Coopers Community

New to the Guild? ** PLEASE READ THIS POST FIRST **

PB2

Hi everybody,

Some of you have already helped me with my first brew. Now to introduce myself, I'm Lotm, aka Scott. My Brewery Lotm's Lot is located in the northern suburbs of Brisbane. I'm looking forward to brewing, talking brewing, drinking, talking about drinking and so on and so forth...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess I should have posted here first, my bad!

Names Alex aka Sgt Coco. Sappers Brewery, Ottawa Canada. Glad to have found coopers at my local wine/brew shop.

House brew...Dark Ale!

Plan on brewing up a ton of quality batches to donate to the Snr NCO's mess.

Cheers [happy]

Guess I should have posted here first, my bad!

Names Alex aka Sgt Coco. Sappers Brewery, Ottawa Canada. Glad to have found coopers at my local wine/brew shop.

House brew...Dark Ale!

Plan on brewing up a ton of quality batches to donate to the Snr NCO's mess.

Cheers [happy]

And here\u2019s belated welcome to you Alex. Those lucky Snr NCSs. That (Sgt Coco) would be a great handle for the Coopers forum.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

G'day guys, just joined the guild today and put "Boogs' Brew House" on the map near Caboolture in sunny (not so sunny today) QLD.

I've been brewing for nearly 20 years now but have yet to venture away from the can kit and kilo of dex [crying], maybe one day [roll] i'll have a go at a full recipe.

Anyway, hope to chat in the forums soon.

Cheers,

Marty.

Hey' date=' McFly. I thought I told you never to come in here.[/i']

Sorry Marty....I couldn't resist....I'm a very simple man [biggrin]

Welcome!

[biggrin] hahaha, I haven't had a McFly joke thrown at me for, geez...must be 20 or 25 years [wink]

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed your signature eh.... [biggrin] Loved that movie haven't seen it in years!

BTW I'm Matt, Got a DIY kit for Christmas. I did buy some cans to try some straight-forward recipes before winter sets in and I have a real crack at a nice lager.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, New to the guild, old CC member with cooler bag & Sunvisor (still using)to prove it. Just rekindled my love of home brewing, 'Adams Ale' house is located in Springfield QLD with a full crew of junior bottle washers, fillers & cappers!My rock is Coopers Pale Ale. Just a couple of questions - 1. Will my bottles (Glass & PET),miss my pick axe! be ok to remain in the cartons at temps of 29-34. Or should i refridgerate after a week? 2. Having trouble with taps x threading in my plastic FV#1, tried thread tape etc. Just seems that half a turn to tighten is too far!

Thanks, AdamN.

Welcome Adam!

miss my pick axe!

I'm lucky enough to have approx 100 Pickaxe longies & 200 stubs. Just try and take them from me! [devil]

In answer to your question about bottle temps, once carbonation has occurred (around 2 wks @ 20c) it is best to keep them in as cool an area as possible. However, apart from lucky buggers like Yob who have a cellar, most of us have to deal with storing in the higher temps. It'll be okay, but they won't age anywhere near as well.

Never had that trouble with my taps, so maybe someone else can advise?

All the best mate. [happy]

Thanks Phil, I didn't have to contend with high temps often in SE Sth Aust. I'm adjusting my methods and trying to be as practical & resourceful as possible. Got some great ideas off the forum already. Glad I took my shoes off before entering the Coopers private homestead! Cheers.

Hi all,

Peter here, got my DYI kit in December and bottled the Coopers Lager that came with the kit 01/01/13. Pretty happy so far, brew smelled like beer and tasted like beer when bottled so very keen to crack open my first bottle. My brewery is Sols Brewery in Wangaratta Vic.

Look forward to the guidance from you guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived