Coopers Community

New to the Guild? ** PLEASE READ THIS POST FIRST **

PB2

Black Jack,

As muddy said,

\u2018the people are friendly , but the natives are bloody awfull!

I am sure younwould be classified as a native now wouldn't you. You must be good at changing your mind, a few weeks ago you wanted us to thank Paul (the elder of the natives) and now your saying he is blood awful. [sideways] [lol]

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G'day fellas,

My name is Pete and I started brewing again after 10 years of drought. Got the itch again after visiting my father-in-law and sampling his brews. No hangover and bloody tastiness sealed the deal for me.

Have been brewing again since Dec 2010 (so I had homebrew for Xmas) and have gotten pretty experimental with different fermentables. My favourite would have to be either my honey blonde or my amarillo stout. Have kept the fermenter going ever since and even bought a second kit to double the production.

Love the process and happy to be a beer hobbyist. Have you guys seen CraigTube on youtube? The guy is an inspiration and loves his Coopers. I have learned a lot from him and tried a lot of his tricks out too. Great for the novices or just a refresher course. I recommmend searching it there and watching any of his movies that take your fancy.

Have been so stoked with my own brews. I am a big fan of the Sir Thomas Cooper's Sparkling Ale as per tin instructions and I add Safale Ale yeast instead of the tin yeast.

I made my den on 'Places' in facebook called 'Homebrew Heaven' so I just kept that for here too. Keeps it simple.

Look forward to reading more now and checking out ideas. Very interested in hops now and how they affect flavour profiles. So I'll read on.

welcome to the guild, pete. glad to here you've got back to brew your own![cool] it sound like your brewery has been as busy as mine this past winter. (northern hemiphere)[alien]

i have brew a couple of honey blonde ales myself this winter and would be interested how yours turned out and what the recipe was.

chad

Hi brewers,

I bottled my first brew yesterday. Coopers Lager that came with the Coopers brew kit. I'm looking forward to experimenting.

I've placed my brewery 'Auld Hoose' on the map in Renown Park, just around the corner from the Coopers Brewery.

cheers

Todd

• 2 weeks later...

Weggl, it's not overly complicated. Key in your preferred brewery name etc. key in the location & hit the "Save" icon.

To see your brewery on the map you may have to zoom in on the Sydney area to see yours.

As has been posted previously, it's usually something you do once & don't get back to[cool]

Hi, my name is Trent and my brewery is UrMamasWet4Me Brewery, in Waratah West, Newcastle NSW.

I was given a second hand fermenter last year off a lady at work, I was going to put down a brew last year but we where forced to move (damn rental properties)I put own my first batch nearly two and half week ago and receieved early b/day present off the olds so I could by a second but brand new Coopers DIY Beer kit so I bought a can of Coopers Dark Ale and have put down both my Coopers Lager (which came with my kit) and my Coopers Dark Ale for my 2nd and 3rd brews at the same time which I'll hopefully be bottling this Friday evening

• 1 month later...

G'day,

Wife bought me my Coopers kit a few days ago for my bday!

I'm in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. Named my brewery after my grandparents... Lenwood & Merle.

Cheers,

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, the name is Mario, i'm new to the brewing game and look to have my first brew started this weekend.

My Brewery is called "the Chookpen", omage to one of the best supporters groups in Rugby league !

Looking foward to swapping brew stories ! [biggrin]

Hi I have just got on this site i bought the brew kit a couple of months ago i have put down three brews and two are bottled 1 Mexican Black rock brand and 2 lagers one with added hops. The Mexican wasn't that good but time in the garage hopefully will help. The lager does taste a lot better but waiting to carbonate a bit more I'm in Goulburn and is a bit cold here so taking a while. I have a couple bottles on a heat pad and the others wraped in a blanket. Does this sound any good and does anyone rack there beer off into another tub before bottling also does anyone bulk prime there beer.

Hi Scott - Welcome [biggrin]

Your beer will taste a lot better after a few months in the bottle - Patience is one of the first lessons of brewing (always easier once you get your stocks up a bit [biggrin] ).

I don't think putting bottles on a heat pad is a good idea as it will be a bit warm. What you want to do is get your bottles above 18C but not too much. In winter I find the best way is to move them to my living area or kitchen cupboards, where it is usally warmer, for the first couple of weeks. Then you can move them back to your regular storage place.

I do bulk prime a lot of the time and this is the only time generally rack my beer into another fermentor.

G'day all!

My first Home Brew kit arrived in the post today. I'm keen to get brewing now but I head off on holidays on Monday, so I have to force myself to hold off. As soon as I get home, I'm turning my place into Home Brew HQ!

I added my Brewery on the map. It's called the Lodge and is located right in the heart of Radeladie.

Speak later,

Justin

Gday everyone,

Thought I'd introduce myself, My names Corey (Blacky's Brewtopia, Rosewater,SA) I'm new to the forum, and brewing for that matter [biggrin]

I have just bottled my first batch last night, Aussie pale ale, just did the can of malt and the brew enhancer #2, but it tasted great straight out the fermenter so im pretty keen to try them in a couple of weeks[cool]

Take it sleazy

Archived