Coopers Community

GOLF

iBooz2

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

mate , they wasn't long hitters  , but where we was  we was in clear site its a pretty well one of those straight holes lol.  there was no  harm done in the end  , our club  are pretty laid back and just shite stir about these things anyway.

i must admit though if they hit us it was only trickling to us   

Yeah most holes there's plenty of visibility, I often use my rangefinder to see how far away they are so I know when I can hit lol, but occasionally you find one that goes over a bit of a hill or around a bend with trees in the way and it's fine for short hitters but longer hitters can't tell when they're out of range. 

• Like 2

Not a great day over at McLeod this time around, not sure what was happening just couldn't really get any part of my game going well, just golf I suppose, played well yesterday and largely rubbish today, maybe tomorrow will be better again 🤣 adjusted gross was 91 so pretty crap by my standards now. GA unchanged, so I'll be off 8 tomorrow 👀

Screenshot_20230119_191812_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2

Back to somewhat normal today, I felt relaxed today whereas yesterday I was tense for some reason which was reflected in my score I suppose. I was disappointed with how I finished off, the wind really got up around the 15th, and caused all sorts of miscalculations. Still it was good enough to finally reach my goal 3 weeks late 😅 next goal is 7 by the end of June, and just to shoot more in the 70s overall. Not that long ago I wouldn't have considered 81 an ok round, funny how things progress. Avg drive 244m, longest 289. 

1603939525_Screenshot_20230120_154011_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.9ac873b01b4ee682cade123cc0f3c9f9.jpg

Screenshot_20230120_164204.thumb.jpg.3c2b140bb34432b7d6b7ec889586babf.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks mate 😁

Next round is Tuesday at another different course which I have played before but not in proper competition, so at least there's some familiarity there. Nothing over the weekend as I am heading out tonight after missing new year's because of the boiling water crap. Didn't feel like tiring myself out by playing today. 

• Like 1

As I've said, the back has been bad for eleven days, forty years really, 4 visits to the Chiro and I'm feeling, just, better.

Thought I'd have a crack at Golf again.

Short stiff warm up and into it!

Tried to swing well inside my limits, which worked but was not making good contact with the ball and was not scoring.

After 9 holes I had 13 points, still felt good, or at least as good as I can and started swinging a bit more relaxed, that worked.

Hit a few good drives and played a lot better, parred the last 4 holes which turned an average day into a fairly good day.

Came home with 21 points for a total of 34, gotta be happy with that!

Hopefully, that is the end of the back pain for now and I can get back to a more normal day. 🙂 

• Like 4

well  played like a royal fat backside of golfer today being 4bbb  and couldn't swing a club for nuts

turned up and my playing partner said  he wants to use the app to score rather then  using ol proven method of score card.  it kind of put me in a position of losing money,  as i had to do the app as well .  but heck its alot quicker then using  paper cards 

anyway had a few good shots but mainly i went missing in action  my poor playing partners back for carrying me most of the way around 

but we had a few pars each specially  my playing partner having 5 pars in a row to finish the round

individual score was bed and breaky  for 26 points  and playing partner had 32points

the device some how  gave us 76 points in 4bbb   but  it was corrected at the end of day to 38 points and no where near the winning score of 48 points who we played along side of

starting to get bit tired   as i am playing golf again tommorow   and that will make 3 days in a row   and 4 games this week ,  i am starting to play like @Otto Von Blotto  the amount of games i am playing a week  (only kidding with you  kel)   heck i dont know how  Otto "tiger" Blotto  plays this much  .

arrrgh well i will be playing on Wednesday  again

needless to say  it was a good fun day despite golf not really played at the finest lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

well  played like a royal fat backside of golfer today being 4bbb  and couldn't swing a club for nuts

turned up and my playing partner said  he wants to use the app to score rather then  using ol proven method of score card.  it kind of put me in a position of losing money,  as i had to do the app as well .  but heck its alot quicker then using  paper cards 

anyway had a few good shots but mainly i went missing in action  my poor playing partners back for carrying me most of the way around 

but we had a few pars each specially  my playing partner having 5 pars in a row to finish the round

individual score was bed and breaky  for 26 points  and playing partner had 32points

the device some how  gave us 76 points in 4bbb   but  it was corrected at the end of day to 38 points and no where near the winning score of 48 points who we played along side of

starting to get bit tired   as i am playing golf again tommorow   and that will make 3 days in a row   and 4 games this week ,  i am starting to play like @Otto Von Blotto  the amount of games i am playing a week  (only kidding with you  kel)   heck i dont know how  Otto "tiger" Blotto  plays this much  .

arrrgh well i will be playing on Wednesday  again

needless to say  it was a good fun day despite golf not really played at the finest lol

Hang in there OD, one day you will break 50 on the inside 9, just joshing & no smiley face because we can't.  

• Haha 3

This week was another stableford round with a bit of a twist.  You scored as you would a normal round but also multiplied your score each hole with your partner.  Can be an interesting concept but my partner had a real off day so we weren't in contention. 

I had a pretty good day  -  15 on the front nine and 19 coming home to finish with 34 points and 32nd out of 101 players. Handicap still on 14.

A bit of excitement by the 1st tee was a brown snake out enjoying the warmer weather.  Saw him (or his twin) 9 holes later about 100 metres down the fairway. Glad we didn't have to spend much time looking for balls in the rough!

Next week is a par round.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GregT5 said:

A bit of excitement by the 1st tee was a brown snake out enjoying the warmer weather.  Saw him (or his twin) 9 holes later about 100 metres down the fairway. Glad we didn't have to spend much time looking for balls in the rough!

This brings back funny memories for me, Greg. I used to play regularly in summer at Mt Pleasant GC in SA. Snakes weren't an uncommon sight.
On one occasion my mate lost a ball in long grass on the 2nd hole and I made a hissing noise near him as we searched for his ball. We'd seen a snake slithering across the driveway of the course as we arrived for our game. Naturally with the snake sighting front of mind he crapped himself and called me colourful names when he realised there was no danger.
Forward on to the 15th hole and I've lost a ball in long grass and the grass moves. My mate yells out, "Look out!...........
..........A RABBIT!"  I sh1t myself. Funny days.
I'm still scared of rabbits to this day. They are frightening creatures. 😄 

Edited by Malter White
  • Haha 6

Different course time today over at Virginia, although I am familiar with it from playing there in the social club. Couldn't get the pace on the greens today though. I was picking the line reasonably well but leaving a lot of putts short, including this eagle chance on 13 🤦🏻‍♂️ still not too bad a day, was hitting it fairly well but 35 putts was pretty ordinary, I'm usually around 30. GA sneaked down to 8.9.

Tomorrow is a 4BBB so won't affect the handicap. Getting a bit of rain currently so hopefully it softens the greens up nicely. Thursday a regular Stableford for my last day of holidays ☹️

2058516580_Screenshot_20230124_134552_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.bac5a668fbf386fe70ea9246a2236604.jpg

• Like 2

DID I TELL ANYONE I WON?

Oh what a day@golf, my game felt like crap from, tyhe moment i woke up  but the end score didn't reflect that ..

i am not going to do a hole by hole  thing or show ya my card unlike our pro golfer @Otto Von Blotto

well i thought wewas going to have a long day  i played with a 12 year old  and 60 year old

i love playing golf with juniors as the swing pure  and this lad was no different and i felt for him having to play with guys 3 times his age and more

the junior and my self got lumbered with a 38 handicapper, this is the 1st person i have played with (not seen or heard off)  with 3 shots on 2 holes and he wiped his 3 shot holes.

not judging the guy  because when he hits a straight ball he will out driver  Tiger woods ....but heck   when he stuffed up   he stuffed up  ,  had to call for the fire brigade because he was creating fires with his worm burners into the rough

still with his bad shots   he kept up the pace of play  

i won on a count back having 36 points   as the guy played bogie on last hole and my par in the end  just pipped i

had a great day 36 points played to the cap

18 on the front
18on the back  

cant be unhappy

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

DID I TELL ANYONE I WON?

Oh what a day@golf, my game felt like crap from, tyhe moment i woke up  but the end score didn't reflect that ..

i am not going to do a hole by hole  thing or show ya my card unlike our pro golfer @Otto Von Blotto

well i thought wewas going to have a long day  i played with a 12 year old  and 60 year old

i love playing golf with juniors as the swing pure  and this lad was no different and i felt for him having to play with guys 3 times his age and more

the junior and my self got lumbered with a 38 handicapper, this is the 1st person i have played with (not seen or heard off)  with 3 shots on 2 holes and he wiped his 3 shot holes.

not judging the guy  because when he hits a straight ball he will out driver  Tiger woods ....but heck   when he stuffed up   he stuffed up  ,  had to call for the fire brigade because he was creating fires with his worm burners into the rough

still with his bad shots   he kept up the pace of play  

i won on a count back having 36 points   as the guy played bogie on last hole and my par in the end  just pipped i

had a great day 36 points played to the cap

18 on the front
18on the back  

cant be unhappy

Good stuff OD, now you can have a couple of beers & while you are at it THROTDO.

• Haha 2

Nice one mate, well done. Always nice to get a win. I know what you mean about the high cappers though, they usually hit one decent shot out of about ten, it can be annoying at times but I suppose we all started there at some stage. 

I did play today but in a best ball so while I did record my round for club distances there's not much point posting it given half the holes I picked up on 😂 I played alright though, drove it pretty well, some nice iron shots and the chipping was on point. 

Our group consisted of two players off 3, one off 5 and me off 8. I was paired with one of the 3 markers and we made 40 points between us. I made the only birdie we had after hitting a 54° wedge exactly 100 metres to about 2 feet. A good day overall and useful swing practice for tomorrow. 

Also picked up a box of the 2023 ProV1s, but I didn't end up using any as I still have a couple of the old ones to wear out or lose first 🤣 I might put one into play tomorrow though to see how it performs in comparison.

• Like 2

Pretty ordinary round yesterday to finish up the holidays. It wasn't helped by it being really humid for most of it, that 6 on 11 was largely due to the club slipping in my hands on the approach to the green and I completely chunked it. It was also extremely slow due to groups somewhere ahead taking bloody forever. Anyway, back into it tomorrow and Sunday as normal

913013227_Screenshot_20230126_194945_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.9819908ec7bf2065227e58cf9230ff32.jpg

• Like 3

Today's round had everything including a suspension of play because of a thunderstorm 😂

I drove it pretty well, approaches were better than usual - perhaps starting to improve that aspect of the game more. My reliable putting stroke decided to take a holiday on the front 9, but I found it again on the back after the birdie on 9. Nearly made 3 birdies from 3 greens in regulation on the back, but the one on 18 lipped out 🤦🏻‍♂️

The siren went off while we were on the 5th hole, and I rushed the putts there, but the other 3 putts were just rubbish putting. Unfortunately hit the tee shot on 6 OB after the restart, obviously the delay wasn't ideal. So yeah, bit of an up and down round but the overall score was pretty good in the end (adjusted gross 81), and a small GA drop to a new low of 8.8. Driving distance back to normal, avg 249, longest 272.

Tomorrow is off the blues again so pretty much the same course since the pins will be the same, hopefully without a storm delay this time 🤣

723099053_Screenshot_20230128_185937_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.622530b77c94a06d9182c0389245b0da.jpg

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Like 3

Showed up for Golf yesterday, but not much else!

My usual start to the day, a couple of dozen chips and pitches, followed by a few 8 irons, 4h and 4 or 5 Drives.

Chips and pitches were good, others OK except the driver, one good out of five!

And that's about how the day went, some good hits and lots of Crap, 3 pars and 8 wipes!

My par putt on the last stopped half a roll short and that gave me a score of 19 over all..

Golf!

• Sad 4

We had a Par round yesterday.  Started off with a fairly reasonable drive, right edge of fairway only to be told by one of my playing partners that they have out driven me! He is the 11 year old son of my mate, I told him I am 51 years older than him, he should be out driving me. He went on to birdie the hole,  I only parred it.

Played steady all day, would've been nice if a couple of putts dropped instead of sliding just past the lip. Finished 1 down so not unhappy.  Handicap stayed on 14. Next week is monthly medal which is a stroke round. 

• Like 3

We all have those rounds occasionally, just imagine shooting 105 playing off 10 😂 that was 18 points for handicap purposes. Embarrassing really.

Anyway I didn't have a great round today but some good pars around the back 9 helped keep things respectable. Both today and yesterday I kept finding ways to stuff up holes I don't get shots on, and then played better on the harder holes. One positive is that I found my putting stroke again, and while not all dropped they didn't miss by much. I'm happy about that. Driving was reasonable, just couldn't hit a green to save my life today and wound up in far too many bunkers for my liking. Avg drive 248m, longest 291m. GA went a teeny bit out to 8.9, which won't affect any daily handicaps anyway. 

Next week I have Friday off so I'm playing the black marker challenge, which will be a good practice for the first round of club championships on Saturday. It's looking like I'll be in A grade for those this year so I'm not gonna feature in the gross placings but can hopefully do something in the nett. 

228420043_Screenshot_20230129_153734_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.3e835d767fb604e8b2801974979d4c57.jpg

• Like 2

105....yikes!! Thankfully it has been a fair while since I have hit that. I agree with you, the frustration of your putter going cold randomly. Glad yours behaved today.

Good luck with the championships coming up. 

• Like 4

That one was definitely an anomaly, just one of those rounds where everything that could go wrong did go wrong, and to make it worse I started with 3 straight pars. Next day I went out and shot 80. 

Anyway thanks mate, hopefully I can have a better showing this year. Didn't do much at all last year, decided to have all my crap Saturday rounds for the champs 😂

• Like 1

Saturday 2 Man Ambrose   me and my partner started well and finished the front 9 pretty well except for 1 hole neither of played well  on the 8th  to double bogie it by scrambling  the distance

we finished the round with a 69.75   winners had 61 .25  of the day

however  though it was along day  right from the start in stinking dam hot day    every hole  we spent the 1st 5 minutes chatting to the group in front on each hole then 5 minutes waiting for them  to be out of range as 1 group of 4  fell 3-4 holes behind   and they had the guy  who likes searching for balls in dams during comp  .

we all got to tee off earlier thanks to the 1st few groups using their common sense.  but  its pretty hard to get a tee time in front of this guy who looks for balls during comp as he is usually in group 3  off the tee this week he was group 4.

it was nearly a 6 hour round .   i think if i didn't have a playing partner  i would have walked off..   

anyway had good company in my group  and the group in front

hopefully on Wednesday  i get a good grouping   before  my club goes into 5 weeks of stroke as this Saturday its medal and start of the summer cup which is 4 weeks of stroke  + march medal day   so dependin on my score next Saturday  , i may just have to venture back to my other club

• Sad 4