Coopers Community

Cheap Coopers, Where D'ya Get It?

Marvin

3 minutes ago, Instigator said:

Dan Murphys have the Coopers K&K bundles on sale for members, again.

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/beer/brand-coopers

The first one I saw there was the APA can and they want $18 for that. Not exactly cheap, are they? And I logged in as a member. 

I can get it in Drakes (or BigW when they have a special) for $15. Woolies stock it on occasion as well for about $15. Even members price at Coopers store is $16.20 - what happened to the days when Dan's was cheaper than the rest?

10 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

The first one I saw there was the APA can and they want $18 for that. Not exactly cheap, are they? And I logged in as a member. 

I can get it in Drakes (or BigW when they have a special) for $15. Woolies stock it on occasion as well for about $15. Even members price at Coopers store is $16.20 - what happened to the days when Dan's was cheaper than the rest?

They're asking $20 for an APA and BE2 combo. That's pretty good actually.

If you can show them a competitor's price is cheaper they'll beat it. I've done it on a few occasions with grog but not with home brew as yet.

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

If you can show them a competitor's price is cheaper they'll beat it. I've done it on a few occasions with grog but not with home brew as yet.

I was just coming back here to mention that - 😄 I had Dan's site open on the other screen and saw the 'We'll beat it'

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MUZZY said:

They're asking $20 for an APA and BE2 combo. That's pretty good actually.

I've done it with home brew stuff and yes, they've matched it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Things are more expensive all over, at least the Dan Deals have picked up a bit.
Dan Murphy Deals:
Pale Ale and Enhancer 2 $20
Dark Ale and Enhancer 3 $18
English Bitter and 500g dry malt $20

I might get a few Dark Ale/E3s, not to use together though, unless in a toucan.

• Like 1

I've just visited my local Dan Murphy because I wanted a tin of Mexican Cerveza. I've bought from Dan numerous times before but today was the first time I'd noticed they have a cheaper carton price on extracts ie. you can buy 1 tin for $17.99 or a carton of 6 for $86.95. The same applies to Original Series tins which were about $75 for 6 tins. You're roughly getting 6 tins for the price of 5. Not bad buying if you tend to use the same variety of tins regularly. 
This would suit someone like @Journeyman, who, if I remember rightly, uses Real Ale tins as a base for many beers. I know JM is very shrewd too so he probably already knew about the carton price.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MUZZY said:

This would suit someone like @Journeyman, who, if I remember rightly, uses Real Ale tins as a base for many beers. I know JM is very shrewd too so he probably already knew about the carton price.

Yes I do use Real Ale mostly. But no, I didn't know about the carton pricing - we don't have a Dan's close by but I'll be paying a visit next time in Adelaide. 😄 Thanks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

Yes I do use Real Ale mostly. But no, I didn't know about the carton pricing - we don't have a Dan's close by but I'll be paying a visit next time in Adelaide. 😄 Thanks.

I'm surprised there's not one in Murray Bridge. I just looked and see Mt Barker is your closest.
I think the Real Ale price works out to about $12.50 per tin. That was Drakes single the price last time I bought from them but there has been an increase since I think.

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MUZZY said:

I'm surprised there's not one in Murray Bridge. I just looked and see Mt Barker is your closest.

You're correct but I mentioned Adelaide because I'm more likely to have a reason to go there instead of just to Mt Barker. 😄 

• Like 1

Supermarkets/Department stores run specials constantly. When they do on the Coopers tins, buy a few extra.

The Coopers online store offers free shipping from time to time, & with your club member discount, that too can be a worthwhile time to pick up a few extra tins.

Simples. 😉

Lusty.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Goldcoast Crow said:

Haven't found cheaper than big W for the base range.... If you want to go past the base range, APA, real ale, later, Mexican, dark ale...... Then probably your local HBS

LMAO - my LHBS wants $19 per can for OS cans and that was BEFORE the recent price jump!

11 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

The Coopers online store offers free shipping from time to time, & with your club member discount, that too can be a worthwhile time to pick up a few extra tins.

Yep. I did that last month, but they had a can limit of 6 - had to juggle a bit to get it over $80 - (I was wanting LME) so I scored a couple of higher range cans.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MUZZY said:

I've just visited my local Dan Murphy because I wanted a tin of Mexican Cerveza. I've bought from Dan numerous times before but today was the first time I'd noticed they have a cheaper carton price on extracts ie. you can buy 1 tin for $17.99 or a carton of 6 for $86.95. The same applies to Original Series tins which were about $75 for 6 tins.

That is interesting, it didn't seem to work online though.

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Big W deal:

"Spend $100 or more in one transaction online at www.bigw.com.au and you can save $10!* Be sure to enter the promotion code 10DOLLARS in the ‘Add Promo Code’ section of the checkout. Offer ends at 11.59pm AEDT 06 June 2021."

I did one order for $100 and then another straight after and $10 came off both.

You have to select pickup or it'll do a free delivery thing and you don't get the $10 off.

"enjoy a special 10x points at BIG W's VIP Online Shopping Event.

Make sure to link your Everyday Rewards Card to your BIG W account. Plus, enjoy the convenience of free Pick up in-store.^

Shop and enjoy as many times as you like between Tuesday, 11 May and Friday, 14 May.*"

Big W Coopers Dan Murphy  
original 15.00 13.95 15.49    
International 17.00 16.20 17.99    
Thomas Cooper 18.90      
malt   10.80      
Enhancer 3 9.5 9      

less 10%          
original 13.5        
International 15.3        
Enhancer 3 8.55        

You have to link your card to get this, if you can be bothered.
less 14.5%          
original 12.89        
International 14.61        
Enhancer 3 8.17        

one of these points is worth half a cent so 10x.05 =5 but it's off the already reduced amount, so not a full 5%

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Marvin said:

less 10%           original 13.5         International 15.3         Enhancer 3 8.55                                

You have to link your card to get this, if you can be bothered. less 14.5%           original 12.89         International 14.61         Enhancer 3 8.17      

How do you get to these prices? I linked my card to my account. 

Did you get $10 off AND the %discounts?

8 hours ago, Journeyman said:

How do you get to these prices? I linked my card to my account. 

Did you get $10 off AND the %discounts?

You get the $10 off and 10x rewards points.

Put $100 of stuff in your cart, pay $90 after $10 off, get $90x10=900 points worth $4.50

I only applied 14 % off, should be 14.5% off altogether, taking the rewards into account.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Marvin said:

You get the $10 off and 10x rewards points.

Put $100 of stuff in your cart, pay $90 after $10 off, get $90x10=900 points worth $4.50

I am tempted. I wouldn't get any of the TC's as Coopers is $5 cheaper per can - it's funny BW is close on OS and Int series but way above on those.

My base kit is Real Ale but XPA's use Aust Pale Ale, so BW takes 5 x RA & 2 x APA = $109, less $10 and they give the full 980 points. So $99 and $4.90 of points. Coopers comes to $102.15 for the same cans and free delivery right now, but I can get delivery with 1 less can for $88.

So BigW gives me an $11 can plus a $4.90 kick in the points total. 😄 And we're going shopping today. 😄 And big plus - BigW does Afterpay. That seals the deal for me. 

Thanks for the heads-up and info.