar temperature. Then an AG Theakston’s Old Perc. It’s a mini keg so will soon be empty, as I bottled the rest whilst showing a mate how to brew and gave him a slab. But it is a beautiful, gutsy beer! Toffee, coffee, burnt stuff, malty, a bit hoppy….quite complex but well balanced. Pity about the pour … 

IMG_4295.jpeg

IMG_4296.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

Closely followed by an AG COPA. This beer never disappoints, ever 😉

IMG_4297.jpeg

Looks tasty 🙂 

I'm planning to do a COPA double batch later this week. Scored a bag of Coopers Premium Pale Malt and want to put it to good use 🙂  I'll cube it as the fridges are full atm but I'm gonna fire up the starter for the CCA yeast today, to make sure it is up and running when its time comes 🙂 

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

I'm gonna fire up the starter for the CCA yeast today, to make sure it is up and running when its time comes 🙂 

I've been a bit lazy lately and have been using dry yeast only. Your comment has reminded me how tasty beer can be when using CCA yeast. I must harvest some soon.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

At 32C, it is a little warm for winter. I’ve been preparing for brew day tomorrow and now I deserve a lovely ice cold, crisp, straw coloured Pils. Looking forward to summer and a helluva lot more of these 🍻

IMG_0456.thumb.jpeg.bcec14122505f26ac95799bd9da8aa95.jpeg

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

At 32C, it is a little warm for winter. I’ve been preparing for brew day tomorrow and now I deserve a lovely ice cold, crisp, straw coloured Pils. Looking forward to summer and a helluva lot more of these 🍻

IMG_0456.thumb.jpeg.bcec14122505f26ac95799bd9da8aa95.jpeg

Mate congratulations on the clarity and lovely tightly packed head (insert long n loud wolf whistle here) 😋👏

• Haha 3

On 8/26/2024 at 9:08 AM, Tricky Micky said:

OMG Pezza, the fence post is well and truly back my friend. Awesome shot - great looking beer!

Haha Cobbly good to read your post and God Bless and hope your recovery is going well - this Springtime Brew is in your honour Mate - brewed with some lovely Coopers Malts ; )

image.thumb.png.a1800bbf08f7191d6a8b3e93681172de.png

• Like 14

16 hours ago, Pezzza said:

Haha Cobbly good to read your post and God Bless and hope your recovery is going well - this Springtime Brew is in your honour Mate - brewed with some lovely Coopers Malts ; )

image.thumb.png.a1800bbf08f7191d6a8b3e93681172de.png

Goodonya Pezza, Bless you my friend. I'm getting there mate. Thank you for your kind thoughts too - you are a Gentleman. 

• Like 4

I am enjoying two (extract) homebrews at the moment:

A Coopers Pale Ale with BE2, 500g LDM and 50g of Galaxy hops added on day 10; and

A Coopers Brew A IPA with 1.5kg LDM, and 25g Galaxy and 25g Cluster added on day 8.

The Pale Ale is bright, light  and quite hoppy. The Brew A IPA is bitter, spicy, malty. Both yummy!

PS A while ago @DavidM you suggested I keep hold of my Coopers Amber Ale which I did not like and let it condition a bit more. Afraid it didn't do the trick for me. Still not on my favourites list!

Edited by jennyss
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, jennyss said:

I am enjoying two (extract) homebrews at the moment:

A Coopers Pale Ale with BE2, 500g LDM and 50g of Galaxy hops added on day 10; and

A Coopers Brew A IPA with 1.5kg LDM, and 25g Galaxy and 25g Cluster added on day 8.

The Pale Ale is bright, light  and quite hoppy. The Brew A IPA is bitter, spicy, malty. Both yummy!

PS A while ago @DavidM you suggested I keep hold of my Coopers Amber Ale which I did not like and let it condition a bit more. Afraid it didn't do the trick for me. Still not on my favourites list!

It is good to see you having success with your beers Jenny, we all get to have our favourites & they seem to get better each time you make them. It is also good to try new ones & experiment with different hops & yeasts.

IMO storing beers in PET bottles for extended times tends to cause oxidisation & loss of carbonation, especially with ales, there are exceptions of course, particularly some lagers & stouts. I reckon ales max out in about 3-6 months depending on how they are stored.

Glass of course is a different matter; I personally didn't keep any of my beers for very long, they ended up getting drunk. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, jennyss said:

you suggested I keep hold of my Coopers Amber Ale which I did not like and let it condition a bit more. Afraid it didn't do the trick for me. Still not on my favourites list!

Well, that's disappointing, did it improve at all?

My first few tries at Amber's were too sweet for me but I've found a few that I Like.

Pale's are still my favorite, along with the odd special brew, Amber, Brown, or Dark.

We all find our Happy Brew range.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DavidM said:

We all find our Happy Brew range.

@DavidM, My Amber Ale did not change/improve for my taste buds. Pale Ales are my favourite too. They can take so many different directions I am finding out. I remember my first Young Henry's Hazy Pale Ale on a 40deg Australia Day a couple of years ago - that set a bench mark!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ozdevil said:

gotta love AI dont ya

Hey there Oz - not quite sure - what you mean: 

gotta love AI dont ya

Is it regarding utilising the "Portrait Setting" for the photo?

Anyway cheers @ozdevil glad you think that the Beer looks reasonable : ) 

👍

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

Hey there Oz - not quite sure - what you mean: 

gotta love AI dont ya

Is it regarding utilising the "Portrait Setting" for the photo?

Anyway cheers @ozdevil glad you think that the Beer looks reasonable : ) 

👍

He means "Artificial Intelligence" known as AI, it is starting to be everywhere, it is good but also bad IMO.

AI, in its broadcast sense, is intelligence exhibited by machines, particularly computer systems.

The Portrait setting as you know blurs the background & focuses on the subject & with some cameras you can even adjust the blur to your liking.

🤖

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Thanks 1