Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

Having a sip of the Red IPA or perhaps more appropriately the BIPA - Brown IPA.

First try at this style, and a little too much colour - mainly from an older kit that had darkened I think. Hops are good (galaxy, centennial and Vic secret) and everything else good, just need colour adjustment for the next one 👍 
Cheers everyone 🍻✌️

71100728127__7C9FEF5C-295F-4726-8D6C-45B1491C7DAF.thumb.jpeg.5dfc12a23924417ef6e0998c5286b9df.jpeg

• Like 12

51 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

Having a sip of the Red IPA or perhaps more appropriately the BIPA - Brown IPA.

First try at this style, and a little too much colour - mainly from an older kit that had darkened I think. Hops are good (galaxy, centennial and Vic secret) and everything else good, just need colour adjustment for the next one 👍 
Cheers everyone 🍻✌️

71100728127__7C9FEF5C-295F-4726-8D6C-45B1491C7DAF.thumb.jpeg.5dfc12a23924417ef6e0998c5286b9df.jpeg

Same thing happened to both my Amber ales. Glad to know I'm not alone.

• Like 3

Coopers Genuine Draught

Hmmm.  Not 100% sure about this brew.  Maybe something went a little bit wrong.  But, I cannot say what it might have been.  Generally tasted okay, but not great.  Clarity is excellent.  Colour very nice.

• Sweet-ish beer aroma plus some spice
  • Sweet flavour with mild bitterness
  • Good carbonation but no head retention
  • Not bad but not great.
  • I will be happy to drink this, but probably not make again.  Which is not a very bad rap because I rarely make the same beer twice.

IMG_3827.JPG.f5ef5bbdafc6361c6340929f49676317.JPG

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Back Brewing said:

Carbonation looks spot on mate

It's pretty much where I like, though it could be argued, that being an English style it's grossly over-carbonated!  😃   I sampled many cask ales on trips back to the UK and well, they're basically completely devoid of any fizz! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Oldbloke said:

Certainly looks the part. What was the recipe?

The original version (20 litre batch):

• 2.8kg GF Ale Malt
  • 200g Flaked Barley
  • 200g GF Dark Crystal Malt
  • 100g Biscuit Malt

And breaking away from strict style guidelines: 

• 15g Pacific Jade @30min
  • 30g Fuggles @10min
  • 70g Fuggles Steep/whirlpool
  • Kveik Voss

I've brewed several versions using the same malt base, but mix and matching various UK hops.  This one pictured I used EKG and Harlequin. 

• Like 5

Guinness clone. In the keg since 22/01. The pour is getting better (as in I’m becoming more employable so to speak..)

I have a feeling the lactose effect is becoming more rounded and more malty and chocolatey…

On the other hand I’ve had a least a bottle of vino so probably better testing tomorrow 🤔

IMG_9396.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Guinness clone. In the keg since 22/01. The pour is getting better (as in I’m becoming more employable so to speak..)

I have a feeling the lactose effect is becoming more rounded and more malty and chocolatey…

On the other hand I’ve had a least a bottle of vino so probably better testing tomorrow 🤔

IMG_9396.jpeg

Looks nice Stquinta, how's the taste? Head looks fine but a Guinness head is unique I reckon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stquinto said:

IMG_9396.jpeg

Looks good in the Vampire's dungeon! 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, beach_life said:

Bandaids?

Maybe. That's not the word that comes to my mind. It's kind of sweet but somehow artificial. It was very apparent to me in 001 but less so in 002 after letting the chlorine evaporate off overnight. I can still pick it up in 003, 004, 005, and in my first taste of 006, but those darker, roastier beers seem to mask it better.

I treated the water with PMS for 007, a hoppy lager, and there was no trace of it in the sample I used for testing the gravity. That one's conditioning now but it definitely looks like chloramine was the culprit.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Kegory said:

chloramine was the culprit.

I got bandaid/ medicinal from mine it was putrid.
I then treated with ascorbic acid which worked really well, then added a caravan filter.
Be interesting to see how the water here is

• Like 3

fark me, blew 2 kegs at once, got a lamb roast on the go, sh1t going on, people over, damned crappy bodgy 2 keg fridge and crappy kitchen, fark me, I don't need this sheet 😂😂😂.. no problem i will buy one of those kegalnd kegerators soon 😂5.thumb.jpg.5d3333fa06b94ee0d6f927edac41a92d.jpg

@jennyss check out the gravy, love.. order online maggi rich gravy, the same they use in your local carvery, you will never use gravox again, it's the REAL Australia's favourite gravy 😂👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Cheap Charlie said:

fark me, blew 2 kegs at once, got a lamb roast on the go, sh1t going on, people over, damned crappy bodgy 2 keg fridge and crappy kitchen, fark me, I don't need this sheet 😂😂😂.. no problem i will buy one of those kegalnd kegerators soon 😂5.thumb.jpg.5d3333fa06b94ee0d6f927edac41a92d.jpg

@jennyss check out the gravy, love.. order online maggi rich gravy, the same they use in your local carvery, you will never use gravox again, it's the REAL Australia's favourite gravy 😂👍🏻

Could do without the kegs blowing on top of everything else 😥

Prepping the car for a trip down to Italy. There might be no spare wheels on modern cars but I sure know how to fill the space 😉

I even found a place for a few bottles of orangeade for the kids, which is pretty damned magnanimous of me IMHOIMG_9407.thumb.jpeg.247cdace2f400b3cf561368dd64d9ab2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

21 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks nice Stquinta, how's the taste? Head looks fine but a Guinness head is unique I reckon.

Cheers Phil, pretty decent served on the nitro blend. I’m still not convinced about the colour of the head - it’s a tan colour for me but in Ireland it is white.  I know fellas on the forum reckon it’s the lighting but I’m not convinced. 

It’s academic anyway as the bloody keg blew right after that photo. Fortunately it was the 5l overflow leg and I have a cornie left.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

Prepping the car for a trip down to Italy. There might be no spare wheels on modern cars but I sure know how to fill the space 😉

I even found a place for a few bottles of orangeade for the kids, which is pretty damned magnanimous of me IMHO

Is it a Nudist Resort where you are going Stquinta, I can't see any clothes, only grog. 😉

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

Cheers Phil, pretty decent served on the nitro blend. I’m still not convinced about the colour of the head - it’s a tan colour for me but in Ireland it is white.  I know fellas on the forum reckon it’s the lighting but I’m not convinced. 

It’s academic anyway as the bloody keg blew right after that photo. Fortunately it was the 5l overflow leg and I have a cornie left.

I have never had Guiness on tap in Ireland, but I had a nitro can made in Ireland last night and it had a tan head.

• Like 1