Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

21 minutes ago, toolman01 said:

I am going to have a look around here to see what i can find in the way of interesting bottles. Wife has a few champagne bottles that would be good but they take a 29mm cap which seem hard to find, especially the capper

Kegland have a bench capper with an optional champagne bottle cap fitting.

9 hours ago, toolman01 said:

I am going to have a look around here to see what i can find in the way of interesting bottles. Wife has a few champagne bottles that would be good but they take a 29mm cap which seem hard to find, especially the capper

I have a pack of 100 unopened I will never use, if you want them you can have them.

PM to me & will send them.

20230712_080547.thumb.jpg.2a070055261dd5d6407d64b2dc69eafe.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co

Coopers Pale Ale

After a month of drinking Black and Tan's or Dark Ale's

It was time for another Pale, the first from this batch, Very Happy with it.

This one had Golden Naked Oats and a dry hop with Galaxy

It Pops, I like 🍻

IMG_20230712_152157.thumb.jpg.2e2d3987758ac94492740369a7fe653b.jpg

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Coopers Pale Ale

After a month of drinking Black and Tan's or Dark Ale's

It was time for another Pale, the first from this batch, Very Happy with it.

This one had Golden Naked Oats and a dry hop with Galaxy

It Pops, I like 🍻

IMG_20230712_152157.thumb.jpg.2e2d3987758ac94492740369a7fe653b.jpg

Great minds think alike, haha. This is the one with extra dextrose you reckoned would be sweet, but the bitterness of the EKG dry hop balanced it out nicely. And the 5.3% are quite nice too. Only two long necks left, but I think I'll do another one. And by the way, no K&K twang at all.  What do you think the Naked Golden Oats is adding?

IMG_7184.jpeg

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Like 7

Never had a commercial Ginger Beer, but I really enjoy my Ginger Fritz. On these cold Winter afternoons I consider it nearly as medicine

IMG_7173.thumb.JPG.da9c1c16d2a309f4159bbc373984127c.JPG

ABV 5.0%   OG 1034  FG 1000     Volume 23l   One can Morgan's Ginger Beer   1.5kg mascavo sugar   Honey 250gr      Kaffir Lime leaves        Fresh Ginger 500gr      Ginger powder 50gr        Kit yeast    Verdant IPA yeast     Chili, Cloves, Nutmeg, Cinnamon  Fermenting for 2 weeks

GingerFritz.thumb.JPG.96eb8fdd0947a0f81ff743b74623dec5.JPG

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

What do you think the Naked Golden Oats is adding?

I couldn't answer that!

I Steep either, Golden Naked Oats, Carapils, Light Cyrstal, or Wheat.

To generalize, I think they all add to the head retention, and the dry hop (whatever I use that day) adds to the flavor.

But I'm no expert, just enjoy what I Brew (mostly).

• Like 5

My Balter XPA - Side by side taste test.

Aromas

• Mine: Strawberry and lemon
  • Theirs: Lemon and tropical

Flavour

• Mine: Strawberry and lemon with a smooth mouthfeel.  Milder bitterness
  • Theirs: Citrus fruit, resin, but clean.  Good bitterness

Frothiness

• Mine: Good head formation, retention and lacing
  • Theirs: Fair head formation and retention. No lacing

Mine is definitely darker.  I think I might have a dud batch of Acidulated Malt.  It does not get the pH down as much as Brewfather says it should.  Plus it has lots of darker looking grain pieces.

Both very nice beers.  But I would not call mine a clone.  Close but no cigar.

IMG_3813.JPG.ecc26319797f03700b5a6c3342b1ff7c.JPG

• Like 10

I'm back home and finally got to sample the Märzen I kegged just a day before we left. Nice residual sweetness with a little hoppy bitterness to balance it. Good to drink but it could do with a little more carbonation. I'll fix that when I have room in the kegerator.

image.thumb.jpeg.f25b7916a4d97061315c308ffc606b9c.jpeg

• Like 12

I just poured myself an AG brewed XPA from the keg & it was a delight, so I thought I would have another, alas, not to be the inevitable happened, that horrid sound.

But all good I still got 2/3 of a pint & there is a keg free for the same brew going back in the keg fridge tomorrow.

I put the Wettex on the drip tray as I pretty much knew it was going to happen.

20230714_163543.thumb.jpg.15b158e986c4403f09c4698abf2d8fbc.jpg

20230714_165227.thumb.jpg.88af827b9918514590c392168965638e.jpg

• Like 9

Finally I moved my last two bottled brews from the warmer “conditioning room” (spare upstairs bedroom) into the cool Beer Dungeon for storage and lagering. I couldn’t resist to grab a bottle each and put them in the fridge for a sneaky preview, And I didn’t regret it at all.

Firstly up was a K&K Tooheys Old Clone and it didn’t disappoint at all, on the contrary, it is bloody good. As I bought myself 3 long necks on special on Thursday and I had one last night I can only say that there is not much difference at all. Tomorrow I might compare them against each other as I still have one bottle left. My brew was a straight forward 1 can of ESB Australian Old Ale ( the monster 3 kg can) and a Nottingham Ale yeast, fermented for two weeks on 20 degrees and today two weeks in the bottle. No extra additions to check out the ESB brand on its own. I call it “ The Old Fritz”.

IMG_7196.jpeg

IMG_7195.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Finally I moved my last two bottled brews from the warmer “conditioning room” (spare upstairs bedroom) into the cool Beer Dungeon for storage and lagering. I couldn’t resist to grab a bottle each and put them in the fridge for a sneaky preview, And I didn’t regret it at all.

Firstly up was a K&K Tooheys Old Clone and it didn’t disappoint at all, on the contrary, it is bloody good. As I bought myself 3 long necks on special on Thursday and I had one last night I can only say that there is not much difference at all. Tomorrow I might compare them against each other as I still have one bottle left. My brew was a straight forward 1 can of ESB Australian Old Ale ( the monster 3 kg can) and a Nottingham Ale yeast, fermented for two weeks on 20 degrees and today two weeks in the bottle. No extra additions to check out the ESB brand on its own. I call it “ The Old Fritz”.

IMG_7196.jpeg

IMG_7195.jpeg

They look great BF.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

IMG_7196.jpeg

IMG_7195.jpeg

17 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

And then I tried a “Bavarian Bliss”, an AG recipe from my LHBS. And I can only say: I am blissed out.

IMG_7197.jpeg

IMG_7199.jpeg

I love those labels! 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Cheap Charlie said:

I love those labels! 👍🏻

Had some dollars left on a visa gift card and got myself a life membership for https://www.beerlabelizer.com/ . I make a label for every brew I make, just for fun, I don't label every bottle, just print a few on my home printer to stick in the crates to remember their content

• Like 4