Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2024?

First taste of English IPA. Medium bitterness at the start with a slightly sweet finish. Very nice. 
Dry hopped with Topaz and Centennial 
IMG_5089.thumb.jpeg.5eef5e8f3b4defb89af0dea7a84860d4.jpeg

Edited by Tone boy
  • Like 12

On 6/12/2024 at 9:31 PM, RDT2 said:

Flander Red tonight!

OMFG -

On 6/13/2024 at 10:00 PM, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Had another bottle of mine tonight.

Time shortly to brew

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I put it in a hot cube, will pitch the yeast tomorrow. Nah, it is dark, more brown. I really enjoyed the Guinness Smooth in Bali, so I thought this one would be a nice sweet dark AG brew. lets see how it will turn out. I'll keep you informed

• Like 2

The keg that keeps on giving 😃

Pezzza’s Pilly Larger - what’s even better is I have another keg of it. It will be well lagered by the time I het round to it 👍

Awesome beer !

IMG_3323.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, stquinto said:

Pezzza’s Pilly Larger - what’s even better is I have another keg of it. It will be well lagered by the time I het round to it 👍

Awesome beer !

Strictly pastorianus   😆

A truly wonderful spectacle Sainter ; )

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, stquinto said:

Awesome beer !

IMG_3323.jpeg

Heard a lot about this brew where can I find the recipe?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz II said:

My Dark Mode Schwarzbeer, still young, 9 days in the bottle. Smells a bit farty, but the flavours are nice. Bittersweet with undefinable fruity notes. I can see it developing nicely 

IMG_1332.jpeg

IMG_1333.jpeg

Nice and clear fella.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Espresso Martini - I forgot to add the espresso coffee before bottling this one.  So I thought why not add it after I pour it.  Bad move.  Lots of foam up.  Luckily I had a spare glass nearby and was able to split the overflow between the two. Both glasses were full of foam before I took the picture. It was worth it though.  The extra coffee hit has lifted this brew to an 8/10. Tropical-fruity-coffee-chocolate aroma reminiscent of Jaffa lollies Very similar flavour but with less tropical taste, but more subtle roast notes but definitely not harsh.

IMG_4459.JPG.b5d0823949d463035057f79741e46f52.JPG

• Like 10

This one is based on ibooze2/shamus COPA recipe. 3.8kg Coopers pale, 200g wheat and 30g POR. I fermented it with notty at 12º which annihilated it, OG 1.042 FG 1.001. The result was nothing like Coopers Pale Ale, more like Coopers Super Dry! 98% attenuation! Still a nice beer, but because it was so dry you can really taste the bitterness from the hops. I will probably try the recipe again to see if I can replicate the apparent high attenuation.

COPA.thumb.gif.045fd7e5348df7c997da6c524d0ae3e6.gif

1.png.b04990ef9a2bd8704c70145d2a017e50.png

Edited by Cheap Charlie
  • Like 9

9 hours ago, Cheap Charlie said:

This one is based on ibooze2/shamus COPA recipe. 3.8kg Coopers pale, 200g wheat and 30g POR. I fermented it with notty at 12º which annihilated it, OG 1.042 FG 1.001. The result was nothing like Coopers Pale Ale, more like Coopers Super Dry! 98% attenuation! Still a nice beer, but because it was so dry you can really taste the bitterness from the hops. I will probably try the recipe again to see if I can replicate the apparent high attenuation.

COPA.thumb.gif.045fd7e5348df7c997da6c524d0ae3e6.gif

1.png.b04990ef9a2bd8704c70145d2a017e50.png

Looks lovely, Chuck.

Planning another myself in a few brews time.  Harvested some Coopers Commercial Ale yeast from the Botanic Ale I did a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 2