Coopers Community

New to the Guild? ** PLEASE READ THIS POST FIRST **

PB2

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome aboard mate. Always glad to meet the new kid on the block. [cool]

Especially when they've got the right stuff. But they will need to take their brewing progression step by step.

I really should be embarrassed to know New Kids on the Block references. Luckily I don't embarrass easily [biggrin]

I'm hangin' tough [innocent]

I really should be embarrassed to know New Kids on the Block references

Yes you should Hairy, certainly not something you should be bandying about here mate[rightful]

If you continue with the NKOTB posts, try to do it with a deep voice[ninja]

Finally on the map... Loch Road. Bryanston, South Africa

Marc's Mountain Brewery, featuring my loved... Fir Comb Hall Lager!

Hi Marc - Welcome to the forum [biggrin] . I'm intrigued to know what Fir Comb is but am scared to google it at work...who knows what would come up [w00t]

Finally on the map... Loch Road. Bryanston, South Africa

Marc's Mountain Brewery, featuring my loved... Fir Comb Hall Lager!

Hi Marc - Welcome to the forum [biggrin] . I'm intrigued to know what Fir Comb is but am scared to google it at work...who knows what would come up [w00t]

I use a Fir Comb for my back.

Sorry, that's a Fur Comb [pinched]

Hi' date=' I started brewing late last year. Didn't take me long to get into hops and specialty grains! I think that's far enough for me, I think my fun:work ratio will decline too fast beyond there...[/quote']

Welcome to the forum Tim. Good to see you have embraced hops and specialty grains so early.

And don't be surprised if your view changes. As you progress further and learn more, the fun:work ratio blurs and brewing work becomes fun.

• 1 month later...

Gents,

I have recently purchased myself a Coopers Home Brew Kit and am in the last stages of fermentation. Couldn't be happier right now! I feel like a scientist or something. Doing experiments and stuff. Seeing the yeast become active! It's all so exciting! Proper good fun [biggrin]

I will be cleaning the bottles over the long weekend (insert massive sigh) and cannot explain how much I don't want to have to do this but I totally understand the seriousness of not doing it. I'm not one for doing things half arsed so I just have to buck up and get it done. I have already read so many of your posts and look forward to contributing where I can and also getting more hints and tips and general info from you all.

Cheers [joyful]

Welcome aboard FuseO.

I hope you wear a lab coat and glasses when brewing [biggrin]

Definitely do things right; no short cuts. A little pain now will save you tipping out a whole batch of your hard work.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Im Adam, Im from Brisbane and I was pretty new to the brewing caper. I have done a few brew, gradually getting better. I've been getting tips from this forum so I thought I'd join and get involved.

Archived