Coopers Community

Cheap Coopers, Where D'ya Get It?

Marvin

On 8/29/2020 at 12:24 PM, MUZZY said:

today was the first time I'd noticed they have a cheaper carton price on extracts ie. you can buy 1 tin for $17.99 or a carton of 6 for $86.95.

i was able to get 'slab price' dry malt at dans once.. worked out to be about 2kg (4 boxes) for around $27. if you check the shelf price tags and there's a carton price i'm pretty sure they'll do it

• Like 1

This is the 1st time I have gotten cans cheaper than member price & free shipping from Coopers. At least an order that included the higher series cans. Woolies used to have Real and Dark cans for quite cheap - will have to wander up that aisle again and see if they still have them. But 5 RA and 2 APA for $99 is good value, and given I had only just placed an order with Coopers, plus I still have 5 extract c ans & 2 LME's on the shelf, I'm well stocked for some time. 😄

Anyone wanting to try the BigW deal, today is the last day for it I think.

Further to the BigW 'points + 10%' recently, BWS has just sent me an email with exactly the same deal. I feel cheapened that they are like, "Hey! He fell for this once, let's see if we can get him again." 😄 😄 

Pretty sure they don't do home brew stuff though. 😄 

Just now, CLASSIC said:

As far as I can see there are no BWS bottle shops in Adelaide selling home brew supplies, I think that's why Dan Murphy's does. As you know same company.

Nope, didn't know that. You are a font of arcania! 😄

I get most of my extract cans from Drakes Supermarket, usually under $14 for OS cans. Have to give a shout out to Coopers On-line though as I missed out on the Triple Choc stout kit, so bought the ingredients at the LHBS. Forgot the English ale yeast so Coopers sent me a bunch of yeast sachets

Edited by UncleStavvy

• 4 months later...

I noticed a post the other day from Thirsty Jim saying that he had scored some cheap cans of Real Ale and Dark ale from his local Woolies on the Mornington Peninsula.

I was at my local Woolies in Central Victoria this morning and the Dark and Real Ales are going cheap ( $10-70 ) there too.

Woolies may be discontiuing them nation wide like they did awhile back with there Mexican Cerveza cans, so if any one is after some cut price Real or Dark Ale cans, it might be worth checking out your local Woolies and see if they are going cheap there too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thebeerpig said:

I noticed a post the other day from Thirsty Jim saying that he had scored some cheap cans of Real Ale and Dark ale from his local Woolies on the Mornington Peninsula.

I was at my local Woolies in Central Victoria this morning and the Dark and Real Ales are going cheap ( $10-70 ) there too.

Woolies may be discontiuing them nation wide like they did awhile back with there Mexican Cerveza cans, so if any one is after some cut price Real or Dark Ale cans, it might be worth checking out your local Woolies and see if they are going cheap there too.

Woolies seem to go through fazes of discontinuing things like Coopers.

I picked up a couple of Cerveza's a while ago in Woy Woy for $6.
A few days later I was up the coast a bit near Wadalba so thought I'd pop in and grab another.
But they weren't discounted there. Then when I checked later they were discounted at Lake Haven which is just a bit further up the coast, but too far out of my way.

I'll have a look in Woy Woy tonight.

As some of you already suspect, Woolworths have made the decision to reduce the number of DIY brewing products in their stores. Coopers DIY Beer Real Ale and Dark Ale cans have been removed from all Woolworths stores.

Despite our continued attempts to explain that our products are well supported and Woolworths shoppers prefer to purchase their brewing requirements during their grocery shop, Woolworths management have decided the deletion of these 2 products would not inconvenience their shoppers.

We have done what we can to minimise the reduction, however it is you the consumer that will ultimately influence what products they stock and do not stock.  

Should you wish to voice your concerns to Woolworths regarding this decision, we recommend you contact them via the following email or phone number:

Email    customer_service@woolworths.com.au

Phone  1300 767 969

Alternatively, please voice your concerns to your local Woolworths store manager.

Thank you for your continued support and please be assured we will do our best to make Coopers DIY Beer products as accessible and competitively priced to our loyal brewers as possible

For more information on our extensive range of brewing products head to diybeer.com

Cheers,

Coopers DIY Beer Team

• Like 6

Go on.  Fire off an email.  It is harder than writing a post ....

Dear Woolies,

You have a great special on Cooper's Real Ale and Dark Ale home brew kits at the moment  but I am concerned that they are marked 'Clearance' and you wont stock them any more.  That would be a real shame because it is only the availability of Coopers Home Brew kits that I shop at Woolies rather than the other supermarkets.  If it is your intention not to carry these lines in future I hope you reconsider and we can still be friends.

Yours

Thirsty Jim (real name supplied)

• Like 7

Go on.  Fire off an email.  It is no harder than writing a post ....

Dear Woolies,

You have a great special on Cooper's Real Ale and Dark Ale home brew kits at the moment  but I am concerned that they are marked 'Clearance' and you will not stock them any more once they are gone.  That would be a real shame because it is only because of the availability of Coopers Home Brew kits that I shop at Woolies rather than the other supermarkets.  If it is your intention not to carry these lines in future I hope you reconsider and we can still be friends.

Yours

Thirsty Jim (real name supplied)

Apologies for the duplication but the missing words in the original were driving me crazy.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I just received a response from Woolies regarding my email - and from a human too.   

It was what you would expect... " owing to space restrictions ..., the buying behavior of our shoppers ..., we will bring your request to the attention of the relevant team ...," etc,  but it was a full and timely reply which suggests to me that Woolies take these complaints seriously.    And they will also be aware that for every person who bothers to make a complaint there are many unknown others who don't but will vote with their feet (and wallets) anyway. 

So keep sending them in -  It is true that particular items are often the only reason why shoppers choose one store over another.  If they believe they stand to lose regular customers by dropping a product they will think again. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Journeyman said:

Well, I could tell you but then I'd ahve to kill you. 😄

@Coopers DIY Beer Team- I've sent an email asking them to reconsider.

@MUZZY , do you see what I see ?   I don't know if I can bear it.  I need to have a larger and relax

@Spursman at the rate we are buying it they might have to reconsider their decision.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

Well I had to contribute to the OCD triggering... 😄 Perticularly since I bought it up. 😄

The Firies have just turned up at Muzzys house. Neighbours reported smoke. Turned out to be steam coming out his ears.

Well done chaps.

• Haha 2