Coopers Community

New to the Guild? ** PLEASE READ THIS POST FIRST **

PB2

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome fellas [biggrin]

Corey - my tip for the day is not to drink your pale ale too quick. Sure taste a couple at 2 weeks but make sure you keep some for longer. It should taste ok at 2 weeks but it will certainly taste even better at 4 weeks - It's good to taste them to see how your beer improves as it matures.

Cheers guys for a very welcoming welcome [biggrin]

yea i'm gonna try to store most of it, i'll try 1 or 2 at 2 weeks, but the rest can go hide behind the couch(out of sight, out of mind)

I've got the brew bug but not enough bottles left lol definitely gotta get more on payday wouldn't try the sparkling next or maybe a pilsner ahhh...so many choices lol

favourite commercial beer is sparkles at the moment so i might go with that one

thanks for all the advice

cheers

peace

The Sparkling Ale makes an extremely good drop. Last one I made gave everyone the impression that I had stolen the hobgoblin recipe [alien] . I was pretty chuffed about it as hobgoblins are an awesome beer.

The only issue with brewing is that it becomes extremely addictive. I have milkcrates full of beer all over the place.

• 2 months later...

[biggrin]

To Coopers Club members and newly joined Order of Coopers members' date=' WELCOME TO THE BREWERS GUILD !

[rightful] Please be mindful to conduct yourself on this forum as if you are visiting the Cooper Family's private home, which they have kindly opened to the public.[rightful]

We urge you to check the Brewing FAQs before placing a question on the forum.

You are invited to put your brewery on the map if you haven't already done so.

In a few weeks, we've gone beyond 250 breweries on the map - THIS COULD BE HUGE!! Even have one registered in Iceland, Brrrrr.

We encourage you to introduce yourself and post the details of your newly lodged brewery in this thread.

Mine is Frothies , the house beer is a US Pale Ale style but there is always something different in the other keg (2 x kegs on tap). You'll find my brewery in the Northgate/Oakden area just N/East of Adelaide, SA.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings! I'm Nick, and I've called my brewery The Planck Length Brewery, as I'm a bit of a physics geek. The wife has just assigned me the cupboard under the stairs to use as my fermenting and conditioning "room" as there's "too many bottles and too much bloody brewing junk kicking about my house!" I'm based in Sheffield in the UK.

I don't really have a house brew as such, as I like to mix things up a bit, but I'd say my house style is tending towards the darker end of things!

I've done a couple of Coopers Stout kits, and I'm currently fermenting another with various extras added in to make a Christmas brew. My next brew will be the Australian Pale kit (it should arrive this week) to try it "straight" first with a view to experimenting with it to make a summer beer, and after that I'm planning to follow the Dark Pils recipe from this very website.

I feel that so far over the last 2 years or so I've dipped my toe in the brewing waters, and I'm now getting cracking properly!

names is dave or fish shall do.

i am a big fan of Old or dark style brews.

My current is a morgan kit with golding hops thats been going for 16 days...... Next kit is a coopers dark ale with Pride of ringwood and golden syrup. I know there was a recipe about for this too. any helpers?

Also taken a big step in growing my hops for the first time.

Located down in the southwest of WA. and i am spoilt for beer choice in a desert of wine..

Hi All,

Thought it was time I made a post - have been loitering around [bandit] and doing lots of reading over the past couple of months.

Have put my brewery on the map and have called it 'Brews on Braddon'.

Onto my 5th brew (Sparkling Ale)[happy] with an IPA waiting to go in as soon the Sparkling is bottled up. [biggrin]

Cheers,

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

G'day folks. My name's Steve. Been looking around the forums for a few months now and just started home brewing again after a year or two off.

This time around I want to get a little more serious with it.

Ive got me a heap of pick axe bottles, a cheap fridge and small digital temp gauge, a bottle stand and no rise sanitiser.

Done two brews now. A Coopers Euro lager just with a brew enhancer 1 and bottles into PET bottles.

The second brew was a Coopers Pale ale kit with 1kg dry malt and a hop pellet thingy I found. Seemed to frement in 4-5 days at 22 C

and after only ten days in the bottle I had a try and seemed the bloody goods I tell ya.

So far so good. Pretty keen to get onto my next one in the new brew fridge using some coopers commercial yeast ill get started before the footy tomorrow.

Cheers Steve

Hey all

I named my brewery after my first successful beer "Fat Creatures Brew Co" (an American Pale Ale, using the classic Coopers Pale Ale tin as the base of the recipe).

I thought that I better get on here and introduce myself. I'm an extract+specialty grain+hops brewer, and I've nearly been brewing a year now. I'm too lazy to do full mash brews at the moment, but I may get there.

I like to make ales, and I'm really into the American hops at the moment. I'm a scientist (so I like to experiment), and have taken to making 2-3 malt, 3 hop beers of late.

I guess that's all for now so, hi.

-Dylan

Here's to being production oriented. If nothing else it keeps me pits deep in beer...

On the go:

23L IPA + BE2 + some hops off my neighbors fence.

20L Stout + BE2 + 1/2 cup molasses + shomnf

Currently enjoying a a Dark Ale + BE2..

Best thing about this hobby is the variables available. You don't make twins.

Here's to being production oriented. If nothing else it keeps me pits deep in beer...

On the go:

23L IPA + BE2 + some hops off my neighbors fence.

20L Stout + BE2 + 1/2 cup molasses + shomnf

Currently enjoying a a Dark Ale + BE2..

Best thing about this hobby is the variables available. You don't make twins.

Hi Tom and welcome [biggrin]

yeah best thing is with this hobby is the variables and i really like planning my next brew, it makes me very thirsty..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all...

Thought I would introduce myself here and say hi.

Fairly new to brewing so just doing basics atm. Mainly like wheat beers and will be trying a hoegaarden clone soon after I brew some beer for dad [biggrin] . Brewery is Laughing Kookaburra Beers as we have a few up this way in Lachlan, Tasmania.

Cheers

Darren

Archived