Coopers Community

Cheap Coopers, Where D'ya Get It?

Marvin

MexCer.thumb.JPG.1ae5b1adb385643e76cdcf506e5ae9f4.JPG

Nice to see your persistence to get some has paid off Karlos.

I put my dented “April 2020” can down yesterday morning around 10 o'clock and the airlock is now starting to go gangbusters.

Haven’t tried Mexican Cerveza before so looking forward to the taste test in a few weeks time.

1 hour ago, porschemad911 said:

Ooh nice, I'll have to check my local Woollies... The Cerveza can is a great base for 11l batches in my Craft fermenter.

Cheers, 

John

What were you thinking of brewing John?
I was going to brew mine short to 15 litres. I've got this crazy idea that I would buy some grapefruit juice and add 4.5 litres.
Just an experiment to see how it goes. I've used grapefruit juice before by itself to make a grapefruit cider.
Friends seem to like it after the initial face pulling when tasting. Either than or they drink it to be polite.

I was going to use the second one to make a blushing blonde instead of the Canadian can.
Brew short and extra berries.

Damn, I may call into Woolies tomorrow and see that third can is still there.

cheers
Pete

1 hour ago, Graculus said:

Sounds good. I vaguely remember reading about that now you mention it.
I'll have to see if I can get any grapefruits to add the zest. That seems to add a fair bit of flavour.

Grapefruit has all but dried up where we are, well, unless you get it from woolies. 

1 hour ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Grapefruit has all but dried up where we are, well, unless you get it from woolies. 

I think I should still be able to get some. I just don't recall seeing them in the shops as much as I used to.

Anyhow new thread here on what are you doing with your kit.

https://community.diybeer.com/topic/12572-coopers-mexican-cerveza/

23 hours ago, Graculus said:

What were you thinking of brewing John?

Hmmm not sure, if I grab one I'll have a proper think. At this stage probably a pale ale of some description... steep a little crystal malt and come up with a hop blend for a flameout steep and dry hop (Mosaic, Galaxy and Nelson is sounding good). 

Cheers, 

John

I'm not greedy, really not. I asked the lady at the service desk when they would discount the cans like the rest of the Woolworths. 'We probably already have, we're a bit slow about putting up new tags'. I now have 21 cans and 9 brewing sugars.

i know the two together don't make the best beer but for 8 bucks I can fill a keg.

I too have joined the Mexican Wave!! Thanks for the heads up so I brought up my local Woollies Mex stash. Yep at a tad under $8 for a Coopers tin & brewing sugar who could resist? Probably add some dried light malt, yeast undecided?? go short to 21L & dry hop galaxy to start with & see what happens. Any recipes along these lines out there that have been a success?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...